Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   O-Side harbor, again. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=13396)

kixchad 04-27-2012 11:57 AM

O-Side harbor, again.

Not much going on there, besides us customs and border patrol hiding out waiting for something, drug bust?

One plus, I thought I'd found some bait, dropped the sabiki, it came back up with 2 6" spot fins. Happened a few times.

rossman 04-27-2012 12:56 PM

Same story up in DP this morning. Been fishing there once or twice a week for 12 years and have never had any attention paid to me and this morning I was approached by the Border Patrol at he launch and stopped by both the harbor Patrol and Sheriff's Dept in the first 15 minutes on the water.

No fish either

steamroll 04-27-2012 03:45 PM

kixchad -

Check out the Artificial Reef 1.5 miles NW outside the Harbor mouth. Very good this time of year for halibut, big sand bass, sculpin and the occasional WSB

kixchad 04-27-2012 05:54 PM

I tried getting to that reef one time, using the GPS on my iPhone, didn't work so well. Ive got a new battery in the mail for my garmin rino, as soon as that's in and charged I'm headed to those reefs.

jorluivil 04-27-2012 05:57 PM

This is one of the main reasons

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/p...oat-coast.html

MALIBU – The Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday held three men suspected of being drug smugglers who authorities said were arrested at the conclusion of an ocean pursuit off the coast of Malibu.
Los Angeles County lifeguards notified the sheriff's Malibu/Lost Hills Station around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday that they had spotted a suspicious boat with possible contraband aboard about 50 feet off Latigo Beach, said sheriff's Sgt. Stephanie Shrout.

Deputies confirmed it was a panga – a kind of fishing boat that has often been used off the coast for drug and immigrant smuggling – and called the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which deployed its air and marine unit, she said.
"They intercepted the panga about two miles out at sea shortly thereafter," Shrout said, adding that agents took three men into custody.
"They are handling the investigation. I can't confirm what the payload was," she said.
The passengers could be seen tossing large bundles overboard before the boat motored away from the shore, a news camera crew reported from the scene.

I know they also found one somewhere near Portugese Bend (Palos Verdes/San Pedro) area a few months ago.

fishsouthcounty 04-27-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 116175)
The passengers could be seen tossing large bundles:sifone: overboard before the boat motored away from the shore, a news camera crew reported from the scene.

anybody have any numbers on said bundles?

jorluivil 04-27-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty (Post 116176)
anybody have any numbers on said bundles?

NOPE....in hale.......cough cough:o

DanaPT 04-27-2012 07:03 PM

medicinal. . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 116178)
NOPE....in hale.......cough cough:o

I hear it does wonders for sea-sickness.

Valek 04-27-2012 07:34 PM

kixchad

Let me know. I'll go with you.

kixchad 04-28-2012 06:09 AM

For sure. Ill pm you when I've got it set, probably next friday

Valek 04-28-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kixchad (Post 116203)
For sure. Ill pm you when I've got it set, probably next friday

Cool.

Old Man in the Sea 04-29-2012 02:52 PM

yea something going on w/ border patrol and police

There were also 3 border patrol and 12 police in a training exercise at Dana landing this morning in Mission bay...