Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thanksgiving ROSSMAN in ASUNCION (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28913)

makobob 04-25-2016 02:43 PM

Thanksgiving ROSSMAN in ASUNCION

ASUNCION with ROSSMAN 21 Nov thru 2 December. To fish from Asuncion to Punta Eugenia. To include Punta Quebrada, Punta Eugenia, Asuncion and???????? Bucket List ANYONE?
Turkey in Asuncion.

Anglers are:

CONFIRMED Makobob
CONFIRMED Buddha

buddha 04-25-2016 03:04 PM

I'm in as always.

makobob 04-25-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 259639)
I'm in as always.

You have made every one to Asuncion, you cooking the Turkey again?

Deamon 04-25-2016 03:31 PM

SHEET...I'm in. Jim

makobob 04-25-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 259645)
SHEET...I'm in. Jim

WORK hard, Play hard, Fish hard, Live hard!!!!

romspacenut 04-25-2016 04:02 PM

I'm in!

buddha 04-26-2016 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 259644)
You have made every one to Asuncion, you cooking the Turkey again?

Of course.

svendawg 04-26-2016 05:33 AM

In

Put me down with Jorgen (cookie monster) and Bear

EastLosYaker 04-26-2016 06:25 AM

Sorry Gents, I'm going to have to sit this one out. I will be in Mexico City to watch my Raiders play MNF in Estadio Azteca.

Dannowar 04-26-2016 07:05 AM

Count me in

paddle man 04-26-2016 10:28 AM

prety sure

BOB PRETY SURE I'M IN ON THIS AND MAG BAY TRIP LEAVING FOR B.C. NEXT WEEK WON.T BE BACK UNTIL MID JULY

makobob 04-26-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddle man (Post 259701)
BOB PRETY SURE I'M IN ON THIS AND MAG BAY TRIP LEAVING FOR B.C. NEXT WEEK WON.T BE BACK UNTIL MID JULY

OK but are you peddling yet? Have a good trip amigo.

farreola 04-26-2016 10:52 AM

I'm planning on going to that game too.

makobob 07-06-2016 12:02 PM

ONCE again guy's, it is time to CONFIRM. Post here so I can get the logistics worked out, Jim you riding with me? REMEMBER guys this is THANKSGIVING for Rossman, so it turns into a RESUPPLY run for him so please contact him to see what he might need. And Nico might like some AMERICAN dog food for a change too. Tight Lines.

Deamon 07-06-2016 01:12 PM

Sheet...I'm OUT. Jim

makobob 07-06-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 264719)
Sheet...I'm OUT. Jim

Bummer that.

makobob 07-23-2016 03:37 PM

Getting closer, I need to get things together for this trip. YOU need to confirm, Jeff you want me to bring the Davey Crockett Smoker/Grill??? I've got two pizza stones for it. Did flacky biscuits with it this last trip, had them with pulled pork, sweet. Next trip I will try smoked fish. Tight Lines.

flyfishinsteve64 07-24-2016 12:53 AM

Thinking about it. I have nov. 26 thru dec. 2 off. It would be a good trip before Mag Bay. We are still going to mag bay right? Bahia Asuncion is my favorite place in Baja. Don't worry about me. I will do my own thing. Kayak Fishin?

Steve

makobob 07-24-2016 08:24 AM

Thanksgiving is Asuncion, Punta Quebrada, Punta Eugenia, we will be visiting Rossman for turkey in Asuncion.
Mag Bay will be after new years. It is two days driving EACH way to do Mag Bay. As of now, I plan on doing NEW YEARS in GONZAGA, then leaving early on the second for Mag Bay FROM Gonzaga. Drive to chapala then south thru Guerra Negro on to Mag Bay, fish hard for a week or so then back home. You guys can come down to my place OR meet me at Chapala on the mouning of the second. From my place to Chapala is about 1.5 hours, did it last week, dirt road is about 25 miles an in fair shape. Tight Lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfishinsteve64 (Post 265950)
Thinking about it. I have nov. 26 thru dec. 2 off. It would be a good trip before Mag Bay. We are still going to mag bay right? Bahia Asuncion is my favorite place in Baja. Don't worry about me. I will do my own thing. Kayak Fishin?

Steve

flyfishinsteve64 07-24-2016 09:31 AM

Ok Bob,
the Nov. 21 thru Dec. 2 trip sounds like a trip I would like to do but that may take me out of Mag bay but we will see. Depends on how much vacation time I can build up. Checking with the wife right now via text but I don't see missing thanksgiving being a problem. 99% sure I'm in.

Steve

flyfishinsteve64 07-24-2016 09:34 AM

Any other fly fishermen?

flyfishinsteve64 07-24-2016 10:48 AM

Negotiations in progress. Forgot about a 50th wedding anniversary party we are to throw the day after thanksgiving at my house , oops.

I think the wife can handle it but we will see. I'm not used the this negotiation stuff. Its usually ok go. She's not happy about it but I don't give up easy.

