Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tim Niemier's Amazing New Kayak! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31703)

buddha 08-11-2017 11:32 AM

Tim Niemier's Amazing New Kayak!

Tim Niemier's NEW AMAZING NEW KAYAK

I met Tim Niemier today in La Jolla and tried out his new kayak design.

This kayak was without a doubt the best performing sit on top kayak I have ever paddled. It tracked really well with the skeg in the back, very stable and great secondary stability, and a fast kayak at 14 ft. long. It out performed my Ocean Kayak Trident 13 considerably and handled very nicely going through the surf and landing.

I was also surprised at how comfortable sitting in this kayak was without a seat. It gave nice lower lumbar support and was ergonomically designed for sitting and also having your feet below the waterline gave you added stability.

For a sit on top kayak it offers amazing performance and speed unlike any other other sit on top kayak I have ever experienced in almost 20 years of paddling sit on top kayaks.

He also brought along his original fiberglass production kayak from back in 1971.

Sdspeed 08-11-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 284234)
Tim Niemier's NEW AMAZING NEW KAYAK

I met Tim Niemier today in La Jolla and tried out his new kayak design.

This kayak was without a doubt the best performing sit on top kayak I have ever paddled. It tracked really well with the skeg in the back, very stable and great secondary stability, and a fast kayak at 14 ft. long. It out performed my Ocean Kayak Trident 13 considerably and handled very nicely going through the surf and landing.

I was also surprised at how comfortable sitting in this kayak was without a seat. It gave nice lower lumbar support and was ergonomically designed for sitting and also having your feet below the waterline gave you added stability.

For a sit on top kayak it offers amazing performance and speed unlike any other other sit on top kayak I have ever experienced in almost 20 years of paddling sit on top kayaks.

He also brought along his original fiberglass production kayak from back in 1971.

Is it this one?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

buddha 08-11-2017 11:56 AM

Yes

cabojohn 08-11-2017 01:27 PM

Interesting.:)
composite / carbon version got my attention.
I think I will wait and see. I would like a test paddle.

tacmik 08-11-2017 02:49 PM

Looks nice. Hope they put the rod pod in it AND a cup holder. Now just have to wait for the price.

Baja_Traveler 08-11-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacmik (Post 284243)
Looks nice. Hope they put the rod pod in it AND a cup holder. Now just have to wait for the price.

If its composite the price is going to be a lot steeper than the rotomolded kayaks we are used to - even by Hobie price standards. But, it will be light, strong and fast for sure - jumping in my glass touring kayak is heaven to paddle compared to the plastic boats I use most...

GTboosted 08-11-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 284245)
If its composite the price is going to be a lot steeper than the rotomolded kayaks we are used to - even by Hobie price standards. But, it will be light, strong and fast for sure - jumping in my glass touring kayak is heaven to paddle compared to the plastic boats I use most...

It also restricts you from launching in rocky beaches.

Silbaugh4liberty 08-12-2017 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabojohn (Post 284241)
Interesting.:)
composite / carbon version got my attention.
I think I will wait and see. I would like a test paddle.

Same here.....37lbs!!!! Sure beats my 75+ lb x-Factor.