Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What's so hard? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=26969)

Unofishgood 09-06-2015 03:35 PM

What's so hard?

I don't know how people can struggle launching at county line when it's one of the easiest launches on the coast even when it's over 4 feet. Isn't patience, timing and confidence in your abilities pretty much the virtues of any and every surf launch?

TJones 09-06-2015 03:42 PM

Anyone , anyone ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unofishgood (Post 241055)
I don't know how people can struggle launching at county line when it's one of the easiest launches on the coast even when it's over 4 feet. Isn't patience, timing and confidence in your abilities pretty much the virtues of any and every surf launch?

Care to comment on this thread . :confused:.

chris138 09-06-2015 04:45 PM

Its way easier to launch than la jolla, and less sharks. People should head up to county line and forget about dirty old LJ, its all infested w sea lions and stuff. Plus there's seabass up there by malibu... and movie stars.:D

Unofishgood 09-06-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 241071)
Its way easier to launch than la jolla, and less sharks. People should head up to county line and forget about dirty old LJ, its all infested w sea lions and stuff. Plus there's seabass up there by malibu... and movie stars.:D

I find it easy but not some people I see them struggling and breaking their stuff! I always enjoy watching people flip! There's no fish either all the hammerheads take them and bump your kayak it's pretty fun.

katchfish 09-06-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unofishgood (Post 241055)

Wow!?

If i trolled like that, I'd use a wire leader.

AND keep my feet out of the water.:D

Cadillyak 09-06-2015 07:59 PM

Yup. Super easy. Can launch a PA 17 no problem. Oh wait, it's not April 1st.... My bad!

2-Stix 09-06-2015 08:04 PM

I was there today at 5:15. Watched Leo for 45 mins. Watched county for 15. Saw 4 guys get destroyed. I saw 1 yak out in the kelp at 6:30 when I left. I guess yakers are a bunch of Nancys these days. The periods were long today, it could have been done, but not my gamble. Born and raised on the water. I was not willing to gamble it. With all the investment in a nice boat and gear...no thanks. No ego I need to prop up. Where did you fish today Unofishgood? "Eddy Would Go"

radastaff 09-06-2015 09:08 PM

musta been unofishgood

bad ass

radastaff 09-06-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unofishgood (Post 241076)
I find it easy but not some people I see them struggling and breaking their stuff! I always enjoy watching people flip! There's no fish either all the hammerheads take them and bump your kayak it's pretty fun.

those people you enjoy watching
may be getting hurt
and or loosing gear

school of hard knocks and all that

not sure I would say enjoy myself
perhaps fascinated and cant look away
but prob not enjoyable

remind me not to fish with you

thanks in advance...

P

Unofishgood 09-06-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radastaff (Post 241120)
those people you enjoy watching
may be getting hurt
and or loosing gear

school of hard knocks and all that

not sure I would say enjoy myself
perhaps fascinated and cant look away
but prob not enjoyable

P

Yea I help them out if they yard sale but if it's like a really bad day I get worried but sometimes it's like 2-3 feet and super easy to time but some guys manage to go on sets and flip then end up not fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radastaff 09-06-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unofishgood (Post 241121)
Yea I help them out if they yard sale but if it's like a really bad day I get worried but sometimes it's like 2-3 feet and super easy to time but some guys manage to go on sets and flip then end up not fishing

ok then
your not all bad

maybe I would still fish with ya

*shrugs*

Unofishgood 09-06-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radastaff (Post 241122)
ok then
your not all bad

maybe I would still fish with ya

*shrugs*

I don't get why people launch with their gear up at county. I've seen so many people break their gear and lose stuff in the passed two weeks it's insane.

2-Stix 09-06-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unofishgood (Post 241123)
I don't get why people launch with their gear up at county. I've seen so many people break their gear and lose stuff in the passed two weeks it's insane.

I agree. Full tackle boxes tossed in the shore break. Broken rods. Its pretty bad. Having a surfing, fishing and diving background when I got the yak the first thing I did was have a launch system and fishing system. Its a trip how disconnected people are...but they don't know any better. Today was a perfect example. It was cranking! The guy that wanted to tag a long with me was ready to rock. I pulled the plug...to find out later it was his first day on a yak. It would not have been good.

Unofishgood 09-06-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-Stix (Post 241127)
I agree. Full tackle boxes tossed in the shore break. Broken rods. Its pretty bad. Having a surfing, fishing and diving background when I got the yak the first thing I did was have a launch system and fishing system. Its a trip how disconnected people are...but they don't know any better. Today was a perfect example. It was cranking! The guy that wanted to tag a long with me was ready to rock. I pulled the plug...to find out later it was his first day on a yak. It would not have been good.

Yea lots of guys think it's easy their first time my first time I got destroyed at county not gonna lie but I haven't flipped there in a long time. Every time I see a kayak flip I get worried that I might get hooked while surfing county. It's not hard when you have your stuff inside and that your not worried about flipping.

momo fish 09-06-2015 10:26 PM

Are we getting cocky now? I'm going to video tape your landings cause I recall one interesting video from this past summer 😉

radastaff 09-06-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momo fish (Post 241129)
Are we getting cocky now? I'm going to video tape your landings cause I recall one interesting video from this past summer ��

to be young
I knew a lot more
then I do now

Unofishgood 09-07-2015 04:21 AM

Quote:

Are we getting cocky now? I'm going to video tape your landings cause I recall one interesting video from this past summer 😉

Haha I didn't flip I fell over reaching for my hat and it was like a two foot day lol!

TJones 09-07-2015 05:25 AM

Now this

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 241071)

Is the kind of reply I was looking for . :kayak-surfer:

Unofishgood 09-07-2015 05:26 AM

Quote:

hey Mo, it's all timing. I've been launching my revolution lately looking for big fish. So far on my revolution I've done well. My yt count on my hobie isn't zero 😜 lol!

TJones 09-07-2015 05:28 AM

Keep em coming

Quote:

Originally Posted by radastaff (Post 241119)
musta been unofishgood

bad ass

:cheers1: