Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SAW A TON OF FISH (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28203)

Tandem Assassin 02-06-2016 09:59 AM

SAW A TON OF FISH

SAW A BUNCH OF FISH BEING PHOTOGRAPHED ON THE BEACH CAM TODAY - A ORANGE KAYAK HAD 3 AND HE WAS TAKING A PIC OF HIS BUDDY IN A GRAY HOBIE THAT HAD ONE...

Dannowar 02-06-2016 10:06 AM

Thanks for the detailed and timely report

jlabs63 02-06-2016 02:12 PM

Thanks for the report. What beach cam do you use?

Tandem Assassin 02-06-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlabs63 (Post 252894)
Thanks for the report. What beach cam do you use?

The one on this sight. The code group makes sure to stay out of the cameras range or stow their fish when they come in. But there were quite a few excited anglers coming in this morning eager to show off their morning catch.

TCS 02-06-2016 09:12 PM

I can do you one better. Not only did I see a guy who went fishing on a webcam, I even talked to one on the beach. If you scroll back to about 10 am I bet this conversation is documented on the tape. Anyway, that guy didn't catch anything, didn't see anything caught, didn't hear....
Now if only we could hear from someone who actually went fishing.
Better yet, go out and see.

Tandem Assassin 02-07-2016 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCS (Post 252909)
I can do you one better. Not only did I see a guy who went fishing on a webcam, I even talked to one on the beach. If you scroll back to about 10 am I bet this conversation is documented on the tape. Anyway, that guy didn't catch anything, didn't see anything caught, didn't hear....
Now if only we could hear from someone who actually went fishing.
Better yet, go out and see.

Code group says what? Am I going to believe you or my lying eyes?

ctfphoto 02-07-2016 05:46 AM

Well, I was suppose to go out today, but chose not to because I got an ON THE WATER REPORT that said it was very very slow and a ton of boats.

I choose to believe my friends over a internet post.

As to the code group thing, whatever that is .... no we land where we land because of surf conditions and launch conditions. I have never thought once about landing out of camera sight because of all the really big fish we have caught.

bolocop 02-07-2016 06:10 AM

SAW A TON OF FISH

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfphoto (Post 252915)
Well, I was suppose to go out today, but chose not to because I got an ON THE WATER REPORT that said it was very very slow and a ton of boats.

I choose to believe my friends over a internet post.

As to the code group thing, whatever that is .... no we land where we land because of surf conditions and launch conditions. I have never thought once about landing out of camera sight because of all the really big fish we have caught.

The code group sounds like a group of folks who share info only within the group. Same folks who report hot fishing a few weeks to a month later or never. Know anyone like that? Then you are it!

As far as outing folks who caught fish on the webcam, that isn't my style either, but I also post promptly when I catch. I use webcam time for personal intel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

driftwood 02-07-2016 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin (Post 252914)
Code group says what? Am I going to believe you or my lying eyes?

Instead of watching others catch a ton of fish why not go fishing yourself and catch a ton fish and report it. If that's something you really just have to do.

Chuck D 02-07-2016 07:01 AM

I usually wait till I see 5 fish on the webcam then rush down to get on the water, that way I am really sure there is a hot bite going on.

Tandem Assassin 02-07-2016 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 252918)
Instead of watching others catch a ton of fish why not go fishing yourself and catch a ton fish and report it. If that's something you really just have to do.

I have and do. My wife has pneumonia and there is no way I could justify going so I was stuck watching the camera.

If you can't be positive maybe you should put your pen in your pocket...

Raskal311 02-07-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolocop (Post 252917)
The code group sounds like a group of folks who share info only within the group. Same folks who report hot fishing a few weeks to a month later or never. Know anyone like that? Then you are it!

As far as outing folks who caught fish on the webcam, that isn't my style either, but I also post promptly when I catch. I use webcam time for personal intel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same folks who blur out everything but their smirky face and catch before posting a picture? LoL

Iceman 02-07-2016 07:26 AM

I think you are exaggerating, a "ton" ............even if they were 75 pound wsb would still have to be at least 25 fish :D

This time of year the fish will be onesy twosys for 10 days then bite good for 3 or 4............so fish when you can!

ctfphoto 02-07-2016 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolocop (Post 252917)

Or perhaps I was super busy with life, kids, business, rc cars, flooding, and hadn't had time post a super cool report .

But If I was in a wide open WSB bite, then I would NEVER report it in a timely manner on the INTERNET. Boaters monitor this site and boat MOTORS scare away WSB. The day I caught my 2, there was one powerboat. Slowly the word got out, fast forward a couple weeks later and there are 100 powerboats on the now non-existent bite.

619-SWIM-DOG 02-07-2016 07:30 AM

I caught a brown trout this morning after my coffee. Way hot :mad: damn salsa

jorluivil 02-07-2016 07:44 AM

I was there, fished from about 6 until 2, I was one of the ones that caught a ton of fish.

Here are the counts:

Greenbacks: 5
Spanish: 15
Other species: 0

driftwood 02-07-2016 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 619-SWIM-DOG (Post 252924)
I caught a brown trout this morning after my coffee. Way hot :mad: damn salsa

No pictures it didn't happen. :drool5:

driftwood 02-07-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 252926)
I was there, fished from about 6 until 2, I was one of the ones that caught a ton of fish.

Here are the counts:

Greenbacks: 5
Spanish: 15
Other species: 0

That's because there were like 50 boats on the water and everyone was busy dodging bullets. That was scary!!!!

Tandem Assassin 02-07-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 252922)
I think you are exaggerating, a "ton" ............even if they were 75 pound wsb would still have to be at least 25 fish :D

This time of year the fish will be onesy twosys for 10 days then bite good for 3 or 4............so fish when you can!

yeah - I wanted to change the title Andy but once you post you can't. I was going to change to 1/2 a ton..

Tandem Assassin 02-07-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 252927)
No pictures it didn't happen. :drool5:

Not my story so I did not copy from the camera...