Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Possible Team Sewer Campathon 2015/2016 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=27419)

igotpron 11-13-2015 07:38 PM

If I attend will a sleeping buddy be appointed to me, or will I get to pick? I also forget things like sleeping bags and tents.

FlyFishinYakr 11-14-2015 01:34 PM

Sorry, checked in on this thread late.
Is this going to be a weekend thing?
Did anyone think about/consider Lake Isabella? Pretty easy drive from I.E./San Bernadino or Greater L.A./SFV. Only downside is weather unpredictable.
Have never been there with a kayak but I hear it's an under rated LM bass hole that's also good for cats and crappie (along with trout in the winter).
I've noticed there are many fly anglers on the board now, this is a fairly easy fly fish lake for those species (if I'm to believe the publications I've read over the years).
FFY :sifone:

fishing md 11-14-2015 07:56 PM

In for saturday/sunday not sure on friday

I WILL LOCK MY TRUCK DOORS AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roby 11-15-2015 05:36 AM

The stickers alone make this event worth it...

Jorge knows how to unlock doors...

jorluivil 11-15-2015 10:46 AM

Roby always leaves his back door open

tacmik 12-05-2015 06:00 PM

Another place you might look at is Lake Hemet. Don't know much about it, but if you are still trying to decide where to go, it might fit the bill.

eDUBz 12-05-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacmik (Post 248718)
Another place you might look at is Lake Hemet. Don't know much about it, but if you are still trying to decide where to go, it might fit the bill.

My friend just got back from Lake Hemet, he said there's a bunch of tweakers out there. Said he will never go back. He towed his 5th wheel out there from oxnard.

Mahigeer 12-06-2015 07:36 AM

Two Harbor is a good idea, but not too practical.

Taking the kayak there is a big issue, the camp ground is ¼ mile uphill hike from the town center.
There might be an area close to beach for camping, but it has to be reserved. If memory serves.

I went there camping and fishing while back. Here is a report about it. It is not kayak fishing, but other information could be useful for deciding.

http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard/...r+camping+tent

The highlighted orange words were used in “search” mode to find the article.

ful-rac 12-07-2015 01:57 PM

So after some discussion with Jorge I will set our Team Sewer Campout date on the second weekend in January. So the date will be tentatively set on Friday January 8-10, barring any adverse weather. If we do encounter adverse weather on that date we will roll it over to the first or second weekend of February to allow everyone to make proper arrangements.

As I discussed earlier, Santa Ana River lakes will be the venue. As much as I would like to go to a better more scenic lake...I just don't see us being able to do everything we want to do at any other lake at the moment...
For example:
Kayaking
Lake Front Camping
Campfires
Decent fishing

I will update tomorrow or sometime this week on the pricing...our date may change!!!

octico 12-07-2015 02:44 PM

Sounds like fun.

makobob 12-07-2015 03:26 PM

WOW, a weekend I am not going to BAJA. Tony please count me IN. And thank you team sewer for putting this on. Tight lines.

jorluivil 12-07-2015 03:52 PM

Just need to get a few things out of the way before the camp out

1. There are no rules
2. See item 1

ful-rac 12-08-2015 10:15 AM

Update...

Ok...I just called down to Santa Ana River lakes to confirm a few things...They said that camping is only available once a month on specific days, (unlike Irvine which offers it every weekend). Our planned trip on the 8-10...is not one of those days, so scratch that! The only day available for camping in January is the 22-24th.

Campfires are allowed...

I'm thinking of possibly going with Lake Perris now in Moreno Valley...I'll have to talk to the boys about it...

What's nice about Perris, is that it would be significantly cheaper than Santa Ana, not being next to the 91 freeway is definitely a plus...better scenery, no lake nazi's, camping is available every weekend. $10 bucks per vehicle and $25 per campsite for up to 8 people.

What sucks is lakeside camping is definitely out. Fishing probably isn't going to be as good...gotta load up and down the launch ramp to get on the water.

Either way it'll be fun...will let you guys know.

Campfires are also allowed at Perris Currently.

momo fish 12-08-2015 10:42 AM

Possible Team Sewer Campathon 2015/2016

Just come down and camp at Leo Carrillo... Better fishing, fun nights and close to most...

Plus the locals would love the company 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck D 12-08-2015 11:16 AM

lake morena...

jorluivil 12-08-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck D (Post 248866)
lake morena...

That's a 300 mile round trip for some of us.

Chuck D 12-08-2015 11:45 AM

Silverwood...

ful-rac 12-08-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck D (Post 248870)
Silverwood...

no campfires

I guess I take that back...
Just called there, and they lifted the fire ban on thanksgiving...Will consider.

Harry Hill 12-08-2015 01:12 PM

I'm thinking of possibly going with Lake Perris now in Moreno Valley...I'll have to talk to the boys about it...

What's nice about Perris, is that it would be significantly cheaper than Santa Ana, not being next to the 91 freeway is definitely a plus...better scenery, no lake nazi's, camping is available every weekend. $10 bucks per vehicle and $25 per campsite for up to 8 people.

What sucks is lakeside camping is definitely out. Fishing probably isn't going to be as good...gotta load up and down the launch ramp to get on the water.

Either way it'll be fun...will let you guys know.

Campfires are also allowed at Perris Currently.[/QUOTE]

you can launch from the sail beach at Perris, drive right down to the water, it puts you right next to the dam

Eric D Man 12-08-2015 02:55 PM

Perris

I am well aware that I am just the FNG and my opinion doesn't count but I vote Perris. Even though I will be doing my best to make it wherever it may be... Friends that went last year still rave over the tuna salad!!
Perris just happens to be closer to the house.