Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=19084)

Drake 08-01-2013 09:10 PM

I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave

So to answer CKalldays question about the "Lack of fishing reports..." Yes, the fishing was outstanding.
You had to be there!!! Sad face, it's done and gone.

After seeing 20+ YT decked around me, and thanks to the generosity of our President gifting me one the many fish he caught early in the week. I thought I would build up some good fish karma for later use. Maybe I'll get my 50 this season.

This is one of three I released on this beautiful Wednesday morning.

Two made it up to the boat and then went right back in, while the other was being chased by a big fat dog. I thumbed the spool and popped the leader, hopefully giving the fish a fighting chance. I didn't see the dog come up with her so I'm sure she got away.

The best part was watching the faces of the 8-9 other kayaker around me as I not-so-gracefully put the fish back in the water. While I was bringing them up I said "Hey, can you get a photo, I'm going to release this one"
I'm pretty sure I heard Dannowar yell "RELEASE IT ONTO MY FU#$%ING GAME CLIP"

Oh, I love this place :the_finger:

To be honest, this was probably one of the most fun days I've had on the water. All of Lollipop had made it out, as well as some forum regulars from up north we like to keep pen-pals with. There were a few new anglers out there who seemed a bit shy, but after they realized we weren't anyone to be scared of, they warmed up to us a bit. We got some people set up with bait, showed em how to tie some hooks and overall had a great morning of laughs and camaraderie. I got to watch Jim land his first double, got to watch Matt's 8yr old son deck his first YT and got to watch Cbad Mike lose his 11th? YT :confused:.

Sometimes the laughs you have with your buddies is a greater reward than a freezer full of fish. If you can remember that, you'll never have a bad day of fishing.

Until next time, tight lines.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YciAPwe7rlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psbfeb9694.jpg

dngayan 08-01-2013 09:32 PM

Nice catch!

beef78 08-01-2013 09:43 PM

Does this mean that the Squid are gone or that the fish just stopped biting? I'll be out there regardless, but it would be good to plan ahead.

DanaPT 08-02-2013 07:37 AM

Sometimes the laughs you have with your buddies is a greater reward than a freezer full of fish. If you can remember that, you'll never have a bad day of fishing.

- words of wisdom from man who lives 8 minutes from some of the most productive waters I know of.

:notworthy:

Dan 08-02-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef78 (Post 165538)
Does this mean that the Squid are gone or that the fish just stopped biting? I'll be out there regardless, but it would be good to plan ahead.

Let's just say alternate launches north of la jolla will provide you with more elbow room and a better fishing, drive the coast highway and look for the signs.

Dirty Curti 08-02-2013 08:19 AM

Nice report. What's also nice to read in your report is how friendly and open you guys are to others who can use the help.

Well done!:cheers1::you_rock:

Lipripper92592 08-02-2013 09:44 AM

What's the feller doing in the background....looks like he is:drool5: for something...doesn't quite look like a thumbs up:D:D:D

bus kid 08-02-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lipripper92592 (Post 165565)
What's the feller doing in the background....looks like he is:drool5: for something...doesn't quite look like a thumbs up:D:D:D

Lillipoppin!

Best read so far this year. Thanks for the heads up. :cheers1:

RobFish 08-02-2013 02:25 PM

Good stuff on paying it forward.
Fishing karma is real boys and girls.

Cbad Mike 08-02-2013 03:04 PM

My good fish karma is that I released my YT sixty feet down because I heard somewhere that they don't like their picture taken and can't breath out of the water. :D
That was a fun day otw... Lots of laughs!
One of the biggest laughs was watching you get photo bombed. LOL

Deamon 08-02-2013 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lipripper92592 (Post 165565)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I'm sure he can describe his "actions"..."hand signs"..."motions" when he reads this post. That's hilarious...

silverbullet 08-02-2013 04:08 PM

HA!!! Funny to hear the story with the pics and video finally.

Good stuff.

beef78 08-02-2013 06:06 PM

yo video says private! Oh, well.

Drake 08-02-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef78 (Post 165613)
yo video says private! Oh, well.

Fixed.

To be honest its been just over a week since I've been to La Jolla. The crowds have kept me away lately. Squi can come and go in the blink of an eye.

Take what Dan said and apply it. There are "signs" everywhere.

beef78 08-02-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 165623)
Fixed.

To be honest its been just over a week since I've been to La Jolla. The crowds have kept me away lately. Squi can come and go in the blink of an eye.

Take what Dan said and apply it. There are "signs" everywhere.

I will definitely be searching for these signs. I am hoping to catch something to bring home this year.

bigdez93 08-02-2013 08:35 PM

Great post! I laughed out loud on the photo bomb!