Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NPH - 09/21/14 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=23413)

octico 09-22-2014 11:37 AM

NPH - 09/21/14

1 Attachment(s)
I had very little expectation for the day. I was out there to get used to the new ride and not really to fish. I picked up some Anchovies for the troll. Trolled around the harbor for a few hours and caught 5 short butts, and a ton of big ass mackerel everywhere, Lizard fish were on the roll.

This one kid in an inflatable Yak hooked onto a HUGE stingray (at least it looked like one). He got a little freaked out because he thought it might puncture his boat, so I took his rod and cut the line. It was not hooked in the mouth, so it now has a BH earring.

Most of the folks that I talked to yesterday said it was dead. I saw fellow BWE member named Tam out there, I wonder how he did?

Silbaugh4liberty 09-22-2014 01:45 PM

Sounds like fun. You going out to NPH again soon? Did they have sardines and/or squid at the barge too? Let me know when you're going, I might do the same.

octico 09-22-2014 07:09 PM

Hey Kevin

Arvil and I are thinking going out this Saturday for some rock fishing. Let me know if you are interested. If anyone else wants to join send me a PM, if I get enough interest we should do a $5.00 donation and also bring a jig, plastic or whatever gear you have for the largest fish, all cash proceeds go to HOW. I will donate a couple WarHammer Bait jigs to the winner .... hehe I maybe donating gear to myself :D

Lets see if we get enough interest, I know its last minute notice. If we do I will start a new thread.

John

octico 09-22-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty (Post 206934)
Sounds like fun. You going out to NPH again soon? Did they have sardines and/or squid at the barge too? Let me know when you're going, I might do the same.

Nice size Anchovies no squid or dines ...

Silbaugh4liberty 09-22-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 206980)
Hey Kevin

Arvil and I are thinking going out this Saturday for some rock fishing. Let me know if you are interested. If anyone else wants to join send me a PM, if I get enough interest we should do a $5.00 donation and also bring a jig, plastic or whatever gear you have for the largest fish, all cash proceeds go to HOW. I will donate a couple WarHammer Bait jigs to the winner .... hehe I maybe donating gear to myself :D

Lets see if we get enough interest, I know its last minute notice. If we do I will start a new thread.

John

Hey John, you still going to Bass Pro this Saturday? They have the seminars at noon and 4 pm.

Silbaugh4liberty 09-22-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 206981)
Nice size Anchovies no squid or dines ...

Never know what to expect from that barge. About 5 weeks ago they had nice size dines, and 1-2 inch anchovies, then 6-7 weeks before that, they only had squid.

octico 09-22-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty (Post 206988)
Hey John, you still going to Bass Pro this Saturday? They have the seminars at noon and 4 pm.

Oh shit is that this Saturday .... I kept asking my don't wife "we have something going on this weekend". Yeah I am still down if you are? If so I will put on Outlook so I don't forget we can meet at my house and carpool there. If not I am heading to NPS.

Silbaugh4liberty 09-22-2014 07:48 PM

Yeah, that sounds good. You live in orange?

octico 09-22-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty (Post 206990)
Never know what to expect from that barge. About 5 weeks ago they had nice size dines, and 1-2 inch anchovies, then 6-7 weeks before that, they only had squid.

Yeah I remember that. The nice anchovies only problem was that the kid who was loading bait dropped half the scoop outside livewell and into the back of my yak. When i landed I have 50 dead dried up anchovies stuck to my yak ... f'ing disgusting. Scrubbed the yak down and i still stinks.

Amish Ed 09-23-2014 10:24 AM

At least you got a few to tug on. Landwhale and I fished Newport yesterday. Slow for us too.

tamddo714 09-23-2014 10:03 PM

Hey john it was nice meeting you. It was pretty slow for me i only got 4 bass and a short butt. see you on the waters soon .