Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   That moment when............. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31929)

maquinapescado 09-18-2017 05:22 PM

That moment when.............

You say, "F*****************************CK! WHERE IS MY MIRAGE DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gone like that!!

maquinapescado 09-18-2017 05:40 PM

Oh

I guess some might wonder how. I WD40'ed it and left it at the edge of my garage and some POSMFDBIWD stole it

Orca Winfrey 09-18-2017 05:50 PM

Damn. That sucks. Here in the IE, no one would know what it was and it would have been safe.

maquinapescado 09-18-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orca Winfrey (Post 286144)
Damn. That sucks. Here in the IE, no one would know what it was and it would have been safe.

I live in Fullerton across from the train station. No one knows what the F it is, trust me. That is why I am so pissed. I had a bunch of climbing gear stolen once when I was living in Long Beach. I guarantee whoever grabbed that bag opened and was like, WTF? and threw it in the trash.

jorluivil 09-18-2017 06:09 PM

Ouch!

maquinapescado 09-19-2017 09:40 AM

Happy ending

So after searching craigslist, facebook, ebay and checking the bushes around my complex.....

I ask my neighbor who is active in our HOA, do we have a lost and found list here. He says, "Yes, I have your drive. Your garage was open an it was just outside of it so I grabbed so it wouldn't get stolen."

I was super stoked, but I was also like, when the hell was he going to tell me. I was gonna go buy one today.

Crisis over. I can go get skunked tomorrow instead of today.

Reiner 09-19-2017 10:10 AM

good luck out there

Denis_Ruso 09-19-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maquinapescado (Post 286177)
"Yes, I have your drive. Your garage was open an it was just outside of it so I grabbed so it wouldn't get stolen."

Sounds like an idiot to me. I took your stuff so it wouldn't get taken. :iamwithstupid:

tacmik 09-19-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 286182)
Sounds like an idiot to me. I took your stuff so it wouldn't get taken. :iamwithstupid:

Sounds like the kind of neighbor I would like. Looking out for my stuff. Realizing it was something that could be ripped off easily.

Orca Winfrey 09-19-2017 03:57 PM

You must be relieved big time. Glad you got it back.

DanaPT 09-19-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maquinapescado (Post 286177)
So after searching craigslist, facebook, ebay and checking the bushes around my complex.....

I ask my neighbor who is active in our HOA, do we have a lost and found list here. He says, "Yes, I have your drive. Your garage was open an it was just outside of it so I grabbed so it wouldn't get stolen."

I was super stoked, but I was also like, when the hell was he going to tell me. I was gonna go buy one today.

Crisis over. I can go get skunked tomorrow instead of today.

I hope you are as fortunate on your next outing!

King Saba 09-19-2017 08:58 PM

Crisis averted. Good to hear about your positive ending. Perhaps you should load your Drive at the same time with other valuable kayak gear. I have all my stuff on a cart to load in order to avoid forgetting about my stuff.

maquinapescado 09-19-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Saba (Post 286226)
Crisis averted. Good to hear about your positive ending. Perhaps you should load your Drive at the same time with other valuable kayak gear. I have all my stuff on a cart to load in order to avoid forgetting about my stuff.

I douched it with WD40 and was just letting it drip off so I didn't stain my garage floor.

Without a doubt he had good intentions. He himself was like, "I didn't have any idea what it was. I just didn't want it stolen"

If you are at all familiar with downtown Fullerton you are well aware of how many POS's are walking around.

jorluivil 09-19-2017 10:55 PM

Wait a minute.........how many days went by between the day it was lost and the day it was returned?

tacmik 09-20-2017 10:28 AM

Looks like one day. Posted on Monday, Got it back on Tues.

jorluivil 09-20-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacmik (Post 286249)
Looks like one day. Posted on Monday, Got it back on Tues.

Still not buying it

Why not give it back the same day?

ful-rac 09-20-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 286259)
Still not buying it

Maybe......

Somebody told him to tighten up the bolts...:D

Hunters Pa 09-20-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 286259)
Still not buying it

Knocking on the door did not work? :hmmmm: