Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Best place to launch in Los Alamitos? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9575)

tomah 03-03-2011 11:56 AM

Best place to launch in Los Alamitos?

hello, i was going to go out tomorrow to fish the Los Alamitos harbor. is there a good place to launch the kayak with all day free parking? the last thing i want to do is have to get off the kayak and pay the parking meter.

any help would be great! i was thinking of launching from where the kayak rental shop is. i believe the parking there is free. can anybody verify that is true?

Thanks!

calderonmike 03-03-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomah (Post 77445)
hello, i was going to go out tomorrow to fish the Los Alamitos harbor. is there a good place to launch the kayak with all day free parking? the last thing i want to do is have to get off the kayak and pay the parking meter.

any help would be great! i was thinking of launching from where the kayak rental shop is. i believe the parking there is free. can anybody verify that is true?

Thanks!

if you are going north bound on Second Street from PCH the park across the boat launch that is located where the albertson market.

mtnbykr2 03-03-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomah (Post 77445)

Thanks!

"thread jack" question where is this Los Alimitos you speak of?

calderonmike 03-03-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 (Post 77461)
"thread jack" question where is this Los Alimitos you speak of?

Long Beach

tomah 03-03-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calderonmike (Post 77459)
if you are going north bound on Second Street from PCH the park across the boat launch that is located where the albertson market.

Do you mean mothers beach? If so, that is a metered lot

mtnbykr2 03-03-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calderonmike (Post 77462)
Long Beach

I have only been to Cabrillo in the LBC, and I would love to get back down there, my we will hit the LA next trip there....

GregAndrew 03-03-2011 05:12 PM

Claremont St. Catamaran Launch - $10 -12 but you get to drive your yak to within maybe 60 feet of the water. You can also park on the street (if you can find a spot) and wheel your yak down the same path.

Cherry Beach - Metered parking for about $10 for most the day.

Further to the west there is:

Queen Mary Boat Launch (not the real name)- $12 and has a free wash down (bring your own hose)

Cabrillo Beach - $9 all day and bait barge within 1/2 mile of launch.

I am sure there are others but these are the ones I have tried.

tomah 03-03-2011 05:48 PM

i think im going to launch from mothers beach. im gonna park on the street and wheelie my yak over there :)

mtnbykr2 03-03-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregAndrew (Post 77469)
Claremont St. Catamaran Launch - $10 -12 but you get to drive your yak to within maybe 60 feet of the water. You can also park on the street (if you can find a spot) and wheel your yak down the same path.

Cherry Beach - Metered parking for about $10 for most the day.

Further to the west there is:

Queen Mary Boat Launch (not the real name)- $12 and has a free wash down (bring your own hose)

Cabrillo Beach - $9 all day and bait barge within 1/2 mile of launch.

I am sure there are others but these are the ones I have tried.

Cabrillo is the bomb...:linesnap:

speedydk 03-03-2011 09:25 PM

I fish Alamitos bay fairly frequently. Its local for me and I usually launch from Bayshore playground area get there when its not crowded and theres free parking on the street (Ocean Blvd). Its been loaded with lizard fish lately, although I've found thats not always a bad thing. Its an easy launch and one of my fave parts is a fresh water washdown area.
Darren

tomah 03-04-2011 05:52 PM

Cool thanks darren! I hit it today and caught 3 lizard fish today. I it was nice to at least get bit by something lol

Afterwards I went to fish seal beach and caught my first surf perch off the sand :) 10"er!

I am definately going to launch from the playground side next time also.

ericko 03-04-2011 06:37 PM

if you can make it some of us will be headed to cabrillo sunday morning 7 ish

tomah 03-04-2011 06:42 PM

Darn, ill be at work this weekend! Thanks for the invite though!