Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   West Coast Whoppers 2011 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   July Subs (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10965)

sharonkayak 07-27-2011 08:41 AM

July Subs

4 Attachment(s)
I was going to wait to post last minute, but since I am home sick with bronchitis I might as well. I was planning to fish hard this week and try once again for a slam.

I am sometimes more into the nature out there and the last 2 days I have been whale watching when I should of been fishing.

I caught a personal best yellowtail this month. I also finally got on board with a better gaffing technique. trying to punch a fish with a gaff is pretty hard, but if you go from under the fish and pull up Much Easier...duhh

yellowtail live bait 29lbs and some change. 41 inch at fork.

MY WSB was a good fighter. I am not a fan of night fishing. Those are the times I actually wish I was on a boat. Sleeping! There is not much to do out there besides sit and wait. maybe I should get a fish finder with a portable dvd player in it..

WSB 39lbs and some change on live bait. 50 inch at tail.

j mo 07-27-2011 08:56 AM

youre kind of a stud!:cheers1:

bellcon 07-27-2011 09:14 AM

Excellent
great job keeping your big fish streak alive
:cheers1:

RK 07-27-2011 09:31 AM

I think you got me sick........ two days in bed and counting...... Those are awesome fish well done :luxhello:

wade 07-27-2011 09:44 AM

Congrats Sharon!!!!:you_rock::cheers1::wsb::yt:

hope ya feel betta soon!!!!!!!

Regor 07-27-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonkayak (Post 90650)
I was going to wait to post last minute, but since I am home sick with bronchitis I might as well. I was planning to fish hard this week and try once again for a slam.

I caught a personal best yellowtail this month. I also finally got on board with a better gaffing technique. trying to punch a fish with a gaff is pretty hard, but if you go from under the fish and pull up Much Easier...duhh

yellowtail live bait 29lbs and some change. 41 inch at fork.

MY WSB was a good fighter. I am not a fan of night fishing. Those are the times I actually wish I was on a boat. Sleeping! There is not much to do out there besides sit and wait. maybe I should get a fish finder with a portable dvd player in it..

WSB 39lbs and some change on live bait. 50 inch at tail.

Great month for ya, nice YT & WSB!
And rest assured, I won't be fighting you for 3rd. I've been gone on work travel for a while in July, not a fan of fishing in the dark, and taking some time to enjoy fishing versus fighting for what will only be 2nd place. :rolleyes:

dos ballenas 07-27-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regor (Post 90663)
Great month for ya, nice YT & WSB!
And rest assured, I won't be fighting you for 3rd. I've been gone on work travel for a while in July, not a fan of fishing in the dark, and taking some time to enjoy fishing versus fighting for what will only be 2nd place. :rolleyes:

More like you ran out of money and can't pay for a guide again ;)

Regor 07-27-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 90677)
More like you ran out of money and can't pay for a guide again ;)

Damn .... sorry to hear that is how you catch all your fish ...

Me? I must be a quick learner, cause I only have fished with the Dark one once and every trip since that has been solo,,,, (yep - freezer is full) ;)

coxtanker421 07-27-2011 01:22 PM

hi sharon,
congrats. this is anthony. want to fish together again sometime? maybe show me the ropes:reel:

dos ballenas 07-27-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regor (Post 90680)
Damn .... sorry to hear that is how you catch all your fish ...

Me? I must be a quick learner, cause I only have fished with the Dark one once and every trip since that has been solo,,,, (yep - freezer is full) ;)

Don't worry, I have lots of money to waste:sifone:

BTW Sharon :you_rock: Sorry for the thread jack... you're killing it this year!

If it wasn't for the fact that most of your competition subscibes to Darkeydonkey.com you would be winning this thing!

dorado50 07-27-2011 01:54 PM

Its a loop hole in the rules, a loop hole that I would of never have thought of!(wish I had) Perfectly legal but morally incorrect...A beautiful pair of fish Sharonkayak:luxhello:

roby 07-27-2011 02:21 PM

Way to go Sharon!!!! :luxhello:

theluckypig 07-28-2011 03:19 AM

:cheers1:

sharonkayak 07-31-2011 11:45 AM

I came soo close today to a slam. had the halibut right alongside the boat, then it freaked out. I thought I was stuck on bottom at first...definatly was the size I was looking for..

sh$#@T

deepdvr 07-31-2011 12:24 PM

Mutant shoulders on the YT!!!! That sucker had been working out everyday.

Another great month!!!

I concede 2nd place to you......for now. :o:o:o:o:o

Maybe I should hire Das Ballerinas so I can keep up with Sharon in this competition? We can work on casting irons at kayakers who come within range of our little aluminum dinghy.

Whizz Bang 07-31-2011 09:07 PM

I am confused, Josh is not in any of these pictures....what's up with that?????

Well done on a couple of nice ones.

roadx 08-01-2011 04:25 PM

wow! what can say but wow :) nice fish!!! :cheers1: