Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   UPDATED ON THE FLY TREAD (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=33318)

makobob 08-14-2018 12:44 PM

UPDATED ON THE FLY TREAD

NEW OCTOBER on the FLY THREAD

WE NEED TO figure a dinner time. IF we do dinner at 5pm then there is time for an evening session for the golden hour. Or we can do later. So lets VOTE but only if you are coming. Thanks amigos.

We also need your dates in camp to figure out who can team up for dinners. Thanks guys. We are talking 17 dinners. Local shrimp and scallops will be in season. Sierra albondagas soup, chicken mole, and chile verde are always meal favorites along with garlic shrimp and fresh fish. So think about it and post up.

GUYS this looks like the biggest group for mako-ville ever. Which means the RESTAURANT will have to restock a couple times for our group. SO PLEASE let me know our totals, when your team will be hosting or cooking in camp so I can let Clementina know our numbers for each night. So the date you want. Hosting or cooking and your main course will be?

Still $5.00 per head at the restaurant if we bring the meat. Clementina's crew does all the work. Prep, cooking, and cleanup. She serves up a great meal with all the trimmings. DRINKS are extra but beer is still $1.50, so it really is a bargin.

Saturday13 Oct
14th Professor Longarms Conchita Pibil Restaurant
15th Norm Miller Shrimp Restaurant
16th Westfork Sierra meat ball soup Restaurant
17th Baja_Traveler, Paella YUMMY.
18th
19th Stevie951, chicken mole, Restaurant
Saturday 20th Makobob, Shrimp/Fish Restaurant
21st Mike Scales, Chicken Mole Restaurant
22nd Mr Puka Chile Verde Restaurant
23rd YakDout Enchaladas Restaurant
24th Sivak, SURPRISE Restaurant
25th Dylan Moore Fish tacos Restaurant
26th Domtesta, fresh fish Restaurant
Saturday 27th Makobob, Costillas(Pork Ribs) Restaurant
28th John M, Chicken Mole Restaurant
29th
YOU are HOME, hope to sea you all back in 2019. Tight Lines.

THOSE COMING

WEEK ONE 13-20 October

Baja_Traveler
MrPukaShell
ProfessorLongArms
Dad of ProLongArms
WestFork
Sivak
Shelly
Brian Jackson
Norm Miller
Stevie951

WEEK TWO 21-29 October

Domtesta27
Chasen, brother of Dom
Mike scales
Mike's brother
Mike's friend
John M
MrPukaShell
fishnstix
YakDout
Sivak
Shelly
Brian Jackson
Norm Miller

Sivak 08-14-2018 12:46 PM

Bob:

Please add me + Shelley +Brain Jackson. I'll be down for week 1 and 2.

I do dinner Wednesday the 24th.

Sunrise will be around 6:40am and Sunset will be around 6:00pm in October

Weather 411
https://www.accuweather.com/en/mx/sa...nyr=10/01/2018

Tides
http://sanfelipe.com.mx/weather/tide...dars/oct-2018/

FMM
https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html

YakDout 08-14-2018 12:50 PM

Hey bob, I like the idea of the early dinner to be able to get in an evening session. It’s a double edged sword though because if it’s, 3-4 in the afternoon and we’re at the islands, it will be very hard to make it in time, especially if the fishing is good. I’ll be there 20th-27th. And will take Sunday night the 21st for dinner.

makobob 08-14-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 296004)
Hey bob, I like the idea of the early dinner to be able to get in an evening session. It’s a double edged sword though because if it’s, 3-4 in the afternoon and we’re at the islands, it will be very hard to make it in time, especially if the fishing is good. I’ll be there 20th-27th. And will take Sunday night the 21st for dinner.

Sorry please pick another night as Mike Scales will have Chicken Mole that night. So your new night, what were having and at restaurant or you cooking in camp. Thanks Brandon.

WestFork 08-14-2018 03:12 PM

Bob, I'll handle dinner the evening of the 15th. My preference is sopa de albondigas de sierra. In the unlikely event sierra aren't around, pork in salsa verde. :-)
Dave

YakDout 08-14-2018 03:32 PM

Ok I’ll take the 23 at the restaurant. Bob do you think they’d be able to do salsa verde chicken enchiladas? If I supply chicken of course

YakDout 08-14-2018 03:40 PM

Also you can take me off week one as my dates fall on week 2.

makobob 08-14-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestFork (Post 296011)
Bob, I'll handle dinner the evening of the 15th. My preference is sopa de albondigas de sierra. In the unlikely event sierra aren't around, pork in salsa verde. :-)
Dave

Sorry Dave that night was taken, so I moved you to the 16th. Hope that is ok.

Baja_Traveler 08-14-2018 07:05 PM

Bob - I'll take the 17th - possibly will NOT be the smoker this time - Just PM'd Kathryn - if she is able to guide me we will be doing a seafood Paella.

makobob 08-14-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 296027)
Bob - I'll take the 17th - possibly will NOT be the smoker this time - Just PM'd Kathryn - if she is able to guide me we will be doing a seafood Paella.

YUMMY, sew Kai how long do you get to stay amigo? Sea you soon.

ProfessorLongArms 08-14-2018 09:04 PM

Looks like it’s likely to be me, and only tentatively my dad...
I could do the 14th and bring down a Cochonita Pibil.

makobob 08-15-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms (Post 296033)
Looks like it’s likely to be me, and only tentatively my dad...
I could do the 14th and bring down a Cochonita Pibil.

Ok works for me, you gonna cook in camp or is Clementina at the resyaurant going to do it for us?

Guys this thread is up to date as of the 15th of August. Still waiting for some to check in.
Tight Lines.

domtesta27 08-15-2018 09:47 AM

Meal Night

Bob,

put Nico(my brother) and myself down for the 26th. I don't see any fish nights yet for the second week so we will supply fresh Cabrilla and Sierra to the restaurant for fish meatball soup and however else they want to prepare it. I remember that garlic crusted sierra last year was bomb!!!
excited to see everyone!:cheers1::cheers1:

ProfessorLongArms 08-15-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 296044)
Ok works for me, you gonna cook in camp or is Clementina at the resyaurant going to do it for us?

Guys this thread is up to date as of the 15th of August. Still waiting for some to check in.
Tight Lines.

Let’s say a bit of both!!
I find it’s easiest to make it in my instant pot with the supervision of my wife who has perfected the recipe.... need to pickle the red onions and habaneros a few days in advance too.

I will bring it down pre-cooked on ice, and we can go over the restaurant and have them heat it up, provide all of the tortillas, etc. if that’s ok.

makobob 08-15-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms (Post 296048)
Let’s say a bit of both!!
I find it’s easiest to make it in my instant pot with the supervision of my wife who has perfected the recipe.... need to pickle the red onions and habaneros a few days in advance too.

I will bring it down pre-cooked on ice, and we can go over the restaurant and have them heat it up, provide all of the tortillas, etc. if that’s ok.

Great, works for me, easier for all.

Mike scales 08-15-2018 04:19 PM

My Vote for later dinner.

domtesta27 08-15-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike scales (Post 296062)
My Vote for later dinner.

agreed..... roosters in the afternoon is a good bite at the islands.....:jig:

makobob 08-15-2018 04:50 PM

Running Dinner vote

1 early

2 after dark

YakDout 08-15-2018 07:05 PM

UPDATED ON THE FLY TREAD

Just to be clear bob, while I see both sides of the fence, I definitely lean towards the later dinner. With the sun setting around 6pm, hour dinner starting at 5 pm, doesn’t leave much light after dinner, if any. Would rather fish the sun-downer bite, relax at dinner, start a fire, and listen to a few more stories of yours that I know you have up your sleeve. Always enjoy your baja knowledge.

makobob 08-15-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 296069)
Just to be clear bob, while I see both sides of the fence, I definitely lean towards the later dinner. With the sun setting around 6pm, hour dinner starting at 5 pm, doesn’t leave much light after dinner, if any. Would fish the sun-downer bite, relax at dinner, start a fire, and listen to a few more stories of yours that I know you have up your sleeve. Always enjoy your baja knowledge.

OK I called dinner at the 7-8 o'clock hour. Pack big lunches guys.