Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tandem ProAngler (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=32181)

stephz34@yahoo.com 11-10-2017 08:26 AM

Tandem ProAngler

How is the tandem PA with performance on the ocean? Is it easy/difficult to carry, transport or launch? Is a tandem better or would having 2 separate PA be easier? My husband and I always kayak fish together and we currently have an Oasis. Thanks so much:jig:

Dingokevin 11-10-2017 08:49 AM

It is a great boat. Carry no you will not be carrying. The two of you might be able to drag. You will need a trailer to transport. If you can two pa and a trailer is the water to go. Once others water it is a very very nice platform to fish off of.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

stephz34@yahoo.com 11-10-2017 09:08 AM

Thanks

Great feedback

PapaDave 11-13-2017 07:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a PA17, it's great for two people. I sometimes do guide trips and it comes in very handy.

It handles very well on the water, not much fazes it. As with all PA kayaks the turning takes some getting used to but once figured out it's all good.

It carries a lot of stuff. If you take it out solo you have room for a full sized ice chest, a 20 gallon bait tank, a moderately sized car battery, hoop nets and all your tackle. The weight isn't an issue. With two people you can get the 20g tank and all the tackle for two without a problem.

The yak is 17' long so sticking it in the back of your truck would leave quite a bit hanging out. I use a trailer, you can find them on CL for about $250 if you take your time and wait. You may be able to roll it over the sand using two sets of the balloon tires that fit in the scupper holes. That should be doable.

Overall, if you have someone who you fish with all the time it's a good deal. I occasionally take folks out as a guide on mine and it works great. The two pics are of a solo setup and a dual setup. It's also very kid friendly...

wiredantz 11-13-2017 08:25 AM

Its big Its Huge...

I like it...

a huge DOLLY IS A MUST! and it has to be low.... because to lift this thing.... is the mother of all beast...

also forget about surf launching anywhere except la jolla

stephz34@yahoo.com 11-14-2017 09:19 AM

Thanks

King Saba 11-14-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredantz (Post 287962)
Its big Its Huge...

I like it...

a huge DOLLY IS A MUST! and it has to be low.... because to lift this thing.... is the mother of all beast...

also forget about surf launching anywhere except la jolla

And add a motor and other crap to it like this guy. Wiredantz's friggin' barge PA left me in the dust when the motors kicked in.