Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Doorstep Yellowtail (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31491)

FullFlavorPike 07-11-2017 08:18 AM

succulent little pork chop of a yt right there

goldenglory18 07-11-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike (Post 282645)
succulent little pork chop of a yt right there

Amen. I'm sitting here salivating at the idea of YT's hanging out inshore in LA Co...

Druko 07-11-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefish808 (Post 282628)
Nice fish. If you don't mind me asking, what rod and reel did you get your yellow on? Like a 200 size reel?

Daiwa Lexa 300 and 8ft Shimano TMCX80MB

Druko 07-11-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike (Post 282645)
succulent little pork chop of a yt right there

Indeed! but he lived to fight another day

Druko 07-11-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDROB (Post 282599)
Damn, I got to get an extra yak. Nice work homie!

Do it! you can leave it at my place....

joefish808 07-11-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 282658)
Daiwa Lexa 300 and 8ft Shimano TMCX80MB

Thanks for the response. It must've been a blast on the Lexa 300 amd teramar. For sec I thought you caught that on a 200+ size reel and 7 ft casting bass rod...that would've been badass but challenging to land

goldenglory18 07-11-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefish808 (Post 282685)
...For sec I thought you caught that on a 200+ size reel and 7 ft casting bass rod...that would've been badass but challenging to land

Challenge accepted! LOL

joefish808 07-11-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenglory18 (Post 282689)
Challenge accepted! LOL

:) nice, let us know if you do.

I've caught some pretty big bonito (up to 13 lbs) on a 200 series Curado and 7 ft 2 bass rod, but haven't hooked up yet on a 10-15 lb yellow.

rossman 07-14-2017 04:56 PM

Great job man. That is a good day no matter where you are. When you coming down here again? You are the only one to challenge these grumpy calicos in Asuncion and they are getting lethargic.

On the subject of catching on light outfits, Steveooo and a few of his friends had a year long contest a few years back to see who could catch the largest fish on the Pocket Fisherman or the Snoopy Rod and Reel. There were stories of some melted plastic gears but I always thought that was a cool little challenge between friends.

Druko 07-14-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 282851)
Great job man. That is a good day no matter where you are. When you coming down here again? You are the only one to challenge these grumpy calicos in Asuncion and they are getting lethargic.

On the subject of catching on light outfits, Steveooo and a few of his friends had a year long contest a few years back to see who could catch the largest fish on the Pocket Fisherman or the Snoopy Rod and Reel. There were stories of some melted plastic gears but I always thought that was a cool little challenge between friends.

Hi Ross,
I'm planning to see you in October. Can't wait to piss them bass off again. How's the fishing been?

rossman 07-15-2017 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 282869)
Hi Ross,
I'm planning to see you in October. Can't wait to piss them bass off again. How's the fishing been?

Fishing for yellows has been less than stellar this spring and summer. We have had a cold water blob here since February. It seems to be warming a bit in the last week so I'm hopeful. Some log barracuda around now and tons of bait all of a sudden; both precursors of a good yellowtail bite. Been having fun with bottom fish lately. Jumbo sheepshead and white fish are abundant and even discovered that rock fish are available that no one pays any attention to.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.