Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   6/05 AM (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=2110)

steamroll 06-05-2007 09:24 AM

6/05 AM

Launched around 4:20 to small short interval surf, took one good one to the chest :o

Bait was thick..everywhere. I picked up a mix of jumbo greenies and medium spanish along the kelp edge.

Nervous water all around. Big schools of HUGE spanish mackeral being pushed up by log cuda.

Gonna try the PM shift tonight:cool:

Dan 06-05-2007 09:44 AM

cudafest '07. Thanks for the terminal tackle Matt - didn't plan on losing 3 setups before the sun rose to those scooters.

ratdog 06-05-2007 09:44 AM

Same situation for me, no joy off the water by 8:30am.

1 Note:
I was sitting on the water, not trolling saw the Dolphin coming from the west, last year it went behind me and sawed off my trawling lines.
So since there wasn't any reason for me to get in its way I stayed put, the f king jerkoff comes right for me and misses me by 15 yards and the captain of the boat has his head out the bridge window laughing at me as he goes by. I didn't do anything to provoke him and after he passed I didn't make any obscene jestures. I was a little more than pissed off!

dorado50 06-05-2007 09:45 AM

Same senario as last nite, but Josh did catch a nice yellow.maybe its about time he gets reported to the coast guard and port authority

madscientist 06-05-2007 09:58 AM

I thought the Dolphin had stopped doing that crap but I guess not. I wrote a letter to the CG a while back after one such incident.

aguachico 06-05-2007 10:20 AM

To hell with the coast guard, let's get a group of 40 and get on the boat. We could have some serious fun!!! lol

"clean up in the galley"
"clean up in the galley"
"please refrain from puking in the galley"
"clean up in the galley"
"clean up in the galley"
"DO NOT PUKE IN THE BAIT TANK"

Just kidding :rolleyes:

Matt 06-05-2007 10:29 AM

I am always game to puke on a boat!! I even know just the place to get food poisoning!!!:eek: Dan good seeing you and happy to hand you some hooks, right after I did that I got sawed off by the cuda fest!! Got 2 baits stolen and was also buzzed by Ricardo cabeza a.k.a Jason (at least that is the name people have told me) of the dolphin, put a call into the coast guard but I doubt it will do much. Nice meeting you John!

Matt

ratdog 06-05-2007 10:29 AM

I called the lifeguard station, they said if the boat comes within 100ft I can file a citizens arrest, but I would have to ID the person driving the boat. I couldn't tell you who was actually driving. Next I called Islandia Sportfishing and they told me the owner of the boat was the captain this morning and he would never do anything like that. They told me his name was something like Tim Volklander but I could of got the name wrong. They would pass along my concern. Gee thanks!
Matt pleasure meeting you, I didn't want to drag you in, but Matt saw everything as close as I did.

dos ballenas 06-05-2007 10:31 AM

yep, nada for us... the new seaforth has been pulling that crap this year also... saw a nice little tail on the beack at 1030... I may actually be joining the plastic armada in the near future :kayak-surfer: ... time to put the tin can away and get some exercise:paddleersmilie:

tylerdurden 06-05-2007 10:43 AM

Dolphin did the same thing to me on Saturday. I was away from the pack drifting, not trolling and he headed right for me. I understand when kayakers pin them in somewhere they need to get out, but this was for no reason. I was close enough to hear the deckhands and passengers laughing as their wake hit me:the_finger:.

We also need to stay away from their chumlines. Some kayakers and pbers still fish and troll right through the sporties chumlines which doesn't make things anybetter, of course it doesn't help when they anchor up right next to you.

tptrench 06-05-2007 10:49 AM

No Respect!!!!!!

Contact Ken Franke of the harbor police. I reported asshole Jason a couple of years ago for similar incidents and he had to cut bait for awhile. I had the New Seaforth come way to close yesterday. Those guys have no respect for us. Ken owns the Outer Limits out of Seaforth. He contacted Voaklander and that helped for awhile. What can we do? I'm really sick of what's happening out there!!!!:mad::mad::mad: TP:mad::mad::mad:

dorado50 06-05-2007 11:01 AM

I like aquachico's idea, but lets just meet him on the dock upon his return, and voice our concern and see what transpires. Just me and a really strong guy should work.

Corey 06-05-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tptrench (Post 14382)
Contact Ken Franke of the harbor police. I reported asshole Jason a couple of years ago for similar incidents and he had to cut bait for awhile. I had the New Seaforth come way to close yesterday. Those guys have no respect for us. Ken owns the Outer Limits out of Seaforth. He contacted Voaklander and that helped for awhile. What can we do? I'm really sick of what's happening out there!!!!:mad::mad::mad: TP:mad::mad::mad:

That's a good tip. I'd reccommend that everyone effected by an incidedent make a seperate call to the CG and Harbor Police every time something happens with those pricks. They won't be able to ignore it then.

Corey 06-05-2007 11:08 AM

I like Art's idea too, except lets skip the puking and just throw the asshole overboard.

And Dave, I'll go with ya.:D

BTW, I'll see the pm shift out there tonight.

Dan 06-05-2007 12:26 PM

On a side note, Knothead is now sporting a new white Tady on his back :p

wavster 06-05-2007 12:36 PM

New Seaforth Reported to Coast Guard

On Sunday I was approached the same way early in the AM. I was way out & alone since 5am.
The New Seaforth aimed right at me then turned at the last minute (about 20 yards away.
I got swamped and the Captain just stared me down.

To make a long story short, I called the Coast Guard yesterday and spoke with an investigator
for about 30 minutes. They've told me that the New Seaforth has had several
complaints filed against them.

Being a vigilante isn't the right way to go. Use the legal system. The CG has the
power to revoke their commercial license, so that's the way I'm going to go. Also,
taking pictures of the boat/captain when being buzzed will go a long way if legal
action is pursued.

Just my 2 cents.

Matt 06-05-2007 12:39 PM

steely dan love for knotheads

Hell Dan, if I had known you need another iron to put in ol' knothead I would have gladly given you one of those too!!!:D Good luck to the pm dudes!!
Corey and Dave just let me know if you want a third guy to tag along for fun!! I like long in depth political discussions....or just kicking the F'ing crap out of jerks!!!
Matt

ratdog 06-05-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavster (Post 14391)
On Sunday I was approached the same way early in the AM. I was way out & alone since 5am.
The New Seaforth aimed right at me then turned at the last minute (about 20 yards away.
I got swamped and the Captain just stared me down.

To make a long story short, I called the Coast Guard yesterday and spoke with an investigator
for about 30 minutes. They've told me that the New Seaforth has had several
complaints filed against them.

Being a vigilante isn't the right way to go. Use the legal system. The CG has the
power to revoke their commercial license, so that's the way I'm going to go. Also,
taking pictures of the boat/captain when being buzzed will go a long way if legal
action is pursued.

Just my 2 cents.

What # did you call?

wavster 06-05-2007 12:44 PM

Coast Guard Incident Report Phone Number

Petty Officer Daniels gave me this number if anyone needs to file an incident report:

This is not for things like "he buzzed me", but more if there is a kayak flipped because
of wake from them coming too close.

Sherm 06-05-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 14390)
On a side note, Knothead is now sporting a new white Tady on his back :p

Great job:D :D That bastard is probably still digesting my YT from Saturday.