Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   SAVE CALIFORNIA FISHING (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12186)

bellcon 12-21-2011 09:14 AM

SAVE CALIFORNIA FISHING

SAVE CALIFORNIA FISHING

I joined to make my donations a no brainer every month.

PLEASE Join here:
http://www.savecafishing.org/

I think this is a great idea,
If we get just 2% of California anglers to donate on a monthly basis, can you imagine the impact?

The enviro wackos have the $ and they used it to kick us in the nuts.
This can be the start of something big.

I wrote letters, attended meetings and donated money.
To be honest, donating cash was always the easiest for me.
I HATED being in the same room with some of those "other people"

Over at bloodydecks they are putting the logo on the sig line of all those who donate, and they have some big plans for 2012.

A few of us here have already signed up and put the logos on our sig line.

This is also a great opportunity for all the new guys who didn't have the pleasure of joining us at those fun meetings, and really have no idea how hard we fought for the precious fishing grounds we have left.

As bad as we got fugged, it would have been a lot worse if we didnt fight like we did.

This idea could make a big difference in the continuing MLPA battle and the in the future assaults against our right to fish. (Because there will be more...The wacko "stop fishing crowd" are far from done)

So
Kayak fishing's not cheap, and to me the right to fish is just about priceless!

Thanks
Don

yakrider 12-21-2011 09:29 AM

done! silver

mtnbykr2 12-21-2011 09:53 AM

Everyone on this board should sign on...we need all the help we can get...this whole thing is just unbelievable...have to get home and do this tonight, thanks for the info, I was wondering where the new logo came from:reel:

theluckypig 12-21-2011 03:35 PM

i'm in :D

bus kid 12-21-2011 04:49 PM

done.
:arne1: :arne1: :arne1: :arne1:

GregAndrew 12-21-2011 05:44 PM

Done, Gold.

Billy V 12-22-2011 10:33 PM

This is the most important contribution you can make toward fighting the mlpa.

We need this movement to take off. Please sign up for reoccurring monthly donations.

There is strength in numbers, and we definitely have that.

jorluivil 12-23-2011 02:30 AM

paypal'd my payment and setup for monthly payment to pay for non-mlpa!!!

mtnbykr2 12-23-2011 08:28 AM

done...where do I get my logo and how do you put it on the screen?:reel:

Socalrobt 12-23-2011 08:47 AM

Done deal.

WahooUSMA 12-23-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 (Post 103209)
done...where do I get my logo and how do you put it on the screen?:reel:

Jason at BD is handling for BD members. I shot him an email yesterday and advised him to do the same for BWE members.

Here is his email. Drop him a note and maybe they can do the same for BWE subscribers.

jason@bdoutdoors.com

GregAndrew 12-23-2011 02:07 PM

Thought I was Gold, but now I see that is Silver?

jorluivil 12-23-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WahooUSMA (Post 103217)
Jason at BD is handling for BD members. I shot him an email yesterday and advised him to do the same for BWE members.

Here is his email. Drop him a note and maybe they can do the same for BWE subscribers.

jason@bdoutdoors.com

Perhaps one of the mods on BWE can add the logo on our profiles

Fiskadoro 12-23-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 103250)
Perhaps one of the mods on BWE can add the logo on our profiles

Perhaps one of the mods on BWE can just ban anyone who doesn't contribute to PSO.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HaxURLFn6jU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Billy V 12-23-2011 07:59 PM

Good Fish Karma. >-<((((>

PM me if you donated for Icon Info.

bellcon 12-23-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 103263)
Good Fish Karma. >-<((((>

PM me if you donated for Icon Info.

Right on Billy!
get er done!

(and where do I pick up this "Good Fish Karma" stuff?)

Billy V 12-23-2011 09:53 PM

If you Donated and want to display your Icon follow these directions.
-Just a reminder....
Please Donate toward this Legal Fund. Every person can make a difference. We need to win back our fishing grounds and I'm proud to do my part.

Go to this link on BD and locate the respective icon for your donation level.
ie.
Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond.
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/mar...adge-here.html

Then Right click on the respective Icon and copy the Image Address.

Then go to BWE and access your User CP in the purple header.

Go to Edit Signature and Place the link between [IMG] [/IMG].

Click on Save Changes on the bottom of the page - and your done.

jorluivil 12-23-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Day (Post 103253)
Perhaps one of the mods on BWE can just ban anyone who doesn't contribute to PSO.

I don't see your SAVECAFISHING badge so should we start with you?

tacmik 12-23-2011 11:56 PM

[QUOTE=Jim Day;103253]Perhaps one of the mods on BWE can just ban anyone who doesn't contribute to PSO.

Before everyone starts talking about banning members for not contributing money. They should take a moment to consider the ramifications of this action.
1 Where does it stop. i.e. we are having a tournament. if you are not there, you are banned.

2. At this time, maybe there are members who cannot even aford an extra five dollars. i.e. no job, trying to make ends meet. put food on the table and maybe, just maybe, buy their kids something to put under the tree if they could afford a tree in the first place.

3. How do you know that the person does not belong to several sites and may contribute thru another venue. I did this in the fight and was banned from another site as they said I didn't contribute. I e-mailed them back and explained I did support the cause but did it thru another site. I was told for a cash donation, I would be reinstated. I don't believe this is the way to go. Who has the right to dictate to others.

jorluivil 12-24-2011 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=tacmik;103279]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Day (Post 103253)

Before everyone starts talking about banning members for not contributing money. They should take a moment to consider the ramifications of this action.
1 Where does it stop. i.e. we are having a tournament. if you are not there, you are banned.

2. At this time, maybe there are members who cannot even aford an extra five dollars. i.e. no job, trying to make ends meet. put food on the table and maybe, just maybe, buy their kids something to put under the tree if they could afford a tree in the first place.

3. How do you know that the person does not belong to several sites and may contribute thru another venue. I did this in the fight and was banned from another site as they said I didn't contribute. I e-mailed them back and explained I did support the cause but did it thru another site. I was told for a cash donation, I would be reinstated. I don't believe this is the way to go. Who has the right to dictate to others.

WORD