Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Step up! Our best anti-MLPA friend needs your help (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12668)

PAL 02-23-2012 02:31 PM

Step up! Our best anti-MLPA friend needs your help

Via Keep America Fishing. Follow the link to easily and painlessly send a support letter to your state legislator.

Quote:

California Conservationist Unfairly Attacked for Legal Hunting Activities

Take action to keep one of the sportfishing community's strongest supporters in office

Dan Richards, president of the California Fish and Game Commission and an avid angler, hunter and friend to sportsmen and women, is being unfairly attacked by extreme environmental and animal rights organizations for taking part in a legal hunt in Idaho. While hunting cougars may not be licensed in California, it is both legal and well-managed in Idaho.

But what is the real issue here? The organizations leading the charge against Richards have a much broader agenda. Richards has consistently been a voice of reason throughout the flawed Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) initiative, a controversial program that threatens sportfishing in California, and the businesses and 20,000 jobs that depend on it, by unnecessarily closing large areas of the ocean to recreational fishing. If successful in their efforts to remove Richards from the commission, these anti-fishing groups will be one step closer to shutting anglers out of more of California's best fishing spots.

These anti-fishing and hunting organizations initially pressured Richards to resign from his post as Fish and Game Commissioner. Now that he had rightly refused to yield to this pressure, legislative action is being considered to forcibly remove him from the commission.

All that is needed to remove Richards from the commission is a simple majority vote by California's state legislature – so your help is needed now!

KeepAmericaFishing™ encourages all California sportsmen and women to send a letter to their state senate and assembly members expressing support for Commissioner Dan Richards and urging legislators to oppose any measure that would remove Richards from the commission.
http://keepamericafishing.salsalabs....ction_KEY=4066

Hunters Pa 02-23-2012 02:35 PM

Done

Deamon 02-23-2012 03:10 PM

Done

mtnbykr2 02-23-2012 03:33 PM

done

GregAndrew 02-23-2012 03:33 PM

Done.

T-Rex 02-23-2012 03:34 PM

Done. Took less than 2 minutes.

Unbelievable that legislative action is being considered to try to remove a straight shooter line Dan Richards, while a dirtbag like Michael Sutton remains on the Commission. Our legislators continue to ignore his lies, omissions, conflicts of interest and ties to the Monterey bay Aquarium and Packard Foundation. :mad:

WahooUSMA 02-23-2012 04:14 PM

Done

blitzburgh 02-23-2012 04:19 PM

Got the email this mornin'....done.

PapaDave 02-23-2012 04:21 PM

Done, added a few of my own comments also, nicely of course.

roadx 02-23-2012 04:33 PM

Done

echo1er 02-23-2012 05:41 PM

done

vincentek9 02-23-2012 05:43 PM

DONE

Billy V 02-23-2012 05:59 PM

Done.

-and I'll be sure to take along my DFG Declaration forms to Mexico tomorrow-incase I come across a tasty black sea bass or cow cod.

http://www.missionbaymarlinclub.org/...t/DFG_Decl.pdf

ctrujillo 02-23-2012 06:53 PM

Donei

T Bone 02-23-2012 07:22 PM

Done

kobra 02-23-2012 07:36 PM

Done. What a bunch of crap.

MrPatrick 02-23-2012 07:49 PM

Mops

Done
Let them get away with this and we are one more step closer to
Plutopia= Progressive-Liberal-Utopia :the_finger:.

Tman 02-23-2012 07:49 PM

Thanks Paul, DONE!

Added a couple paragraphs, took it easy on them...:boxing_smiley:

Here is what I added:

This was supposed to have been about the Clean Water Act from Day 1, but it seems a bigger agenda is on hand. I have witnessed first hand the animosity directed towards Mr. Richards for not "following the money trail"...it is astounding and incredulous to watch and read how 'esteemed' members of various boards and task forces ignore proven scientific data and alternative ways to boost our oceans' fish population while failing to address water pollution and runoff issues.

* Case in point the Laguna Beach sewer overflow from a past storm, where gallons upon gallons of untreated sewage waste flowed to the Pacific, in Laguna Beach, an area deemed 'overfished' and part of the MLPA now closed to fishing.

Prosecute the minnows while the sharks roam free...

I am proud to have Mr. Dan Richards represent my interests, and the interests of my son, instead of relying upon those who hide behind false interests.

PAL 02-23-2012 08:41 PM

Thanks everyone. Great comments!

I understand some on the legislature who are doing the bidding of HSUS and the extreme enviro groups are getting nervous. Keep 'em coming. Richards asks the tough questions. He listens to our point of view. He's one of us. Thanks for backing him.

bus kid 02-23-2012 08:51 PM

Thanks again Paul. done