Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Deere John it was green before it was yellow 7 / 6 / 16 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29487)

MITCHELL 07-06-2016 06:08 PM

Deere John it was green before it was yellow 7 / 6 / 16

5 Attachment(s)
It was a 3am launch expecting 1ft sea.....not 2hrs before low tide with the current pulling my canoe bow south so I start to walk my canoe out knowin this might be tough and sure enough all I could do was row my ass off after taking a wave over my bow made it through the surf with heart rate pounding I finally have time to take one hand off one oar and flip the bilge switch and pump out 3ins of water. So I put the juice to the trolling motor and head out to the squid spot and put the green light out no squid so I put on frozen squid on the dropper lupe and on the Danielson float for no bites by then it's getting light so I try for mackerel and start fishing after 3 greenbacks so I circled around the fleet on the inside side I got bit in 70 plus ft on the dropper lupe and bring to Gaff a 44in yellowtail my trolling motor keeps cutting out so I decided to head in I paddled through surf backwards with no problems it died down some i was back on solid ground : ) by 9 : 30 need to work out some problems before I take on surf again. ...tight lines my friends

Dannowar 07-06-2016 07:04 PM

Which one of your poor kids play sets did you steal that steering wheel from

batfish 07-06-2016 07:45 PM

Nice report, and nice catch.

JeffB 07-06-2016 09:48 PM

Nice yellow!

kareem korn 07-07-2016 04:46 AM

That steering wheel there would drive me nuts. *budump teshhh"

MITCHELL 07-07-2016 05:17 AM

I see you have no experience holding your arm backwards on an outboard or trolling motor

For long periods of time....I love it can watch my graph and turn on a dime with out a sore shoulder.

onetriphudson 07-07-2016 06:39 AM

Even in 1 ft surf, it takes some serious skills to navigate that rig out and back.

I'm truly impressed!

MITCHELL 07-07-2016 07:05 AM

Thanks

But two oars is like twin screws you can spin on your axcess making it easy to stay straight verses one screw or paddle if I had a pro angler I would try to unremoveable oars and row
in backwards....but my seat spins 360 degrees

Jizzling 07-07-2016 11:41 AM

That had to be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen in my entire life.:you_rock:

FullFlavorPike 07-07-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jizzling (Post 264767)
That had to be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen in my entire life.:you_rock:

Jajaja for sure, I was thinking, "Some people call it a kaiser blade I call it a sling blade"

But nice fish, you canoe paddling animal.

MITCHELL 07-07-2016 01:29 PM

I fished on the 4 of July

Launch at 12 midnight to ankle slappers. Anchord up put the green light out had schools of squid red crabs and harbor seals chasing the squid and eating them under my canoe.The squid would not hit my squid ganion.....maybe it was the harbor seals chasing them, maybe I need to put some meat on my squid jig.I almost netted one I'm thinking with chum and a thick school I'll be able to scoop some. Maybe the lone wolf kayaker out there no's how to hook the squid don't think he wanted any company

bracks 07-07-2016 01:41 PM

Glad you got one!

Took the afternoon shift yesterday; fished from 3-7. Sheets of mackerel chasing anchovies. Pinned a GBM on and took it for a tour. Great bait; no takers.

Phishphood 07-07-2016 03:24 PM

Nice fish!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

NICKWORN 07-08-2016 06:57 AM

My buddy

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 264771)
Launch at 12 midnight to ankle slappers. Anchord up put the green light out had schools of squid red crabs and harbor seals chasing the squid and eating them under my canoe.The squid would not hit my squid ganion.....maybe it was the harbor seals chasing them, maybe I need to put some meat on my squid jig.I almost netted one I'm thinking with chum and a thick school I'll be able to scoop some. Maybe the lone wolf kayaker out there no's how to hook the squid don't think he wanted any company

Yea hes an isolate fisherman, doesn't like company.

Reel Anxious 07-08-2016 08:35 AM

Way to hang in there Mitch. Nice fish.
Keep em coming.:reel:

Mr Fishback 07-08-2016 09:19 AM

Awesome catch! That is a sweet custom ride =D

MITCHELL 07-09-2016 01:37 AM

Maybe we could all............

Daisychain.....off my anchor and two full sized deep cycle batterys....lol.....kind of like a bait receiver

Big Wave Dave 07-09-2016 06:15 AM

You sir, are an animal! Nice catch and amazing ride. Never saw a setup like it.