Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Good news for hoop netters... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25819)

Saba Slayer 06-10-2015 01:49 PM

Good news for hoop netters...

The F&G Commission held their meeting up in Mammoth today. On the agenda was a discussion of the new proposed Lobster regulations.
The Department is behind schedule due to the Refugio oil spill...we all know that is BS and it's really due to the loss of two key personal that quit due to the politics involved...so...the enforcement of any new regs will not happen until the 2017/18 season.
Two LAC consensus recommendations are not being pushed forward...they are the power puller handicap restriction and a phase in time for the new commercial trap limits.
All other LAC consensus items are being pushed forward and will be presented in the regulation package that the Commission approves at their December meeting in San Diego.
The proposed ban on conical nets WILL NOT be considered as part of the regulatory package.

PAL 06-10-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba Slayer (Post 230092)
The F&G Commission held their meeting up in Mammoth today. On the agenda was a discussion of the new proposed Lobster regulations.
The Department is behind schedule due to the Refugio oil spill...we all know that is BS and it's really due to the loss of two key personal that quit due to the politics involved...so...the enforcement of any new regs will not happen until the 2017/18 season.
Two LAC consensus recommendations are not being pushed forward...they are the power puller handicap restriction and a phase in time for the new commercial trap limits.
All other LAC consensus items are being pushed forward and will be presented in the regulation package that the Commission approves at their December meeting in San Diego.
The proposed ban on conical nets WILL NOT be considered as part of the regulatory package.

Jim, thanks for the hundreds of hours you've put into representing recreational hoop netters. Great work on your part, whatever the outcome, although if I read you correctly, looking good. I hope you're getting some well-deserved R&R, maybe some June bugs.

jorluivil 06-10-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAL (Post 230093)
Jim, thanks for the hundreds of hours you've put into representing recreational hoop netters. Great work on your part, whatever the outcome, although if I read you correctly, looking good. I hope you're getting some well-deserved R&R, maybe some June bugs.

X2

blitzburgh 06-10-2015 02:25 PM

Great news Jim. Thanks for all you do!

Deamon 06-10-2015 02:40 PM

Awesome update Jim, thank you!

I'm thinking ice cold beers and a June Lake crawfish boil going on up there? Jim

tunaseeker 06-10-2015 08:16 PM

Thank you Jim for your commitment to the recreational hooping community!
You are the man!
:cheers1:

mclanea 06-10-2015 08:22 PM

Thank you.

farmer 06-11-2015 06:47 AM

thanks for the info Jim

ful-rac 06-11-2015 06:57 AM

That's good to know!

Where are those crawdads already!

kayakfisherman 06-11-2015 08:20 AM

Thanks Jim!! We all appreciate your work.

Mahigeer 06-11-2015 09:13 AM

Thanks for all of your work on behalf of anglers.

Regards,

Hashem

TroutBum 06-11-2015 11:32 AM

Thanks Jim! Good to know!

Saba Slayer 06-12-2015 09:30 AM

THANKS

Thanks for all the kudos guys....after all I've done to popularize hoopnetting, I feel it's the least I can do to protect the resource and the hoop netter's rights!
Jim, Pal, and Tony the Fishing and Crawdad (June Bugs) report is on the "kayak fishing reports" pages.