Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Aaron&Julie passed away (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=32364)

Kennyblair 12-25-2017 09:49 AM

Aaron&Julie passed away

My name is Kenny Blair, I joined the forum so I could announce to the San Diego area kayak fishing community the sad news of the passing of both Aaron and his girlfriend Julie. It’s Christmas Day and I just got the news a couple days ago. Julie somehow accidentally died Dec 8th. Nobody knows anything much more than that right now. Aaron told no one, not any family or friends, of her dying. About a week later, Aaron took his own life as we all assume he could not go on without her. All the details are still vague as waiting for coroner reports and toxicology on both of them. He died in his own bed. They lived together many years in Spring Valley and loved fishing LJ. Aaron Brenner and I started fishing together A LOT when we met at age 13. We are both 57. We went on so many different fishing adventures together from fishing off the rocks of South Laguna to deckhanding together way off shore in Mexican waters. I was a deckhand for many years and he soon joined the navy at the time getting work on boats slowed down. I have not seen Aaron in many many years but we talked on FB and I loved seeing his impressive catches from his yak. Today, I was going through posts here and FB, admiring pics of some really nice 50 lb WSB, nice halibut and so on. I’m not sure how many members knew Aaron & Julie but I thought I would make this known to the community that really mattered to him.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegall...julieaaron.jpg

ful-rac 12-25-2017 10:11 AM

Wow...how sad...

At least they were not apart for long.

God bless both of them.

Saba Slayer 12-25-2017 10:12 AM

Wow

Wow...sad news...they've been a part of the kayak fishing community for many years! And Julie had some impressive record catches...!
Their presence will be missed!
Thank you Kenny.
I'm ready for a better happier year in 2018...!:cheers1::cheers1:

jorluivil 12-25-2017 10:59 AM

sad news.

The pain and sorrow that one goes through after losing someone close to you cannot be described in words, It'll bring a grown man to his knees........it happened to me when we lost my daughter about 2 months ago. I can't imagine what was going through Aarons mind but it's obvious that it was more than he could handle.

May they both rest in peace.

TheBentRod 12-25-2017 11:22 AM

Sad news!

They were the most amazing couple example for the kayak fishing community.

makobob 12-25-2017 12:24 PM

It is difficult to loose family or friends, specially hard during the Holidays, may the fishing Gods open their arms and embrace them. Such a loss for our community. May they rest in peace.

landwhale 12-25-2017 01:41 PM

Such a great loss to the community they will be missed my thoughts and prayers

rossman 12-25-2017 03:47 PM

Truly truly a great loss to the community. Their screen name was Aaron&Julie and you were never sure who was posting or who was responding to a post but it never mattered. Both total class acts. I've seen them on the water several times. Always near each other, and always quick with a greeting. A sad situation.

FISH11 12-25-2017 04:06 PM

I had never met them, but have followed a lot of their posts. It truly is a huge loss to the kayak fishing community, very sad news.

Holy Mackerel 12-25-2017 06:32 PM

How tragic... I remember seeing them all the time paddling their FnDs, always friendly. RIP

steveooo 12-25-2017 07:35 PM

Woah. How sad.
As far as I know Julie holds the women’s line class record for CA halibut. She’s the one holding the doormat halibut that looks comically big on the pics that rotate on the front page of BWE.

May they both Rest In Peace.

Chuck D 12-26-2017 07:26 AM

So sad to hear. I had to the chance to meet the couple once and they were very kind people, terrible loss. Life is short, got to enjoy every day you have. Thoughts are with their families.

Tandem Assassin 12-26-2017 08:39 AM

I am 57 years old and I have had and know of several friends and people taking their life's this year (in their late 50's) for one reason or another.

I know Aaron lost his love and that had to be the driving force that pushed him to make the decision to join his best friend.

The world is just getting so tough to make a living and keep your head above water that folks just get tired fighting the fight.

Stay strong my friends and take time to look at a sunrise or sunset. Take a minute or two everyday to get a breath of fresh air. And please make sure to call a friend when you find yourself down.

The world needs anglers and our stories!

blitzburgh 12-26-2017 12:42 PM

So sad. Prayers for their loved ones.

kurt 12-26-2017 07:31 PM

Terrible. RIP.

radastaff 12-27-2017 08:00 AM

So sad
I too have followed their adventures throughout the years,
even though we never met, they felt like family.

Paul

Iceman 12-27-2017 08:02 AM

A couple who were a big part of the original kayak fishing community. I am always deeply saddened when someone is so lost and alone that they will choose to end this precious life we live.

katchfish 12-27-2017 08:04 AM

We live in a tragic kingdom.

They had their own unique style, which was effective.

May they both rest in peace.

octico 12-27-2017 08:21 AM

Whoa ..... terrible news. At least they are both at rest.

lbsurf2ca 12-27-2017 07:23 PM

Sad to hear of this. Definitely followed their post over the years and enjoyed their old school kayak approach. Rest in Peace Aaron&Julie.

