Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thanksgiving with Rossman AGAIN (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31631)

makobob 09-16-2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 286034)
He uses a hammer and chisel and some kind of electric grinder. The rock is a come out of a local quarry and is used for patios and walkways. I think it is called "roka laya". He works fairly quickly. Something like this would take a couple days to complete. Maybe three because there is some staining involved

Gaby does AWESOME work.

buddha 09-16-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 286034)
He uses a hammer and chisel and some kind of electric grinder. The rock is a come out of a local quarry and is used for patios and walkways. I think it is called "roka laya". He works fairly quickly. Something like this would take a couple days to complete. Maybe three because there is some staining involved

Very interesting. What are the approximate dimensions of this piece? What does he charge for something like this?

rossman 10-30-2017 06:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Although I have not heard it from Makobob as yet, it looks like he will not be making the trip this year. I just wanted to assure everyone that was planning to come down that I am still planning on seeing as many as possible make it down and I'll be fishing daily and hope you all can join me.

Yesterday's catch from the tin boat.

Attachment 22581

Baja_Traveler 10-30-2017 09:05 AM

SON OF A!

Jesus - your killing me Ross...

Druko 10-30-2017 09:34 AM

I call BS! Ross has become an expert at Photo Shop....jk!

Zed 10-30-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 287501)
SON OF A...

I am.

Bob wishing the best. Cant imagine anyone more positive which is the key to healing. Youre a good role model man.

Rossman in the immortaliZed words of greggo "you suck green donkey di*$!" I bet the adrenaline was going solo with that skinny at the gunnels.

Re shopping the pix. Too bad he cant start the upload before the image is even taken much less processed.

CON KSO 10-30-2017 07:41 PM

Hey Rossman - I'm still in and counting the days!

rossman 10-31-2017 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CON KSO (Post 287525)
Hey Rossman - I'm still in and counting the days!

Excellent!

MITCHELL 10-31-2017 07:11 AM

Wow.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 287498)
Although I have not heard it from Makobob as yet, it looks like he will not be making the trip this year. I just wanted to assure everyone that was planning to come down that I am still planning on seeing as many as possible make it down and I'll be fishing daily and hope you all can join me.

Yesterday's catch from the tin boat.

Attachment 22581

How far out from shore did you have to go to get that monstafish......:you_rock:

Deamon 10-31-2017 07:59 AM

Get well Bob! Call me (left a message).

I was a rider in his truck. Now will shift gears and prob drive my truck. May have a spot or two for others. Let me know.

Jim

Druko 10-31-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 287532)
Get well Bob! Call me (left a message).

I was a rider in his truck. Now will shift gears and prob drive my truck. May have a spot or two for others. Let me know.

Jim

What are your travel days? I'm thinking of heading down again

makobob 10-31-2017 03:36 PM

Happy to sea you guys are still going to do this trip. Me I cannot go, as once again the left big toe is infected. Moore news to follow. Tight Lines amigos.

CON KSO 10-31-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 287551)
Happy to sea you guys are still going to do this trip. Me I cannot go, as once again the left big toe is infected. Moore news to follow. Tight Lines amigos.

Sorry to hear that Bob - get better, there will be more trips.

MITCHELL 11-01-2017 04:05 AM

Sorry your not feeling well Bob....

Have a speedy recovery:)

MITCHELL 11-01-2017 04:49 AM

There's was a time when my ankle had no cartilage, I wanted to cut it off....

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 287551)

But I'm glad I didn't, bone on bone, with time the pain eventually went away, now it's just numb, and I need two different sizes shoes and it causes me to walk bull legged. Affecting my hip. Falling off a roof breaking my tibia probably didn't help either.

farreola 11-01-2017 02:35 PM

Bob, I hope you are doing well. You have to stop by at the restaurant on your way back from Mako Villa.

CON KSO 11-12-2017 05:48 PM

Getting close to the kick-off day for Thanksgiving at Rossman's casita.

I'm curious about how many are still a solid "go" for this trip.

I am leaving early Saturday morning and will cross at Tecate, head through San Felipe and plan on stopping at either Gonzaga or camp at the hotsprings campground at Puertocitos.

So maybe this is a bit of a roll call... who's still in?

Druko 11-13-2017 11:33 AM

I'm in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CON KSO (Post 287948)
Getting close to the kick-off day for Thanksgiving at Rossman's casita.

I'm curious about how many are still a solid "go" for this trip.

I am leaving early Saturday morning and will cross at Tecate, head through San Felipe and plan on stopping at either Gonzaga or camp at the hotsprings campground at Puertocitos.

So maybe this is a bit of a roll call... who's still in?