Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   20 May mako-ville final update (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=32934)

makobob 05-14-2018 01:43 PM

20 May mako-ville final update

Robert Moore aka Makobob
Baja trip update. I will be at Johnnys Shell Station in El Cajon at 3:45 am on the 20th. For those meeting there we LEAVE at 4 am sharp. We need to be at the AM/PM in Calixico at 5:45. From there it is cross the border, get FFM's and on into San Felipe for fuel and breakfast at Los Poblanos between 8-9 and then on into mako-ville arriving in camp around 11am.

Kai, AKA Baja_Traveler will be doing Pulled Pork in camp the first night. The weather patterns ARE NOT normal this year. The winds are higher at night this spring. Day time temps mid to high 80's. Daytime winds 5-8 Night time 10-12, so we should have no problems getting out.

Appears the yellowtail, and sierra are still going on the chew and the corvina too. Last week yellows were in the 10-15 pound range. Remember your sunscreen, and long sleeve clothing. No fun getting BURNT the first day of your trip. Tight Lines amigos.

Dannowar 05-15-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 293243)
Robert Moore aka Makobob

Baja trip update. I will be at Johnnys Shell Station in El Cajon at 3:45 am on the 20th. For those meeting there we LEAVE at 4 am sharp. We need to be at the AM/PM in Calixico at 5:45. From there it is cross the border, get FFM's and on into San Felipe for fuel and breakfast at Los Poblanos between 8-9 and then on into mako-ville arriving in camp around 11am.

Kai, AKA Baja_Traveler will be doing Pulled Pork in camp the first night. The weather patterns ARE NOT normal this year. The winds are higher at night this spring. Day time temps mid to high 80's. Daytime winds 5-8 Night time 10-12, so we should have no problems getting out.

Appears the yellowtail, and sierra are still going on the chew and the corvina too. Last week yellows were in the 10-15 pound range. Remember your sunscreen, and long sleeve clothing. No fun getting BURNT the first day of your trip. Tight Lines amigos.

The winds are trending west which makes for smooth seas. Been absolutely gorgeous for the last couple day. Bob is right. Lotta yellows. I'll leave you guys some dinner in the freezer [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MITCHELL 05-15-2018 12:44 PM

515 magnolia ave

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 293243)
Robert Moore aka Makobob

By the 67 right....

makobob 05-15-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 293271)
By the 67 right....

515 N Magnolia Ave.

ProfessorLongArms 05-15-2018 04:20 PM

Almost 6 mos later, I'm so glad to see you're headed back home.

I'm half tempted to ditch out on all of my responsibilities this month, but I'll be patient for October :)

Thank you so much for putting something so wonderful together, and I look forward to seeing you down there in the fall.

Tight Lines, everybody!

makobob 05-16-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms (Post 293289)
Almost 6 mos later, I'm so glad to see you're headed back home.

I'm half tempted to ditch out on all of my responsibilities this month, but I'll be patient for October :)

Thank you so much for putting something so wonderful together, and I look forward to seeing you down there in the fall.

Tight Lines, everybody!

Thank you, sea you in October amigo.