Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LB breakwall 3/3 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12705)

vincentek9 02-26-2012 07:01 PM

LB breakwall 3/3

a group of my friends and i will be fishing the LB breakwall (los alamitos side) on saturday 3/3. we will be launching at 6:30am and will fish until probably 2-3pm. our primary target is rockfish, cabezon, sculpin because we want to make tacos in celebration of rockfish season opening up. anyone and everyone is welcome to join us in some fishing, joking, and overall good company.

eertkao 02-26-2012 07:20 PM

Hey vincent, where will you guys be launching from? I'd like to join you guys :reel:

William Novotny 02-26-2012 07:21 PM

Id join you cause id love some taco meat but fred hall demo day at oex is that saturday and I wanna go drool over all the cool new shiat

Iceman 02-27-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Id join you cause id love some taco meat but fred hall demo day at oex is that saturday and I wanna go drool over all the cool new shiat
do both, Demos until 2 pm! I wish I could go, the Wall is on my short list of places I want to fish very soon.

GR6RR 02-28-2012 09:25 AM

We might be out there this weekend as well, see y'all there!:luxhello::linesnap:

NEEFFF 02-28-2012 09:31 AM

Where will you be launching at? Bayshore/ocean im guessing?

GR6RR 03-02-2012 10:07 AM

:luxhello: yippie! Tomorrow, few more hours to go... anyone else going to be in this area?:kayak-surfer:

mtnbykr2 03-02-2012 11:02 AM

would love to join you all I gotta work...good luck on the rock fish season opener...have a taco for me please:reel:

ful-rac 03-02-2012 12:12 PM

Good luck out there guys! Hopefully it works out for ya! I'm just hope'n it doesnt blow this weekend.......

vincentek9 03-02-2012 02:20 PM

will be launching at ocean (at the 72nd street jetty). there will be 4 of us fishing the wall for a bit, and checking out a new spot that i found on google earth. ROCKFISH!!!!!

J3FFro 03-02-2012 02:23 PM

Will see you guys out there..

CobraNav:) 03-02-2012 02:39 PM

see u in the water :) Tight lines! :reel:

GR6RR 03-02-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 109001)
Good luck out there guys! Hopefully it works out for ya! I'm just hope'n it doesnt blow this weekend.......

I see what you meant now...
Quote:

NBCLosAngeles.com
updated 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Print Font:
High wind warnings are in effect through the weekend for Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties, as gusts up to 65 mph swept across Southern California on Friday.
A wind advisory has also been issued for Los Angeles County, which began at noon Friday. The warning was in effect until 3 p.m. Saturday.
"As we head into the weekend, we're going to kick it off with a lot of wind," said Carl Bell, NBC4 weathercaster.
Northeast winds blew about 20-30 mph, with some gusts of up to 65 mph.
The warnings for Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties will last until 2 p.m. Saturday.
Officials warned motorists to be on the lookout for downed tree branches and power lines.
Winds were expected to die down by the late afternoon and into the evening Friday before picking up again Friday night and into Saturday morning.
Temperatures, meanwhile, were expected to jump into the low to upper-70s along the coast.
Valleys and low deserts could see temperatures rise into the upper-70s and low to mid-80s by Sunday.
Temperatures in the high-desert areas hit the upper-70s.

GR6RR 03-06-2012 09:12 AM

:D following up on the day, EK9, did y'all catch anything out there? I started to feel a little ill so I headed back and fished in the bay and still caught shit.

also, I'm guessin your the one in the red ek that ran up on us, hahahha That shit was a sick arse paddle, next time we gotta launch at the beachside.