Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Islander Trip to Cortez Bank (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=5785)

FISHIONADO 08-10-2009 07:30 AM

Islander Trip to Cortez Bank

Who all is going? I hope we get into some real fish.

Matt 08-10-2009 07:45 AM

Heard the tax men have been taking their fair share!!! Make sure you aren't next to a hobie!!!:D Good Luck down there fellas I hope you slay 'em

Siebler 08-10-2009 09:53 AM

this trip should be Epic and there are still plenty of spots available so PLEASE book now. If these spots arnt filled soon the trip will likely not run.

FISHIONADO 08-10-2009 09:59 AM

I'll bring a bottle of 100% agave for the next person who signs up.

bennofish7 08-11-2009 07:01 AM

I signed up and now its like waiting for christmas... Nate promised me that we will all limit out on this trip.
BTW- any tips on tackle, rigging, etc. Will we be able to recharge our bait tank batteries on the Islander?

erinoo 08-11-2009 08:13 AM

Wish I could make this one, but to much stuff going on at work..I'm sure you guys will slay em...

FISHIONADO 08-11-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennofish7 (Post 42884)
I signed up and now its like waiting for christmas... Nate promised me that we will all limit out on this trip.
BTW- any tips on tackle, rigging, etc. Will we be able to recharge our bait tank batteries on the Islander?

I'll bring that bottle of tequila wrapped like a christmas present. :)

I'm going to bring my regular reels, Sealine30, TLD15, Avet SX and tackle to troll live bait and throw surface irons. I'll use 30lb mono for the surface iron and 65lb spectra with a short flouro leader for everything else.

No problem charging batteries on the Islander, they have 110v available in each cabin.

bennofish7 08-11-2009 02:51 PM

Thanks for the info- I guess I'll be bringing along the limes....
I'm going out to the kelp tomorrow thanks to our messed up economy. Being a state employee I now have 2 furlough days a month. Oh well, make lemonade out of lemons, they say. I say its only lemonade if you can bring home a 'tail or WSB.

DESTROYER 08-11-2009 10:22 PM

Buy some raffle tickets at the Steve Moyer Memorial and you could win that trip:cheers1:. Shane and Jon leave that night and they said that whoever wins the trip is welcomed to use it for that night. Departs around 9 or 10:)

dadandsonkayak 08-12-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 42853)
Heard the tax men have been taking their fair share!!! Make sure you aren't next to a hobie!!!:D Good Luck down there fellas I hope you slay 'em

lolz :p

FISHIONADO 08-13-2009 06:35 AM

I want this trip to happen. Next person to sign up gets a bottle of Old No. 7.

habanero 08-13-2009 06:57 AM

I remember my first Cortez trip... The days leading up to it were just like Christmas. We had to divert because of weather but we had a great time despite. I'm one of those numbers you hear about so I can't mike this trip. I have a feeling this trip is going to be the one and it makes me green with envy:ack2:

I've heard about 70# BF out in 40 fathoms, just imagine it boys! :reeling:

Good luck!

MalibuJohnny 08-13-2009 08:08 AM

#7?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHIONADO (Post 42979)
I want this trip to happen. Next person to sign up gets a bottle of Old No. 7.

When is this trip planned...I haven't been paying attention...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

FISHIONADO 08-13-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalibuJohnny (Post 42986)
When is this trip planned...I haven't been paying attention...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Departing Sat Sep-12 at 10:00pm
Returning Tue Sep-15 at 8:00am

No problem participating in the Moyer Tourney with plenty of time to get to the boat that evening then sleep while underway.

:jig::yt::yt::yt::yt:

FISHIONADO 08-16-2009 09:31 PM

I hope a few more people sign up soon so this trip isn't canceled. These are tough economic times but how often do you get to kayak fish 100+ miles offshore? Bluefin tuna have been reported out there recently, it could be an epic mothership adventure.

http://www.wonews.com/t-SCSaltReport...nk-080709.aspx

bennofish7 08-17-2009 06:32 AM

Hey OEX- give us a status report. Do we have enough people yet?

MalibuJohnny 08-17-2009 08:07 AM

Planning to make it`

Man, I am itching to go...Hope that the project get done before then.

Anyone out there who is in construction need some work? No really! I have to finish a deck and covered patio by September. My WONDERFUL wife is planning her birthday party and I can’t do this by my self!

Really, if you got skills…and can help me (OR) build this…ring me up!<O:p</O:p
<O:p
300 S’ft deck with 12’ X 12’ covered section.

I want to go fishing!<O:p
<O:p

AndSan 08-18-2009 11:59 AM

damn im gonna be out in 29 palms for pre deployment training, i really wanted to get out on one of these before i head to afghan. well good luck guys! when i get back i will be all over these trips!

FISHIONADO 08-18-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndSan (Post 43201)
damn im gonna be out in 29 palms for pre deployment training, i really wanted to get out on one of these before i head to afghan. well good luck guys! when i get back i will be all over these trips!

If you can make it the beers and shots are on me. Thanks for serving our country in Bumfukistan, we really do appreciate you guys!

dorado50 08-18-2009 12:37 PM

More importantly good luck to you! Thanks for protecting me and this country. When you get back, I would like to fish with you here in LJ or on a mothership,my treat, alittle something to say thanks.:you_rock: