Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Year's Day: Bring Your Sack (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=1480)

Iceman 12-14-2006 10:49 AM

New Year's Day: Bring Your Sack

....as in sack-o-20-dolla..Who is gonna ring in the new year fishing La Jolla. I plan on it and would be up for a biggest fish JP.

Holy Mackerel 12-14-2006 10:54 AM

I might be in... probably in the Tandem with the little lady... :)

FISHIONADO 12-14-2006 11:14 AM

I'm probably in, did someone win last year?

aguachico 12-14-2006 11:33 AM

Yup.

lamb 12-14-2006 11:47 AM

I probably won't make it... :cry: We're big on New Years eve, hangover on Jan 1 is highly likely on my agenda.

Art, I hope you come back and play WCW 07 with your paddle bruthas and sistas. 8)

dgax65 12-14-2006 11:55 AM

What time? Who is collecting money? How late do you plan on fishing. I would also like to get over to Tidelands for Jim Sammons little get together. Just need to make some plans.

tylerdurden 12-14-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgax65
What time? Who is collecting money? How late do you plan on fishing. I would also like to get over to Tidelands...

I won't say it about fishing in the bay, I'll let someone else say it. I am in for new years. It may take me some sparks to get going though. As for what time? who knows, I think we all just showed up when we showed up last year. Last year I remember there were very few of us out on new years. I am looking to kick the year off right.

madscientist 12-14-2006 12:55 PM

http://www.moneyfactory.com/newmoney...4NoteFront.jpg

I'm in, probably with my Swedish friend Nils.

Come on Adi, fishing with a hangover is a time honored tradition. Could be worse, you could be fishing in the bay with hangover.

Better yet, just keep drinking.

Zed 12-14-2006 01:47 PM

http://birthdayexpress.speedera.net/...ages/E8523.jpg
I'm in.

Dan 12-14-2006 01:52 PM

i'm in. if i can get this eyelash out of my eye!

http://home.c2i.net/rbreiby/Anders/hangover/3.GIF

Ryan The Sealion 12-14-2006 03:46 PM

If I ain't workin I'll be there...

Corey 12-14-2006 04:11 PM

Ooooooooh, the coveted pink boa! I'll be there if I'm in town. I might be in Florida fishing with the old man. Not sure yet.

Jimm H 12-15-2006 11:30 AM

Her are the OFFICAL RULES

Rules for Art W.’s
Fishing with Iceman Money-Grab at La Jolla Competition

This is a non-IGFA sanctioned, unofficial, non-permitted, somewhat legally-suspect event between friends (and some others who think they are our friends, but really just sneaked in). There is no connection whatsoever with Andy Iceman Allen or his company, any kayak or fishing equipment manufacturer or web site, or anything else at all. All participants do so by free will, and with no future malice toward any other participants.

If asked at the beach if you are participating in this event, simply respond, “What… huh?”, and walk away looking confused.

Date: 1/1/2007
Time: Earliest Launch—5:am, weigh-in – 12 noon
Location: La Jolla Boat Launch (if you don’t know where it is, you can’t participate!)

Eligibility: You must be a member of the human race (no exceptions) and dumb enough to show up in Andy Allen’s home turf (La Jolla), and fish off a paddle-powered kayak (no motors, except with written permission of a doctor) .

Cost: $20 USD CASH (no checks, money orders, credit cards, or foreign currency)

Format: Winner take All…Biggest single fish actually caught that day in La Jolla during the time frame with rod and reel (no sharks, rays, seals, divers, previously frozen fish, PETA members, whales, crew members of a particular, unnamed Islandia half-day boat will be considered)

Special Rules:

All competitors must wear a pink feather boa at all times to be easily identified by competition officials.

Channel 71 is the official radio channel. Please pay Andy an extra $5.00 to talk on this channel for the event.

Pro-Am division—That’s right, you can fish with a real PRO! Simply spot a pro as you are fishing, and then just follow him very closely for the remainder of the event. Your catch may be considered with his in the to-be-announced Pro-Am Division. Examples of Pro’s include Marine Industry Reps such or guides such as Jim Sammons of La Jolla Kayak Fishing.
*Like an Easter Egg hunt, we have Hidden Pro’s also participating as fake amatuers… examples include Andy Iceman Allen and Brad “Mad Scientist, Todd C-Level.

Warning: Beware of Fake Pro’s: there are some that may be entered that claim to be kayakfishingprofessionals… you will not be able to enter the Pro-Am if you mistakenly follow one of these. Examples are, well, we can’t publish it here. If in doubt, ask one of the competition officials.

Do-Overs: No Do-overs… this is a one shot event!

Unclaimed Prize: Any unclaimed prize becomes the sole property of Iceman, except, if absolutely no fish are caught, then everybody will get their money back…. You must simply find And Allen.

Cash Prize: Winner with biggest fish gets all the cash. (if over $1200, it is your responsibility to report it as earnings to the IRS.) It is highly recommended that the winner buy a round of beers for all attendees immediately after receiving his prize.

No one is responsible if the winner is mugged by fellow anglers immediately following the event… we all know that it is unsafe to flash cash at the beach.

Pre-registration: Save time and launch early by registering early. Send $20 (plus $10 handling cost) to

Jimm H c/o
Metropolitan Correctional Center
200 Broadway
San Diego, CA

Razorback 12-15-2006 11:39 AM

CLASSIC JIMM.

Going out shoping for my pink boa this weekend..

:jocolor:

lamb 12-15-2006 12:36 PM

Jimmmmmmh,

I hope you'll consider playing WCW 07 with your bruthas and sistas this year. 8)

Great, it looks like BWE hosting provider put their act together and took care of their database server problem.

Public disclaimer – BWE Sanitation Dept had nothing to do with the outage.

Iceman 12-16-2006 06:26 PM

I was in OEX today, invited Brent. He has has his own time honored tradition, watching college ball with his dad, but he did throw a $50 OEX gift certificate in the pot.

DESTROYER 12-16-2006 06:55 PM

IN!

Iceman 12-16-2006 09:29 PM

Right on Matt, so are you just getting the one day license? :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

madscientist 12-17-2006 12:06 AM

It almost feels wrong to take Matt's money. Almost. 8)

MKNOTT 12-17-2006 05:45 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D