Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Forum problems - 10/17/2011 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=11697)

lambadmin 10-17-2011 05:21 PM

Forum problems - 10/17/2011

We owe you an update:

We did a round of updates this past Saturday, but stopped short of upgrading to the latest version of forum software - the server BWE was on didn't meet the requirements for PHP and database versions.

We had scheduled move with our hosting provider to move the site to the new server today - the newer/better/faster server with all required platform versions in check. The server move happened today, but there was a problem with the database migration, and the forum was down for the past 2 hours. We ended up manually restoring the database, and we got back in business.

Heads up: it is possible that some recent posts right before the server move today were lost - sorry, no way to get them back; you'll have to re-post.

Now that we're on the new server, another round of upgrades will be scheduled. We'll keep you posted.

All of this is in effort to tighten the ship and be able to fight spammers more affectively. Thanks for your patience while we're working through it.

Please post here if you notice any functionality problems, we'll address.

toby 10-17-2011 05:35 PM

Thanks for all your efforts Lamb!

Toby

yani 10-17-2011 05:39 PM

Does this update include using newer pics
from recent years on the homepage???

How many times do I have to look at you and those
stinking butts???::notworthy:

RK 10-17-2011 05:40 PM

Hopefully you guys will all repost the poll that about timely reports...... That sure was excting......:rolleyes:

Sidenote: Thanks to Adi and All the dudes that keep the addiction fed we al really appreciate it (Adi never met you but thanks)

lambadmin 10-17-2011 05:47 PM

:)

Yani, you're talking! I will be posting up a call for everyone to upload their fish pics in their BWE gallery, so we can update the rotating images on the front page.

Thanks RK and all. I'm sure we'll meet on the water eventually. Jasmin told me you're a cool dood - that does it for me.

dsafety 10-17-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toby (Post 98059)
Thanks for all your efforts Lamb!

Toby

X2+

Bob

The Kid 10-17-2011 06:46 PM

Is it me or does the forum seem really fast now. Whatever you guys did thank you so much for all of your hard work. You've made a sport into an addiction!:you_rock:

wiredantz 10-17-2011 06:55 PM

:luxhello: Thanks for the hard work guys!

bellcon 10-17-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambadmin (Post 98057)
We owe you an update:
Heads up: it is possible that some recent posts right before the server move today were lost - sorry, no way to get them back; you'll have to re-post.

That explains it,
I wondered what happen to the post about the wide open Yellowtail / WSB / Halibut bite...I thought the writer of that post might have had second thoughts... Probably better that it's gone!

Thanks for all you do to keep the site up and running
:cheers1:

GregAndrew 10-17-2011 08:24 PM

Thx Adi. Now can you tell me how you imbeded the link in my post. Still not quite up to speed on working these forum thingys.

Iceman 10-18-2011 07:57 AM

Greg,

after you load on u tube it has a tab that says "share" then you have "e mail" or "embed"

Just cut and paste the latter.......here is a little "good morning, coffee sipping, should have never sold my Marshall stack" tune-age.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/req-oDf2ZRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Handymansd 10-18-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 98117)
Greg,

after you load on u tube it has a tab that says "share" then you have "e mail" or "embed"

Just cut and paste the latter.......here is a little "good morning, coffee sipping, should have never sold my Marshall stack" tune-age.

Man what a great 80's band, and one of the greatest underrated guitarists Wolf Hoffmann has not lost his touch, and shit he was old when they first started, in like 1976 or so!