Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   No reports? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31658)

TJones 08-05-2017 06:49 AM

No reports?

Has anybody got information for LJ offshore? Has anybody been looking? Haven't seen any post about tuna near LJ. Last year they were one mile out. How about tuna fishing for SD in general? Did they move too far north too quickly?

FullFlavorPike 08-05-2017 06:53 AM

Looks to me like, if it's happening real close, nobody is talking about it. More likely the case that you have to go pretty far west, or pretty far south, possibly both, and that you need a motor to get there.

alanw 08-05-2017 07:55 AM

You have to wait until next week for this weeks report.

Iceman 08-05-2017 08:23 AM

Fished Thursday super tough bait 74 degree water. Saw one boater get a YT mid morning around 3/4 spot. We hung out around Morgan's GWS spot looking for close in dodos, outside NWC. There were a couple dodos caught incidentally last Sunday by kayaks. Lots of reports starting to come in with dorado and YT from LJ to DP..........hoping to go on the hunt next week.......somewhere.

DanaPT 08-05-2017 08:39 AM

This is a great time of year to be in a kakak.

Best of luck to you all.

2-Stix 08-05-2017 10:13 PM

watch the 3/4 boats.

GTboosted 08-06-2017 09:54 AM

There was dorado early in the week. On Saturday not even yellowtail we're being pulled up. Four different cattle boats were fishing for calicos of the point.

I marked bait but I couldn't make some? Everyone else seemed to be having a hard time time too. Only saw one smaller yt caught the whole day.

FISH11 08-06-2017 10:09 AM

Bait has been almost non-excitant for most. On Friday's or the weekend it has looked line a Walmart parking lot. most boat and kayaks that came out early are gone by noon because of how slow it's been. Every day someone get one, there are always a small number caught and most are smaller grade. I think the crazy water temp for weeks now has most to do with it, I have been seeing from 74 to lately 76.5 degrees. The 1/2 and 3/4 boats when they come in close are going for Calicos and rock fish and I have seen them in as shallow as 35', that's crazy. At least I have been getting a good work out pedaling the Hobie Revo or paddling when I use my Malibu X Factor, in the search for bait and trolling a swim bait or Rapala on one rod and the sabiki on another. Covered a lot miles. I guess I'll be in shape for when the Tuna are in Kayak reach.

jbl_91762 08-06-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 283870)
Has anybody got information for LJ offshore? Has anybody been looking? Haven't seen any post about tuna near LJ. Last year they were one mile out. How about tuna fishing for SD in general? Did they move too far north too quickly?

I hope that's the case and make it Newport and DanaPoint!