Steve

flyfishinsteve64 07-24-2016 12:42 PM

I'm In :-)

rossman 07-24-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfishinsteve64 (Post 265981)
I'm In :-)

Not a bad outcome after only 2 hours of negotiations. Keep your head on a swivel because it could be a trick.

rossman 07-24-2016 04:58 PM

So how does it look Svendawg? You think you can make it again this year or will you be ensconced in Razorback nation by then? Here's your homework assignment. Work on these three phrases. "Y'all", "Oooooooo doggie" and "How bout dem hogs". Learn them and you will have no problems adjusting. Hope to see you soon.

makobob 09-05-2016 03:32 PM

Just a couple months off, start making your final plans NOW. You will not want to miss this one. BIG Yellows, Halibut, bonita, sheepies, and world class Calicos not to mention corvina and spot fin under the moon. This trip always provides GREAT fishing, good food and friendship. We do Turkey in Asuncion before we explore. Tight Lines.

paddle man 09-05-2016 04:16 PM

BOB NOT SURE YET

BOB NOT SURE WE BOOKED A 28 DAY CRUISE MID OCT TO NOV 17

YES I HAVE NEW P.A. 12 BUT I THINK IT'S TO MUCH KAYAK FOR ME SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH OUTBACK O WELL ONLY HAD IT OUT 2 TIMES

makobob 09-05-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddle man (Post 268507)
BOB NOT SURE WE BOOKED A 28 DAY CRUISE MID OCT TO NOV 17

YES I HAVE NEW P.A. 12 BUT I THINK IT'S TO MUCH KAYAK FOR ME SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH OUTBACK O WELL ONLY HAD IT OUT 2 TIMES

Please keep me in the loop. Tight lines and congrats on the Hobie.

makobob 10-05-2016 09:03 PM

Thanksgiving with Rossman in Asuncion, 21 November to 2 December. Open Trip. We will fish Asuncion with our guide Ross then after thanksgiving we will head out for Punta Quebrada and Punta Eugenia for some end of the year Yellows. Calicos come here to DIE, and we get halibut, corvina and croaker from the surf too.
So far it is just :::

Makobob
Buddha

makobob 10-09-2016 09:19 AM

Time to CONFIRM for this trip, so far it is just Buddha and me, so lot's of space for a few more fishermen. We fished punta Quebrada last year and it was good, this year we will add punta Eugenia which Ross nas fished with success. If you are coming on this trip please CONFIRM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 270185)
Thanksgiving with Rossman in Asuncion, 21 November to 2 December. Open Trip. We will fish Asuncion with our guide Ross then after thanksgiving we will head out for Punta Quebrada and Punta Eugenia for some end of the year Yellows. Calicos come here to DIE, and we get halibut, corvina and croaker from the surf too.
So far it is just :::

Makobob
Buddha

Gr8fuldude 10-10-2016 08:21 PM

Roberto it looks like I am taking my wife and four year old daughter into the heart of Baja over Thanksgiving week! Holy moley me oh my!! My daughter loves Mexico and can't wait for the trip (this will be her third trip to Mexico this year). Did I mention she speaks Spanish????

So the question is, can I crash the Asuncion party with my two girls? We have camping stuff/tent, etc if there isn't any room in Rossman's pad. We could make it to Asuncion by Monday night, and then leave Friday morning for the return trip. That would give me three days of fishing, and a chance to meet the living legend that is Rossman, inspiration to Gringos far and wide.

Really looking forward to seeing about pulling this off, nos espera la aventura, amigo!!!!!!! (Adventure awaits us, amigo :) )

makobob 10-10-2016 09:38 PM

AWESOME, come on down and WELCOME aboard. WE will talk at Gonzaga next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude (Post 270391)
Roberto it looks like I am taking my wife and four year old daughter into the heart of Baja over Thanksgiving week! Holy moley me oh my!! My daughter loves Mexico and can't wait for the trip (this will be her third trip to Mexico this year). Did I mention she speaks Spanish????

So the question is, can I crash the Asuncion party with my two girls? We have camping stuff/tent, etc if there isn't any room in Rossman's pad. We could make it to Asuncion by Monday night, and then leave Friday morning for the return trip. That would give me three days of fishing, and a chance to meet the living legend that is Rossman, inspiration to Gringos far and wide.

Really looking forward to seeing about pulling this off, nos espera la aventura, amigo!!!!!!! (Adventure awaits us, amigo :) )

PapaDave 10-11-2016 12:47 PM

Would a PA17 be too big for the trip?

makobob 10-11-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDave (Post 270429)
Would a PA17 be too big for the trip?

I think it would be fine, how do you carry it? It should be a great stable platform. Sure would be better with two, faster too. Launching and landing should be fine as they are normally protected. Wheeleze cart would help as it can be a couple hundred feet to launches sometimes. Hope you can make it, please let me know if you need other information. Tight Lines.

makobob 10-16-2016 12:01 PM

Just over a MONTH to go. Jeff and I are going for sure, Paul and famliy will probabally join us i Asuncion for a few days, invitation still open. We will finalize this trip when I return from Gonzaga at the end of this month. Tight lines. And Happy Holidays.

Dantheman 10-24-2016 08:44 PM

Hi All, interested in making this trip but looking for more information. Where do you stay, what are conditions like, tackle, any other recommendations for making the trip? Is there a previous thread where i can read up on the info? New to kayak fishing but i like an adventure.

buddha 10-25-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantheman (Post 271069)
Hi All, interested in making this trip but looking for more information. Where do you stay, what are conditions like, tackle, any other recommendations for making the trip? Is there a previous thread where i can read up on the info? New to kayak fishing but i like an adventure.

We are staying at our friend Rossman's place who lives down there. There is a boat launch where it is protected and all the other launches are easy. Tackle is usually megabaits and Salas 6x junior yo yo irons. Do a search on Bahia Asuncion here and you should find the threads.

buddha 10-25-2016 01:55 PM

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...bahia+asuncion

buddha 10-25-2016 02:04 PM

Here is the first baja trip that we took to Bahia Asuncion.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...light=asuncion

Deamon 10-25-2016 02:21 PM

Not going this year's gonna hurt...:(

Jim