Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sick Deal of Food Saver (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8932)

Nic D 12-15-2010 07:10 PM

Sick Deal of Food Saver

go here : http://www.foodsaver.com/Category.as...FSFSSL2222-015

and enter: L0FV70A discount at checkout.

turns a $79 foodsaver to a $24 one.

Fiskadoro 12-15-2010 07:48 PM

Thanks for that one...

I went ahead and purchased one.

Direct from Foodsaver, one year warranty.

FoodSaver® V2222 Vacuum Sealer Kit

Sub-Total:
$24.00
Shipping & Handling (Standard S&H):
$0.00
Estimated Tax (11.75%):
$2.82
Order Total:
$26.82

Can't beat that!!!

Jim

old_rookie 12-15-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamarack Studios (Post 71039)
go here : http://www.foodsaver.com/Category.as...FSFSSL2222-015

and enter: L0FV70A discount at checkout.

turns a $79 foodsaver to a $24 one.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Ordered one. But tax for me is 8.75% - where you at Jim?

Billy V 12-15-2010 08:14 PM

They make a good product.
I got the V2460 on a special deal through Penn for $15.95 delivered to the door. - Its $150 on Amazon.

http://www.v2460.com/foodsaver-v2460-vacuum-sealer/
Seals up fish good.

GregAndrew 12-15-2010 08:27 PM

Friggin awesome!!! Just ordered mine. Thanks.

dsafety 12-15-2010 08:35 PM

Foodsaver is in the razor blade business. They give away the device and charge through the nose for the bags. They make a good unit however. I have one but have run out of bags. If someone finds a deal on those that would be great news.

Bob

Billy V 12-15-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsafety (Post 71052)
Foodsaver is in the razor blade business. They give away the device and charge through the nose for the bags. They make a good unit however. I have one but have run out of bags. If someone finds a deal on those that would be great news.

Bob

Costco sells them.

wavster 12-15-2010 10:40 PM

Thanks TS - ordered one tonight. Good deal.

griffsd06 12-15-2010 11:45 PM

Thanks!

As they say in the old country..."good deal eh?"
Gracias for the tip

j mo 12-16-2010 07:15 AM

I love my saver!

You can re use the bags, just leave your self a little extra room. They clean out easily.

Ive found the bags on ebay for the best price; but if youre willing to do a little extra work the roll is the most economical way to go

Big J 12-16-2010 08:49 AM

Thanks for the tip! Just ordered one.

I have been looking at getting one for the past year or so.

This is an excellent Deal!

$26.10 out the door.

Neal

old_rookie 12-16-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 71056)
Costco sells them.

Oh good. I was wonder what to do when I run out of the included supply.

peguinpower 12-16-2010 09:11 AM

Thanks! I got one. My last one crapped out.

I buy my bags off Amazon. Generics are so much cheaper.

krmaxima 12-16-2010 09:46 AM

just ordered mine thanks for the tip

roby 12-16-2010 11:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up...bought one.

Lets_Fish 12-17-2010 06:58 AM

Just ordered 2 of them for $52.20, not a bad deal at all. Thanks for sharing!

T-Rex 12-17-2010 10:21 AM

Thanks for the heads up on a great deal. Just ordered one. Now I just gotta catch some :wsb: or :yt: and put it to use.

Lets_Fish 12-19-2010 07:40 AM

Just a quick heads up on this as they are now "Out of Stock" on this item.

Sloberdog 12-24-2010 09:30 AM

Food Saver delievered and results

Jumped on the deal myself, thanks for the post. After ordering it, I searched for reviews...should have done this before ordering, and the reviews on this specific machine are horrible. I figured, for $27, oh well, maybe mine will work properly.

Just a few minutes ago, UPS hands me my Food Saver. I quickly open it and try it. Figuring out how it worked, but took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn it on. But in a nutshell, you need to twist the locking gray lever down by pushing it down until it locks.

First attempt, tried a hamburger bun, after running for a longer than what you would expect, the results were 100% disappointing. Not only did it barely vacuum any of the air, the seal did not work. 2nd try, got only slightly better vacuum and a good seal. Still not happy, attempt 3, I pushed down on the lid of the food saver while it was running and got an excellent vacuum, but soon I lost the vacuum because of the poor seal. 4th attempt, different burger bun, repeated the steps in attempt 3, then, unlocked the lever and slightly lifted the lid, locked it again, and then pressed "seal" again. Finally, got a great vacuum and a good double safety seal.

Final Verdict: $27 was a good deal if you are willing to push on the food saver while running and make the effort to seal it 2x. I will be keeping my $27 Food Saver.

:cheers1:

steveooo 12-24-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloberdog (Post 71652)
Jumped on the deal myself, thanks for the post. After ordering it, I searched for reviews...should have done this before ordering, and the reviews on this specific machine are horrible. I figured, for $27, oh well, maybe mine will work properly.

Just a few minutes ago, UPS hands me my Food Saver. I quickly open it and try it. Figuring out how it worked, but took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn it on. But in a nutshell, you need to twist the locking gray lever down by pushing it down until it locks.

First attempt, tried a hamburger bun, after running for a longer than what you would expect, the results were 100% disappointing. Not only did it barely vacuum any of the air, the seal did not work. 2nd try, got only slightly better vacuum and a good seal. Still not happy, attempt 3, I pushed down on the lid of the food saver while it was running and got an excellent vacuum, but soon I lost the vacuum because of the poor seal. 4th attempt, different burger bun, repeated the steps in attempt 3, then, unlocked the lever and slightly lifted the lid, locked it again, and then pressed "seal" again. Finally, got a great vacuum and a good double safety seal.

Final Verdict: $27 was a good deal if you are willing to push on the food saver while running and make the effort to seal it 2x. I will be keeping my $27 Food Saver.

:cheers1:

Bummer. You may have gotten a dud. After reading your review, I opened up mine to test it out. Good vacuum & good seal on the first try, right out of the box- without having to hold it down. Plus for the price, it was the perfect replacement for my other foodsaver that is on it's last leg. I keep contemplating buying one of those more expensive commercial units from Cabelas, but I don't really catch enough fish to justify that right now...

Thanks for the heads up St. Nic :cheers1:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r/P1010052.jpg