Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This is a warning to all diver who steal for my hoopnet (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=15370)

wiredantz 09-30-2012 12:17 PM

This is a warning to all diver who steal for my hoopnet

I will be carrying 8 bricks tonight, if i see light on my hoopnet, this bricks will be comming down.

There is no reason for any diver to be going to hoopnet to hoopnet jacking our stuff.

ANd im also bring my my bibi gun.

not like anyone here would steal from my hoopnet, just was frustraed last night, after that diver was going through our net with his light and shut down the bite

radastaff 09-30-2012 01:01 PM

i could imagine jigging with a 7x might be fun about that time

ctfphoto 09-30-2012 01:11 PM

I was very vocal (and nice) to the divers who got near my nets, just to let them Know I was there ;)

NextBite 09-30-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredantz (Post 134809)
I will be carrying 8 bricks tonight, if i see light on my hoopnet, this bricks will be comming down.

There is no reason for any diver to be going to hoopnet to hoopnet jacking our stuff.

ANd im also bring my my bibi gun.

not like anyone here would steal from my hoopnet, just was frustraed last night, after that diver was going through our net with his light and shut down the bite

Where you hooping :p

Dannowar 09-30-2012 02:40 PM

I'm going hooping for divers.

Sdspeed 09-30-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 134820)
I'm going hooping for divers.

How about a downrigger with a 5lb weight.
'Ah sorry I was just fish'in, what were you do'in down there? "

:linesnap::D

Baja_Traveler 09-30-2012 04:06 PM

Squid jig - does wonders to a wetsuit... ;)

Tman 09-30-2012 04:28 PM

That was the worst thing about doing the openers in Cardiff...lights everywhere, zeroing in on your nets. But when they came up for air, I told them (somewhat) nicely to stay the phook away from my nets.

Don't need to worry about that now though...:ack2:

The 'real' divers, who have been doing it for years, don't need to resort to that.

seaquinn 09-30-2012 07:39 PM

how about a sabiki..... quickly jerked....

Sdspeed 09-30-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaquinn (Post 134850)

Human flesh as bait??? You maybe on to something :rolleyes:

Yakin 09-30-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdspeed (Post 134824)
How about a downrigger with a 5lb weight.
'Ah sorry I was just fish'in, what were you do'in down there? "

:linesnap::D

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaquinn (Post 134850)

I was thinking more of a rock fish jig with a 5lb weight quickly jigged

vincentek9 09-30-2012 09:43 PM

i dont think bricks will do much underwater. they arent that heavy... try a big game rod with a 16oz torpedo and several treble hooks :rolleyes:

Sdspeed 09-30-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentek9 (Post 134868)
i dont think bricks will do much underwater. they arent that heavy... try a big game rod with a 16oz torpedo and several treble hooks :rolleyes:

Plus there easier to explain why you have them on your kayak.
Bowling for divers anyone?

Yakin 09-30-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdspeed (Post 134869)
Plus there easier to explain why you have them on your kayak.
Bowling for divers anyone?

Im in!!

Chief Gunner 10-01-2012 02:13 AM

Damn; As if hooking up on a fish doesn't bring Boaters and Dogs in like Flies to Turd when we are out there fishing. Now I gotta think about Divers too.

I was going to get my Card and some hoops this week. Looks like I might have to get creative with some kind of non lethal deterant too.

It's a big Ocean out there, it's a shame some people have to act like it's a fire sale at Wally world and ruin an otherwise peaceful & enjoyable pastime.

ful-rac 10-01-2012 07:44 AM

Divers love hoopers

Im sure they love it when were around....our bait attracts the bugs which attracts divers then the divers can grab all our bugs and chase the rest away....:mad:...and then deny that they were even near our hoops....makes you think when the glow from their lights goes from hoop to hoop.....I know nobody owns the ocean, but everybody...divers, kayakers and boaters should respect each others space!

CheapPelican 10-01-2012 10:09 AM

Three words: Rock Crab Bombs

taggermike 10-01-2012 11:39 AM

First off, poaching any thing from any one is wrong. I used to free dive for bugs often befor this hoop netting mania was so big. I have hooped off yaks and skiffs as well but I still see a diver's side of things. The territorial BS from hoopers is crazy. To have your 5 hoops spread over a foot ball field sized area and concider it yours is crazy. Its the same between hoopers and hoopers. Mike

wiredantz 10-01-2012 11:56 AM

IF i see a light being flashed at my hoopnet, the rocks are comming down.

grey zone 10-01-2012 12:40 PM

Wiredantz your intentions are sad and the only thing they tell me is your lack of experience! I hope the moderators delete this thread because the only thing it's good for is stiring up the toolbox.