Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   La Jolla 05-07-20: Fishfinder Tips and Tricks (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=35154)

chris138 05-09-2020 12:12 AM

La Jolla 05-07-20: Fishfinder Tips and Tricks

La Jolla Skunk Report

Fished La Jolla Thursday, skunked on the YT. Red tide is clearing up in places and lots of bait on the corner and the half. Looked pretty decent. Surf was contestable, Glowing Poo Barrels. Should be looking clearing up next week.

Now with the report formality out of the way, on to the good stuff. I have been playing around with the idea of longer format videos for my YouTube channel, so I made this video of Sonar Tips and Tricks, from my trip on Thursday. Check it out, and if you like it, I'd appreciate if you told a friend about it. My goal is to achieve 1000 subscribers.

Many Thanks!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0efPDp4kk4A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FISH11 05-09-2020 12:28 PM

Great share. Thanks Chris!

LEEZO 05-09-2020 12:38 PM

seen a lot of your nice catches over the years. Thanks for breaking down your sonar knowledge and techniques. very nice!

ProfessorLongArms 05-09-2020 01:59 PM

Dude that’s an awesome video! I raised an eyebrow when I saw 25 minutes, but that was super dense with info and really well done. Keep making, I’ll keep watching.

cris 05-09-2020 03:51 PM

Thanks for the educational video and report. I'll give ya a subscribe, keep em coming!

chris138 05-09-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms (Post 306701)
Dude that’s an awesome video! I raised an eyebrow when I saw 25 minutes, but that was super dense with info and really well done. Keep making, I’ll keep watching.

I had an hour of video that I whittled down to 25 minutes...it really would have been long if I caught a fish. Thanks Professor.

:jig:

ProfessorLongArms 05-10-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 306706)
I had an hour of video that I whittled down to 25 minutes...it really would have been long if I caught a fish. Thanks Professor.

:jig:

Ha! I know that one for sure. I feel like good, professional editing is like pruning a tree.... Proper cutting feels like you just went about 30% too far... but once you get a feel for it, it becomes much easier to naturally find the right proportions.

TJones 05-10-2020 03:18 PM

loved it

well done video. would have preferred to see both launching and landing in normal speed. maybe chest cam? nice job on the landing. im trying to get some tips from experts on PA's. you say " if I yard sale ", so nonchalantly. :D.

Raskal311 05-10-2020 05:21 PM

Awesome video, love this format.

chris138 05-10-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 306737)
well done video. would have preferred to see both launching and landing in normal speed. maybe chest cam? nice job on the landing. im trying to get some tips from experts on PA's. you say " if I yard sale ", so nonchalantly. :D.

I'm by no means an expert on PA. I'm used to paddle kayaks that surf well.

Thanks for the feedback though! I will try to include that in an upcoming video. All I do its time the sets at this point.

TJones 05-11-2020 05:39 AM

I got some paddling experience

even took my PA12 out to LJ and played with it when there was some big summer surf. now I got the PA 14. It feels like a beast in the surf. The PA 12 unladen in surf is not as bad as you would think. Anyways, much props on videos. I will add myself to subscribe list. hope your future videos are as well as the last ones. personally, I have had a few lowrance units so im fairly familiar with them. but, the video was real informative, especially for users who don't know the basic settings, which are many. also, your pleasant to watch. I would never be able to pull off what your doing. i'm the type of guy, people love to hate. :D.

SoCalEDC 05-11-2020 12:22 PM

Can't wait to watch when i get home from work. I've been waiting for you to post something like this for a while.