Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   First Kayak (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12352)

rlwhite01 01-11-2012 07:42 PM

First Kayak

YEAH!!!! I just picked up my first Kayak. I'm stoked to get started and slam some fish. Any one have any general tips for a nube?:reel:

The Kid 01-11-2012 08:49 PM

Get ready for the addiction!

I wonder what kind of boat you have? Great to meet you Richard and be sure not to post threads with baby threshers. :biggrinjester:

StinkyMatt 01-11-2012 09:08 PM

Welcome!

Where are you?
Where do you fish? Want to fish?
Post a little something before you plan on going out and people will meet up with you.

Tight lines.

Enceladus 01-11-2012 09:17 PM

I know how you feel! I just got my 1st kayak, too. Just to get a feel for my Hobie Outback I took it to Corona lake and caught a 4 1/2 trout. I'll be out in the big water by spring.

jorluivil 01-11-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkyMatt (Post 104813)
Welcome!

Where are you?
Where do you fish? Want to fish?
Post a little something before you plan on going out and people will meet up with you.

Tight lines.

Whatever you do don't give Matt any information....trust me:D

mtnbykr2 01-12-2012 06:31 AM

welcome to the addiction...
DP saturday and sunday if you are available...:reel:

driftwood 01-12-2012 12:39 PM

congratulations on your first kayak!!

The MLPA now hates you and the DFG wants to get you and arrest you.
And if the DFG does not take your stuff away the thieves that saw you park and hide your keys under your car will ransack you!

Other than that, it should be alot of fun.

JOSER85 01-12-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 104848)

And if the DFG does not take your stuff away the thieves that saw you park and hide your keys under your car will ransack you!

I think i'm going to sell my kayak now:D lol

mtnbykr2 01-12-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 104848)

SSShhh...don't scare the new guys....
Just don't let anyone put a "pink sticker" on your yak, and if you see them doing such a thing make sure you get video of it...new members are responsible for the entertainment....:D oh and the donuts at the launch...Matt likes the maple bars...lol congrats on the new yak and to the addiction:reeling:

Amish Ed 01-12-2012 09:44 PM

General tips for newbs? Play it safe a launch in a bay or lake the first time or two. As soon as you can practice self rescue. Give up some info like what yak you have and where you plan on fishing and what your target is and you'll get more answers. As has already been said, welcome to the addiction.

Jonesyak 01-16-2012 07:33 AM

Just got my first yak too. First I went down and practiced launching and landing in La Jolla in light surf without any fishing gear. Once I was confortable I loaded up a bit of gear and got used to moving around the yak grabing and moving things pretty close to shore.