Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   West Coast Whoppers 2011 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2011 WCW Leader Board (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10199)

RK 03-30-2012 08:48 AM

As this thing winds down I just wanna take a second and thank Andy and Adi, for putting this together. It's a great competition and has great people involved. To the competitors it was a pleasure chasing your points all year it's funny you want to hate all you guys in the beginning but your a great group of people that I'm stoked to have as friends and some really good fisher"men/women) as well. This for me is the end of my whopper campaign but I look forward to watching Don and Eric dominate next year. And Darkie your a hell of a good fisherman.. At the end of the day you guys forced me to fish days I shouldn't have and catch fish I lose sleep over. Thanks for keeping the stoke alive!!! I just can't be bothered to catch baby halibut anymore.

jorluivil 03-30-2012 02:36 PM

^^^^^What he said^^^^^^

This was my first year so I'd have to say that 6th place(7th if Regor doesn't have anything) isn't to bad for a rookie. I really enjoyed all the smack talking, leaving Roby in my dust and ALMOST catching up to my buddy RK but as said previously, special thanks to Andy and Adi for putting this together and to the rest of the players for joining an awesome contest.

Can't wait to see what WCW 2012 will be like. Maybe add something in the contest that gives points for catch and release? Perhaps, add a catch n release bass section?

Again....thanks for the good times. Till we meet again!!!!:D

RK 03-30-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 111976)
ALMOST catching up to my buddy RK:D

I havnt posted my submissions for March..... Your not even close;)
(the first post i forgot to add a smiley that makes it less mean)

jorluivil 03-30-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RK (Post 112007)
I havnt posted my submissions for March..... Your not even close

I was speaking in past past past tense. Nonetheless, congrats!

-scallywag- 03-30-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RK (Post 112007)
I havnt posted my submissions for March

"submissions"....as in more than one?

Funny i didnt even hear of fish caught in LJ all month :icon_bs:

Regor 03-30-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RK (Post 111919)
As this thing winds down I just wanna take a second and thank Andy and Adi, for putting this together. It's a great competition and has great people involved. To the competitors it was a pleasure chasing your points all year it's funny you want to hate all you guys in the beginning but your a great group of people that I'm stoked to have as friends and some really good fisher"men/women) as well. This for me is the end of my whopper campaign but I look forward to watching Don and Eric dominate next year. And Darkie your a hell of a good fisherman.. At the end of the day you guys forced me to fish days I shouldn't have and catch fish I lose sleep over. Thanks for keeping the stoke alive!!! I just can't be bothered to catch baby halibut anymore.

X3 !

I fished more than I ever planned, and can blame that squarely on the WCW, and the great participants!

I gave it one more shot today, as the swell is building, and the waves are starting to pump. No squid, even finbait was more scarce than it's been in a while. Couldn't get anything to bite, and it sounded like a ghost town out there, with no reels singing zzzzzzz.

Here's to all that participated :cheers1:, and to the top $$ makers :luxhello:

RK 03-30-2012 05:39 PM

Oh thats cause when fish are bleeding underneath a kayak in plain view they dont make much noise. I actually heard a rumor about a kid named scallywagamiah actually nailing a couple WCW worthy pigs this month. But rumors are gross like fish scales.

-scallywag- 03-30-2012 06:01 PM

hahaahaha....yeh those cbass have been thick in the kelp!!

its those pesky cedros YT and barndoor flatties that have been tough to pin down :doh:

sharonkayak 03-31-2012 02:11 PM

Good job everone.

We all fished hard. I definately put time into fishing this year. Learned alot, made new friends.

Congrads to all ! Especially the podium winners

Whizz Bang 03-31-2012 07:14 PM

Well done all.

Sharon, great run...you beat out alot of guys in this thing (myself included).

Danica Patrick may sell tickets, but she doesn't really win races-you were definitely selling tickets. Alot of us were checking in, just to see if you were still holding second. Thank you for keeping it interesting for us.

:you_rock::cheers1::you_rock:

WCW Moderator 04-01-2012 07:06 AM

Final scores posted! Let me know if I got it right :D

Great finish to the year long event, with some incredible fish caught. A nice tight race to get into the money kept things interesting right up to the end. Take a break from competitive fishing and we will be thinking what to do for the next WCW.

:luxhello::cheers1::reel::notworthy:

theluckypig 04-01-2012 09:31 AM

congrats to all! good times! :cheers1:

wade 04-01-2012 09:51 AM

What a race!:reel: Congrats to ALL! :cheers1::luxhello::you_rock:

RK 04-01-2012 12:18 PM

Big congratulations to Josh, Eric, and Don....

All night I thought Don got second and Eric 3rd, holy shit......
Well done again legends :cheers1:

-scallywag- 04-02-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCW Moderator (Post 112219)
Take a break from competitive fishing and we will be thinking what to do for the next WCW.

:luxhello::cheers1::reel::notworthy:

I have a few ideas as far as changes to the format.

1. 20lb min. size limit...I'm tired of seeing 11lb fish caught in the bay....after all this is BIG WATERS EDGE, WC WOPPERS, not a bay bass tourny!!

2. Since it seems like we have quite a few local guides and "pro staff" here, maybe there should be a "Pro-staff" division, who play for bragging rights.....that way the mere mortals who can only fish once a week and cant afford to hire a guide, exc.... have a shot at getting into the money and hopefully bring in more competitors.

You guys do a great job with these competitions....THANKS!!!

jorluivil 04-02-2012 11:04 AM

20lb minimum on Halibut
50lb minimum on Yellows
60lb minimum on WSB

That would make it exciting.

ful-rac 04-02-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 112380)
20lb minimum on Halibut
50lb minimum on Yellows
60lb minimum on WSB

Your on to something there.....

Regor 04-02-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 112380)
20lb minimum on Halibut
50lb minimum on Yellows
60lb minimum on WSB

Strictly weights, keep measuring devices out of the equation? Right George ;)

driftwood 04-02-2012 07:15 PM

And keep those tape shots wrinkle free!!!

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture002.jpg

GregAndrew 04-02-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -scallywag- (Post 112378)
I have a few ideas as far as changes to the format.

1. 20lb min. size limit...I'm tired of seeing 11lb fish caught in the bay....after all this is BIG WATERS EDGE, WC WOPPERS, not a bay bass tourny!!

2. Since it seems like we have quite a few local guides and "pro staff" here, maybe there should be a "Pro-staff" division, who play for bragging rights.....that way the mere mortals who can only fish once a week and cant afford to hire a guide, exc.... have a shot at getting into the money and hopefully bring in more competitors.

You guys do a great job with these competitions....THANKS!!!

You might as well just call it the La Jolla locals only tournament, cause you will not get anybody seriously participating outside of San Diego. If you are happy with a 5 person field, then by all means.