Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   5/6 AM (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=1942)

madscientist 05-06-2007 04:50 PM

5/6 AM

Got a late start so I decided to look for the flat kind. Launched around 9:30am into mild surf. Couldn't find any bait but Jimm H saved the day with some sardines. Thanks Jimm, good to see ya! Power drifted since there was no breeze until about noon. Weird conditions: the wind never really built but it must have been blowing offshore. Got real choppy and mixed up like it was blowing 10-12 but it was almost calm where I was. Bait showed up so I loaded up on shark chum, but the inexplicable chop got old quick. One sardine got munched on the bottom but no other signs of life, other than a sea lion orgy I accidentally stumbled upon. Surf had built up by the time I landed. Actually had to abort the first attempt and turn around and still had an outsider break on me. Lot of tourists getting dumped.:cool:

esdees 05-06-2007 05:37 PM

It's always fun to watch the rentals in the surf. Thanks for the report.

fishin steve 05-06-2007 06:18 PM

Brad how's the water clarity? Do we still have brown water? I have the next three days off, but I just don't know:confused: I'm one tired Mo Fo. I just need to suck it up and pay my due's. Anybody catch anything????? What's the water temp? Any current? which direction? DAMIT!

Going to barrett on weds.

Thanks for the report.

madscientist 05-06-2007 07:04 PM

Water is green, not brown. Not much else good to say. Could pop any day now. Or not.

fishin steve 05-06-2007 07:13 PM

Thanks

SAR 05-07-2007 07:49 AM

I was out for a few hours Sunday morning (new boat and new rods) and the conditions were pretty much as Brad described. Bait was tough but I managed three pieces two of which were taken by a dog. He swam up to the yak, looked me in the eye and went under and a few seconds later both rods went off leaving me with one bare hook and one mackrel head. It looked like most of the kayak fisherman were way outside. One of them came in with a beautiful yt (looked about 30#) that he caught trolling a rapala. Other than the swell and lack of fish it was beautiful. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

Jimm H 05-07-2007 01:16 PM

Glad to help for NADA...

Sorry the bait didn't bring you anything. I covered a lot of ground in the RIB this morning to no avail, other than getting a chance to break in the new motor. Water was dirty and turned up most all of La Jolla, and I didn't see anyone hooked up in the fleet, nor di I hear any positive reports on the radio or at Dana Landing.

Still, it was good to get on the water after 6 weeks.

BTW, I am a Grandfather for the third time, as my older daughter had her third girl this morning! I owe a Cigar to everyone I saw out there yesterday (er, that was just Brad....)

Jimm H.

lambadmin 05-07-2007 06:03 PM

JImm, congrats! :cheers1:

You will soon need a bigger boat to fit all the grandchildren...

ski 05-07-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimm H (Post 13137)

BTW, I am a Grandfather for the third time, as my older daughter had her third girl this morning!

Jimm H.

Definately the best catch of the day:cheers1:
Congrats!
Mark