Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   1-30 SD Bay (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28167)

JeffB 01-31-2016 02:01 PM

1-30 SD Bay

1 Attachment(s)
I took a buddy out yesterday to SI who wanted in on some of the sandbass action. We got a bit of a late start, on the water fishing around 10ish. Didn't take long and we were hooking up. The current was non-existent due to the lack of a tide swing for the day so we went to an old tech of mine. We fished SI till 1pm and boated close 20 Sandies. I asked my buddy if he wanted to try and get a Hali so we then moved over and hit NI up for about an hourand a half. We boated another 20 fish, mainly spots with a cpl nice sized Sandies. Every sandbass caught were legals with the exception of one little aggressive 8incher eating a 7" swimbait, lol! Around 2pm my wife and son came out and wanted to put around on the yaks. I down sized my baits and gave my son the little spinning set up. He caught 5 spots and a decent little sandbass in about 40 min and then called his mom over to get in on the action. She got to boat s little spotty too. Called it quits around 3pm

Around 7pm I got a wild hair up my butt to go out for lobster. So I loaded back up and hit the water. Lobstering was a disaster thanks to a cpl of seals. They were too aggressive and kept running off with my traps, so loaded them up and threw them back into my truck. I stayed out and grinder it out through the rain and wind last night and boated 30 keeper sandbass. I fished till 5am and then got blown off the water. Big wall of wind rolled in, looked like rain. Headed home wet and cold w/ a smile of satisfaction! Nothing bigger than 3.5# nothing shorter than 15" for the night trip. Over all a long successful day given the absolute worst conditions.

JeffB 01-31-2016 02:02 PM

The wife

1 Attachment(s)
Her first fish in 3yrs!

JeffB 01-31-2016 02:05 PM

Sandie

1 Attachment(s)
Here is about the average size we were catching on the Sandies.

tunaseeker 01-31-2016 02:34 PM

Nice!

Amish Ed 01-31-2016 05:29 PM

Thanks for the report. I haven't hit shelter in a couple of years. This reminds me of why I spent so much time there in the past. Hmmm, maybe this week?

dmrides 01-31-2016 06:30 PM

Nice! Way to put the fam on some fish.

I am diggin' your wife's choice in kayak foot wear!

blitzburgh 02-02-2016 07:43 AM

Nice work Jeff! There are some toad sandturds in the bay for sure.

maquinapescado 02-02-2016 11:06 AM

This is cool to see. The whole reason I went with a PA is to have room for my kid when he gets older. My wife on the other hand, she won't be touching live fish anytime soon.

Good job!

jorluivil 02-02-2016 11:14 AM

Jeff, were you also wearing Uggs?

JeffB 02-02-2016 01:27 PM

Uggggggggs

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 252649)
Jeff, were you also wearing Uggs?

You'll find me slaying 100# Bay Bass with dildo shaped swimbaits before catch me ever wearing uggs. I cherish my manhood! LMFAO!

:wsb: :jig: