Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MLPA ROLL CALL: Saddle up! Dec 15, Final Meeting. Be there! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8868)

Fiskadoro 12-08-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenspearo (Post 70591)
We want to fill up the vehicles with fishermen/spearos to go to the meeting. Let's finish strong guys..... King Harbor is the location for car pool for LA. So I was told. Details to come.

I'm pretty close to King Harbor near LAX. I've got room for one in my truck or I could hop on with someone else for a more comfortable ride and better milage. For tuna trips we usually meet local at the Dinah's Restaurant parking lot in Culver city as it's right next to the 405 easy to get to and has street parking behind the lot that is usually empty in the mornings. They open at 6:00am if anyone wants quick breakfast before the ride up.

Jim

Fiskadoro 12-08-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblehide (Post 70600)
...this is an anchored thread, just in case you didn't notice.

Hey!!! No fair pointing out the obvious. That's no way to "Win Friends and Influence People". It looked like it was doing something even if it was somewhat ineffectual, so don't be too critical.

Hmmmmm..... Now why does that remind me of the whole MLPA process? :D

bellcon 12-08-2010 06:05 AM

Big Bump
:cheers1:

maui jim 12-08-2010 06:09 AM

Letter sent.......

FISHIONADO 12-08-2010 07:16 AM

Bump - This thread is not anchored. Hope to see many of you guys there.

Fiskadoro 12-08-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHIONADO (Post 70619)
Bump - This thread is not anchored. Hope to see many of you guys there.

That's weird for me it's the top of five stickies on this board, and not moving.
What settings are you guys running?

Jim

PAL 12-08-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:

I'm new to this whole process. How long does it take? What should I expect? I'm looking at taking the day off of work, but I would like to know how I should plan my day (I gotta give the wifey some kind of agenda). I'm from Los Angeles....thanks.
Welcome aboard! Thanks for pitching in when we need all the help we can get to defend our ocean access.

Please plan on arriving to the meeting no later than 8 am, an hour early.

The first thing everyone MUST do is get a speaker card. We should have people handing them out, but if we don't, you'll find a stack of them on a table at the meeting hall.

Decide whether you want to speak or cede (donate) your time to someone else on our side. We have heavy hitters who need it.

If you are willing to contribute your time, fill out the card, then find me or Wendy Tochihara. We'll match you up with a speaker. All those who cede time must be there when the cards are turned in.

If you are going to speak, fill out the card and turn it in to a commission staffer. Plan on 1 minute to address the issue. It could be more or less depending on turnout. This is the final scheduled hearing - expect a mob scene.

We don't know the size of the room. There's a chance it will fill to capacity. Take seats early and up front. If you're there, a blue shirt isn't.

The hearing will start at 9, if it starts on time. After any preliminaries, the public speaking session will start. It could go on for hours and hours. At the last meeting, it ran from roughly 10:15 to 4.

If you are ceding time, you'll be tempted to head out once your card has been turned in. Please stick around as long as you can stand it to lend support to our people. You want to be around for the UASC / SAC / PSO attorneys anyway.

Any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

FISHIONADO 12-08-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Day (Post 70620)
What settings are you guys running?

I was on a mobile phone, I see it now. :D

bubblehide 12-08-2010 09:28 AM

Bigger BUMP!:biggrinjester:

Iceman 12-08-2010 10:02 AM

Looks like I got work covered.........mmmmmmmm Sambos mini muffins! :D

http://www.sallybernstein.com/travel...s/SambosCA.jpg

JoeBeck 12-08-2010 10:08 AM

Shiloh and I, both my brothers and parents sent letters. I'm trying my hardest to make the meeting but not looking good. I work in the retail industry typically a tough time of the year to get off. I have to wait until next week to know for sure. Hope there is a good showing!

Tman 12-08-2010 03:51 PM

Ya just know I'll be there. Not taking the lad out of school for this one, may be too long of a day anyway...though it's well worth it.

I may try to put a speech together and need time ceded, be forewarned though...I recently came down with Tourette syndrome...:D

cowboybill 12-08-2010 05:04 PM

Cant be there

Damn..... I got a call early this week, I have been called into court on Wednesday, Dec 15th.

I did send a letter....

Thanks to all those going for us!:you_rock:

COWBOYBILL

OEX 12-08-2010 07:41 PM

OEX Mission Bay is heading north. Olson get the house ready for us!:cheers1:

driftwood 12-08-2010 09:11 PM

Ok, one more time!
I'll do my best to be there. This whole MLPA thing is just making me....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/...7ce_z.jpg?zz=1

FISHIONADO 12-10-2010 06:48 AM

Roll Call:

PAL
T-Man
Fishionado
Bellcon
Hypoxic1
dgax65
Zenspearo
MVC
roby
Jim Day
Iceman
OEX MB
driftwood

bellcon 12-10-2010 01:26 PM

Roll Call Bump

yakrider 12-10-2010 08:26 PM

I'm there!

mwm 12-10-2010 08:48 PM

Sent letters. Can't make this meeting. Hang tough Paul & all.

sandydiego 12-10-2010 10:13 PM

PAL- Thanks for pushing this. More Posters! I'll take my last vacation day to be there.

Steve