Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trix Jetty worms for kelp fishin (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=2994)

TXyakker 02-24-2008 09:37 AM

Trix Jetty worms for kelp fishin

So i finally decided to buy some of these after nearly every picture i see of guys fishing the LJ kelp actaully catching bass seem to have a jig hanging from their maw. You guys that fish the kelp (and catch fish), what colors would you recommend? Thanks

Casey

steamroll 02-24-2008 09:52 AM

My favorite colors include any combination of Orange, Chart, Pink and Red

fishingsolo 02-24-2008 11:37 AM

I have not found a unproductive color yet. I would sugest mixing the wieghts instead of getting all one wieght and get some curl tail and some of the flat or beaver looking tailes. They are effective at different times,ie. when its a slow bite in clear cold water i have found the beaver tail a better producer. just my 2 cents.

MVC 02-24-2008 12:32 PM

Is there a place to but them in Orange County of do you have to buy them on the internet?

steamroll 02-24-2008 12:40 PM

I'm not sure about Orange County, but I've got them in stock at OEX Oceanside

and you can always order them directly from www.trixjettyworm.com

bigderel 02-24-2008 04:33 PM

MVC, if you can come down to OEX Oceanside on March 2nd. I (with a few others) will be giving a talk on how we use the TJW in kelp and other locations. Any questions you have we'll be happy to answer, plus OEX carries them as Nate said. I'll also have an article that gives details on how I fish them personally...there will eventually be a link to the article when they update the TJW website as well. It's a good starting point for those unfamiliar with the lure.

In addition, there will be some other kick butt seminars and info that I can't wait for either, especially the talk Capt. Ron Baker will be giving on using wire with irons. He's a wealth of information as are the other speakers. Hope to see you there!

MVC 02-24-2008 06:18 PM

I wish that I could attend but I have to go to a wedding on March 2nd. Do you have any future dates planned?

bigderel 02-24-2008 07:38 PM

Steamroll will post up when future seminars are going to be, just keep an eye out. Scott (TJW maker) usually does 'em and is way more interesting than me anyway. :D PM me you email address and I'll forward you a copy of the article.

landwhale 02-24-2008 07:56 PM

MVC, I live in North Orange County (Seal Beach) shoot me a E-mail or PM. I have a selection of my own TJW's and can set you up to start, then replace them at OEX Oceanside on Saturday. I am not as well spoken as Andy (bigderel) but alot better looking.............

Steve

Margarita Mike 02-25-2008 06:45 AM

:vollkommenauf:

See ya on Sunday. Hope I can learn something, I need all the help I can get. :farmer:

Margarita