Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   SOLO USERS GROUP (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31667)

makobob 08-06-2017 06:19 AM

SOLO USERS GROUP

Is there any interest is starting a Solo group here in California, should be over 30 of us by the end of the year?
Or maybe a Sticky just for Solo news. We could set up Solo outings, fish reports, get togethers, coming trips, rigging just EVERYTHING SOLO. Anyone interested? Tight Lines.

MITCHELL 08-06-2017 10:44 AM

Can you put a 25hp on solo skiff.....

I was thinking you could have a14ftLivingstons catamaran skiff two and swap the motor back and forth
When you have too do a boondock launch where you can't get in with a trailer...

makobob 08-07-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 283921)
I was thinking you could have a14ftLivingstons catamaran skiff two and swap the motor back and forth
When you have too do a boondock launch where you can't get in with a trailer...

Solo's are rated to 5 hp, most still use a 6hp outboard. The Boonedox is definately a help in launching. Btw the 6 Honda pushes mine along at 16 mph. Good range on 3 gallons of fuel. Tight Lines.

sculpins4bait 08-08-2017 07:16 PM

Hey Bob do you have any pictures of yours and how you have it rigged up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makobob 08-08-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculpins4bait (Post 284074)
Hey Bob do you have any pictures of yours and how you have it rigged up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take some when I go to Baja next week, however this site says I need security tokens to post pictures.

GTboosted 08-08-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 284077)
I will take some when I go to Baja next week, however this site says I need security tokens to post pictures.

Hope you can figure it out. I've been keeping and eye on these solo skiffs. Always up for pictures

makobob 08-09-2017 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTboosted (Post 284083)
Hope you can figure it out. I've been keeping and eye on these solo skiffs. Always up for pictures

There is currently a supply and demand slow down at Solo. There are however about 5 Solo's coming in to OEX Mission Bay around the middle of Sept that are still available, get yours while you can. Tight Lines.

rossman 08-09-2017 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 284077)

Bob, that security token issue normally goes away if you log out of BWE and log back in. Or you can take the more gullible route. Fullrac was offering them for sale for $5 a piece. :rolleyes:

makobob 08-09-2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 284091)
Bob, that security token issue normally goes away if you log out of BWE and log back in. Or you can take the more gullible route. Fullrac was offering them for sale for $5 a piece. :rolleyes:

I will give that a try and if not $5.00 sounds cheap. Tight Lines and congratulations on the tuna, NOW get that wahoo and you will have a GREAT story amigo.

makobob 08-18-2017 09:46 AM

ALMOST sold out again. I told you guys TWO weeks ago there were 5 Solo Skiffs available for delivery early Sept. You snooze and you loose.

If you want a S/S for GONZAGA on the fly this might be YOUR (Domtesta27) LAST chance to get it before this years Gonzaga on the FLY. Two are already pre sold just leaving THREE available. Call OEX Mission Bay for colors. Get them NOW before it is too late.

I will have two solos there and MIGHT let you rent/borrow one. Tight Lines and REMEMBER the S/S will get you to the ISLAND in 20 minutes without you working up a sweat. ROOSTER CITY ANYONE?