Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Jetty fishing (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=33559)

CaliHalikiller 10-14-2018 06:41 PM

Jetty fishing

Heading down to El cajon this weekend thinking of taking my boy fishing any good spots and advice would be appreciated

Mahigeer 10-15-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliHalikiller (Post 297833)
Heading down to El cajon this weekend thinking of taking my boy fishing any good spots and advice would be appreciated

Are you going kayak fishing?

if not, I recommend one of many piers available in San Diego.

No license needed for you and under 16 kids.

Pierfishing.com website has a lot information about pier fishing in California.

My preferred pier of course is in Catalina. But that is another story.

CaliHalikiller 10-15-2018 08:27 AM

No kayaking ust looking to fish off the jettys maybe bass or halibut

Mahigeer 10-15-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliHalikiller (Post 297844)
No kayaking ust looking to fish off the jettys maybe bass or halibut

Walking on jetty rocks is not too easy. Especially for kids.

Of course there are exceptions.

5-20 10-15-2018 10:20 AM

There’s been a lot of bonito around the Mission Bay jetty for the last week or two. Would probably be a fun trip for you and your kid.

Just throw some type of flashy metal jig that’s around an ounce to an ounce and half or two ounces and you should be able to get a few bites.

Early morning or at dusk would probably be the best times.

Be careful walking back on those rocks if you stay out after dark though. The MB jetty is really easy to walk on with a lot of flat rocks. Except when there’s a strong swell and all of the rocks become slick.

CaliHalikiller 10-15-2018 11:47 AM

Appreciate the info brother thats what I was looking for my boy not little 14 yrs old 6 foot 180 big boy we hunt n kayak fish all the time we're going to have about 5-6 hours in the morning to fish figured give it a shot

Hunters Pa 10-15-2018 01:10 PM

Try looking up tackle & bait shops near where you will be. They usually have the local info. Especially if you can go in and spend a little on bait or whatever

Mahigeer 10-15-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunters Pa (Post 297851)
Try looking up tackle & bait shops near where you will be. They usually have the local info. Especially if you can go in and spend a little on bait or whatever

Great tip.

CaliHalikiller 10-19-2018 02:18 PM

Mission Bay

Mission Bay it will be fishing lures and advice on spots where it is legal to fish

TCS 10-19-2018 02:34 PM

You could also jump on the half day boat out of seaforth landing. That’s what I do when I don’t have a lot of time.