Margarita Mike 12-28-2017 06:09 AM

So sad to here about Aaron &Julie. They were always so good to be around and fish with. I remember Aaron and I running after a guy that hit Aarons new truck many years ago at La Jolla. The guy got away and Aaron said Karma will get him, and went on his way to fish. They were always refreshing to be around. RIP

summers in kuwait 12-28-2017 12:46 PM

Really sad news. Had the pleasure of fishing with this couple multiple times at LJ and Mission over the years. They both were always very sweet, warm and willing to discuss the fishing.

Thoughts and love to their family.

Godspeed.

Croaker Dave 12-29-2017 04:01 PM

Such tragic news and a terrible loss. They were a special part of this kayak fishing community, both on the water and on line. I always felt that they were lucky to have each other and be able to share this great sport together.

bwana 12-31-2017 07:13 PM

I am stunned. How tragic.

"Aaron&Julie" said it all - always together.

Their adventures from the early days of the Mafia shaped that website.

You will both be missed.

tunaseeker 01-01-2018 08:50 AM

I remember reading her posts, great reads.
Sad...

dpasinli 01-04-2018 03:27 PM

Hard to hear let alone believe, so sad....RIP and hold on to your loved ones.

Dan 01-04-2018 04:27 PM

ooooff that is quite a sad story.

They were some of the originals. I remember many days with them stoked on their catches out at the jewel. They would fish all day long and never drift more than 40ft from each other.

acorad 01-04-2018 05:46 PM

This is too sad for words. RIP Aaron&Julie.

Andy

Fishin Phil 01-06-2018 01:43 PM

I was at work yesterday on my afternoon break when I read this. I was shocked and saddened by what happened. I have always looked forward to reading Aaron & Julie posts over the years. They always had a way with words. I hope the families and friends will be comforted during their mourning. Kenny thank you for sharing with this forum.

kayakfisherman 01-07-2018 05:34 PM

I first met Aaron and Julie in 2003. It was our first club meeting in Dana Point for the Dana Point Kayak Mafia. I have so many stories about those two. The best one is me finding them fast asleep in their pickup trucks at Dana's Boneyard parking lot. Since it was 6am, I woke them up and said it's time to fish. They said they'd been lobstering all night and were catching a few zzzz's before going back out again. Very hard core.

And oh, if you look back at Aaron's old posts, here on BWE, he always refers to "you should of been here 10 years ago." He was referring to 2004 when the yellowtail summer bite was wide open all summer long. Check out the pic. Multiple yellows and good sized bonito. My kayak is in the background on the right, and that's Dr. Vey behind us. We had a total blast that summer!

Rest in peace you guys. Yanni
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegall...23_preview.jpg

RK 01-08-2018 01:55 PM

Very sad to hear LJ fixtures.

PAL 01-11-2018 05:19 PM

Such sad, unbelievable news! Aaron and Julie... I got to know them a bit after Julie caught her record halibut up in Dana. It made all the papers. They were such a delight to talk with, Aaron was so proud of his lady. She was one heck of an angler. Stalwarts, both.

When you lose someone you love more than life itself, it's hard to go on.

Jorluivil, I'm saddened to read of the passing of your daughter. A terrible, terrible thing to lose a child. Having lived it, I can't imagine any harder blow. I wish you didn't have to go through it.

LEEZO 01-11-2018 05:51 PM

i never met them, just read their posts. from what i read they seemed like genuine people. sorry to hear this.

Piranha 01-11-2018 11:46 PM

RIP Aaron and Julie.

I had the pleasure of fishing with them various times at Dana and I well remember when Julie got her monster halibut and then dropped immediately down and got a second whopper. I believe it was a record for Maxima line . I forget the lb.test. Aaron and I were friends, in spite of the distance between our locations! This is tragic news and they will be missed so much. RIP Aaron and Julie.

SquidJig 01-12-2018 03:19 PM

Somehow I managed never to meet Aaron&Julie but this sad news has me in tears. Theirs was a positive presence on the bigwatersedge and I always liked the idea that there was a couple out on the water sharing a love for our sport. May their lines always be tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Rex 01-13-2018 07:30 PM

Very saddened to read this. I met Julie and Aaron many times over the years at LJ and Dana. They were genuinely nice people and will be missed by the BWE community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the dude 01-13-2018 07:32 PM

still remember the pic of her with the two huge hali's. Someone should post that. Sad day.

h2ofishfo 01-14-2018 02:17 PM

Dang just saw this very sad . Very nice couple bummer

MITCHELL 01-23-2018 08:01 AM

Grieving deeply over this sad news...

I didn't no Julie or Aaron personally, but have read there posts and I have some good and not so good memories from living in spring valley twice.
I feel like this sad news hits close to home.
What's good about BWE is it brings the same kind of people together oceanic people of the sea....may there spirits rest together in heaven John 3:16

Scoot 01-23-2018 05:21 PM

So sad

To hear this news! Haven't been on here in
Awhile. Good people, old schoolers fosho!
RIP to a couple of very cool people! Sad!