Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Morning Tide Fishing (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=21902)

blitzburgh 05-06-2014 02:19 PM

Morning Tide Fishing

So this is fairly nuts....Badass....but nuts :D

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ob5l1lkV-pg" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

MrPatrick 05-06-2014 02:44 PM

Fairly nuts???????????
Yak joes boys!!!

Tuff guy 05-06-2014 02:45 PM

Was that a tuna he caught from shore?!

MrPatrick 05-06-2014 03:19 PM

Tuna and yellowtail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LawDog 05-06-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPatrick (Post 193012)
Fairly nuts???????????
Yak joes boys!!!

Nah man, yak joe only fishes open waters. That looks like mission bay ski beach.

And...was that a snuf film I just watched?:eek:

MrPatrick 05-06-2014 05:12 PM

Not yak Joe, his boys. They don't know him either!

WildernessWanker 05-06-2014 05:45 PM

Crazy video, talk about risk vs reward! If there were fish like that being caught off the rocks down here you'd have every yahoo with a $20 Wal-Mart combo out there trying to get one, which would result in countless hours spent by the USCG hauling bodies ashore.

Bert Vega 05-06-2014 05:53 PM

Those rocks look sharp in the video. Can only imagine how they look in real life.

Hobie-Pedaller 05-06-2014 06:23 PM

very cool & crazy video.

the C&R of all those awesome fish is one of my fav parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildernessWanker (Post 193037)

Crazy video, talk about risk vs reward! .....

no doubt !! risk & reward are both huge there !!

those are some brave & daring fishermen.

notice every one of them look very in shape, thin, muscular, athletic, etc.

most people just could not physically even do that, without serious injury.

i suspect even those experienced guys, have serious accidents/injuries on those rocks at times. :eek:

Deamon 05-06-2014 06:32 PM

Tell me where...I am there. Wow...

ful-rac 05-06-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 193045)

That looks a lot like castro's after we left...

5-20 05-06-2014 09:46 PM

Too awesome. Seems to be somewhat similar to what it takes to catch an Ulua (giant jack trevally) out of the surf at hawaii which, sadly, I did not do even though it was all I thought about in the days leading up to my trip to oahu several years ago.

Fiskadoro 05-07-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 193045)

It's Western Australia. About half way through you'll see a long skinny fish that looks like a King Mackerel (Gulf), or Wahoo. It's actually the Australian Spanish Mackerel, or more technically a Narrow Barred Spanish Mackerel and they've always had a shore based fishery for them. Lots of big fish including Treveli Tuna and sharks get caught by guys fishing for Spanish Macs off the cliffs.

This is one of those things where they are trying to make a big new dramatic thing out of something that's been going on for decades. Most don't know about the fishery because the Northern regions of Western Australia are one of the remotest places on the planet, and few people make the trip to go fish for them. If I had to guess I'd say they are fishing either off Dirk Harthog Island or up at Cape Range National Park which is pretty much the middle of nowhere.

I've always wanted to fish there, and even considered moving to Western Australia at one time but it's just too far away, and it's a hard place to make a living. To give you an idea of how remote this area is the only town of any size for a 1000 kilometers is Exmouth and it has a population of something like a 1000 people. Perth has over a million people but it's way south of where they are fishing.

Most people who do fish for them do so in a sane manner.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vOp-lL1Ve0s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

addicted2sp33d 05-07-2014 07:27 AM

Wow. :eek: All those barnacles on the rocks look really sharp.

These guys must have giant huevos.

Dannowar 05-07-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiskadoro (Post 193072)
It's Western Australia. About half way through you'll see a long skinny fish that looks like a King Mackerel (Gulf), or Wahoo. It's actually the Australian Spanish Mackerel, or more technically a Narrow Barred Spanish Mackerel and they've always had a shore based fishery for them. Lots of big fish including Treveli Tuna and sharks get caught by guys fishing for Spanish Macs off the cliffs.

This is one of those things where they are trying to make a big new dramatic thing out of something that's been going on for decades. Most don't know about the fishery because the Northern regions of Western Australia are one of the remotest places on the planet, and few people make the trip to go fish for them. If I had to guess I'd say they are fishing either off Dirk Harthog Island or up at Cape Range National Park which is pretty much the middle of nowhere.

I've always wanted to fish there, and even considered moving to Western Australia at one time but it's just too far away, and it's a hard place to make a living. To give you an idea of how remote this area is the only town of any size for a 1000 kilometers is Exmouth and it has a population of something like a 1000 people. Perth has over a million people but it's way south of where they are fishing.

Most people who do fish for them do so in a sane manner.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vOp-lL1Ve0s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

You left out the part about gigantic, aggressive great whites EVERYWHERE.