Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   REPORT from paradise (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=32216)

makobob 11-17-2017 11:18 AM

REPORT from paradise

Last night I got a call from Dave and Shelly Sivac. They
are in Gonzaga and called to update me on conditions there.
They were enjoying a camp fire on our beach.
Dave caught cabrilla at the islands and got on some Roosters
but could not get them to go. Weather is awesome with little
wind and mild temperatures. You guys going for Thanksgiving
should have a great trip. Tight Lines amigos.
And HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Druko 11-17-2017 12:45 PM

Thanks for the report Bob! Heading down on Sunday for the week. Hoping to add a roosterfish to my list!!

Denis_Ruso 11-17-2017 01:37 PM

Thanks for the report bob.

Though everyone is heading further south, anyone else planning on being in Gonzaga over thanksgiving?

makobob 11-18-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 288126)
Thanks for the report bob.

Though everyone is heading further south, anyone else planning on being in Gonzaga over thanksgiving?

There will be a few in camp at mako-ville

Druko 11-18-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 288164)
There will be a few in camp at mako-ville

I was going to rush it down to Gonzaga after my ride to Asuncion couldn't take me and not wanting to drive the long trek alone to Ross's again after doing it just last month. Woke up this morning and wasn't feeling too positive about the wind forecast in Gonzaga, so I'll be going to Asuncion & Abreaojos for round two.
Might stop on the way home if the winds looks good.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

makobob 11-19-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 288167)
I was going to rush it down to Gonzaga after my ride to Asuncion couldn't take me and not wanting to drive the long trek alone to Ross's again after doing it just last month. Woke up this morning and wasn't feeling too positive about the wind forecast in Gonzaga, so I'll be going to Asuncion & Abreaojos for round two.
Might stop on the way home if the winds looks good.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

What winds, all I saw were 10 mph or lower.

Denis_Ruso 11-20-2017 07:59 AM

Forecast is looking really good for Friday and Saturday.

Hope your doing better Bob!

makobob 11-20-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 288222)
Forecast is looking really good for Friday and Saturday.

Hope your doing better Bob!

Yep toe is healing well. Thanks amigo. Just talked with Dave Sivak. They got back from Gonzaga last night. Lots of sierra, cabrilla and they saw roosters too. Bring a jacket cause it was 60 degrees at night, campfire was great.

ProfessorLongArms 11-20-2017 11:08 AM

Hi Bob! Long time listener first time caller, big fan :D

Curious if you have any slots between Xmas and NYE.

Looks like a perfect spot to get out on the water with my dad over the holiday. He moved up to NorCal over the summer and it’s been tough to get together since. He lit up when I told him what I’d been reading on here. He also is waaaay overdue for a fly-rod in hand.

No worries if not. Will give us time to do proper planning for an ‘18 trip if you’re full.

makobob 11-20-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms (Post 288228)
Hi Bob! Long time listener first time caller, big fan :D

Curious if you have any slots between Xmas and NYE.

Looks like a perfect spot to get out on the water with my dad over the holiday. He moved up to NorCal over the summer and it’s been tough to get together since. He lit up when I told him what I’d been reading on here. He also is waaaay overdue for a fly-rod in hand.

No worries if not. Will give us time to do proper planning for an ‘18 trip if you’re full.

I will be in camp from noon on the 26th of December until the 2nd of Janurary come on down and enjoy paradise. Tight Lines amigos.

ProfessorLongArms 12-01-2017 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 288230)
I will be in camp from noon on the 26th of December until the 2nd of Janurary come on down and enjoy paradise. Tight Lines amigos.

Thanks Bob! Do you know of anyone else planning to make that trip?
I do like the sound of a caravan.

Baja_Traveler 12-01-2017 07:07 AM

I'll be also going if you have a need or want to follow someone.

Bob - I'll be bringing two 7 gallon water containers filled with distilled water for the batteries at the house and camp.

ProfessorLongArms 12-01-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 288558)
I'll be also going if you have a need or want to follow someone.

Bob - I'll be bringing two 7 gallon water containers filled with distilled water for the batteries at the house and camp.

Nice!

I probably should have looked at a map before asking :)
Mag Bay might be a bit further than I want to go for my first trip down.
My dad will already be driving down from Willits to LA for our rendezvous...

Is anyone going to be in Gonzaga or anywhere further up the peninsula for that period? Depending on how early to mid '18 trips shape up, we might just punt otherwise.

Baja_Traveler 12-01-2017 09:07 AM

Gonzaga is where we are talking about - Mag Bay got indefinitely postponed due to Bob's toe situation...

ProfessorLongArms 12-01-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 288571)
Gonzaga is where we are talking about - Mag Bay got indefinitely postponed due to Bob's toe situation...

Unfortunate about the toe. Great news about Gonzaga. We will very likely be there. I will shoot you a PM shortly to discuss caravan details.

makobob 12-01-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms (Post 288573)
Unfortunate about the toe. Great news about Gonzaga. We will very likely be there. I will shoot you a PM shortly to discuss caravan details.

Glan to have you on board, might be 6 in camp so it should be a great get together. Hope you can mke it.

ProfessorLongArms 12-01-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 288574)
Glan to have you on board, might be 6 in camp so it should be a great get together. Hope you can mke it.

Wonderful! I just confirmed with my dad, and we’re both very excited. I’ll read the site, and probably be in touch soon with a million and one questions :)

stevie951 12-01-2017 04:21 PM

Bob, if you don't mind i think i'll tag along on the trip @ the end of this month. It's been too long since i have had some real mexican food :D:p What's biting this time of year?

Cheers

makobob 12-01-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 288591)
Bob, if you don't mind i think i'll tag along on the trip @ the end of this month. It's been too long since i have had some real mexican food :D:p What's biting this time of year?

Cheers

Welcome back amigo.