Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TV, Pac Warriors (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=27444)

Sdspeed 10-24-2015 12:06 AM

TV, Pac Warriors

Tried to watch ,didn't make it all the way thru. For those of you in the know can
a native Hawaiian kayak angler sell their catch or do they have some sort of commercial license?

619-SWIM-DOG 10-24-2015 06:09 AM

If you are selling your catch you need to have a commercial license. Even in Hawaii were you don't need a fishing license to fish recreationally. See link below.

http://hawaiideptland.custhelp.com/a...ing-license%3F

jorluivil 10-24-2015 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdspeed (Post 245515)
Tried to watch ,didn't make it all the way thru. For those of you in the know can
a native Hawaiian kayak angler sell their catch or do they have some sort of commercial license?

I watched about 15minutes of it.

It was like watching another one of those HH videos

Sir LJ 10-24-2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 245526)
I watched about 15minutes of it.

It was like watching another one of those HH videos

Dude I heard your on crack.
Is that why u couldn't sit thru it?

HELLSTER INC. 10-24-2015 08:17 AM

Can't stand the drama, felt like I was watching the Kardashians on kayaks.....I'll pass

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jorluivil 10-24-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir LJ (Post 245529)
Dude I heard your on crack.
Is that why u couldn't sit thru it?

Apparently, I am.

momo fish 10-24-2015 08:40 AM

TV, Pac Warriors

Caught the show this morning and loved it... Get to see many different types of kayaker and methods of take..

Not seeing how it's like wicked tuna or the drama as each have their own personal goals and not competing with each other.. And great footage as well..

Did enjoy seeing the rookie not listen to the seasoned pro and have to be rescued by a boat.. Sounds like he would fit right in at LJ 😊

Dee84cali 10-24-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momo fish (Post 245532)
Caught the show this morning and loved it... Get to see many different types of kayaker and methods of take..

Not seeing how it's like wicked tuna or the drama as each have their own personal goals and not competing with each other.. And great footage as well..

Did enjoy seeing the rookie not listen to the seasoned pro and have to be rescued by a boat.. Sounds like he would fit right in at LJ 😊

👍🏽

maquinapescado 10-24-2015 09:28 AM

Not a fishing show and not a full blown drama, somewhere in between.

I'll take any little bit of fishing I can get on TV, but I wish it was more catching and less lip smacking. It was the first show so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully the fishing will ramp up.

Iceman 10-24-2015 09:51 AM

I thought it was pretty darn good. I would watch it just for the cinematography alone. Great camera work. :luxhello:

2-Stix 10-24-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdspeed (Post 245515)

I fished with local guys when I lived in Kaneohe, Oahu from 2002-2004. We would come to the docks and sell fish all the time. People would ask and you could sell. If the docks were empty you just put a sign up in your front yard and people would stop in to buy fish. We had no fishing license let alone a commercial license.

Tie a tea leaf on the boat and head out.

Dave Legacy 10-24-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 245535)
I thought it was pretty darn good. I would watch it just for the cinematography alone. Great camera work. :luxhello:

Same reason I liked River Monsters. They had to have a hacky mystery to keep the attention of a general audience, but the cinematography far surpassed anything on the WFN with often times better fishing as well.

Tandem Assassin 10-24-2015 11:49 AM

I liked the cinematography as well but lost interest quickly.

Didn't dig the brotherhood (we all know about it), fishing for cash, running with rocks, biting the octopus, ect. Also during the two tuna hook-ups the reel went from a gold Penn to a black Penn several times which makes you question the validity of the show. I also believe the sleigh ride they show in the opening is actually tied to a boat.

Seems like they had to write a story-line some where between Deadliest Catch and Wicked Tuna. Not my cup of tea as it does not reflect reality.

skrilla 10-24-2015 11:58 AM

It's a TV show, had to keep repeating that while I watched.

A pet peeve of mine with fishing shows is dubbing in the clicker sound when fighting a fish. Now everytime I see a shiny gold Penn Torque that dreaded noise will replay in my head. :p

Also incontinuinity with shots. Noticed the same exact rod used for bendo shots for two different scenes, one with Rob and once with Jon Jon. This was a custom rod ( yellowish wraps with dragon scale ) and I doubt they both ordered the same exact one.

Hated the Boogie D segments. Over dramatized. Having his client jump into shark infested waters to untangle the rudder or else "he can't paddle in" :rolleyes: . A good guide would paddle over and help no? Also if so dangerous, why is the camera man in the water with him? And losing visual with your client even with a camera crew on a boat?

Always liked Rob since watching those Penn promo vids. 800 bucks for a 40# tuna though? It's been 2 bucks a pound here in SD, straight from the RSW.

Jon Jon is funny. I like his DGAF I'm gonna get a WR marlin campain. Can't wait to see more of him.

And Kimi biting the octopus to kill it, hell yeah!

Would like to see more footage of the local life, food, wahines. :cool:

Overall like the show. It's no accurate depiction, well cause it's gotta appeal to the masses. That said can't wait to see the new wave of kayak fisherman out on the water expecting the type of fishing they watch on TV.

ful-rac 10-24-2015 12:15 PM

I thought it was ok....

Not sure if the show will work....but I guess it remains to be seen. It's different from wicked tuna and the deadliest catch in the sense that there is no competition between the teams/groups of the show. So there's only one set of commercial guys...and everyone else does their own thing...?

The whole carrying rocks underwater to train for kayakfishing was a bit much...I did get a kick outta that one...

jorluivil 10-24-2015 12:20 PM

The camera crew should have come to lj yesterday, they could have filmed me carrying my PA underwater upside-down

tacmik 10-24-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 245545)
The camera crew should have come to lj yesterday, they could have filmed me carrying my PA underwater upside-down

AGAIN!!!

Dirty Curti 10-24-2015 02:12 PM

It was alright, I enjoyed it. Didn't care for the repeated bendo shot reel screem. I hope we don't see that 10 times every show. But I always enjoy a good fish and catch especially with the Kayaks. Biting the head of the octopus was cool. It turned white & went limp instantly. I'm gonna try that with my next Yellow.:yt::drool5:

I'll watch it again!

jorluivil 10-24-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacmik (Post 245549)
AGAIN!!!

Yep.......sometimes we make it, sometimes we don't.

ctfphoto 10-24-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 245535)

Plus it can't hurt business :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D