Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   It was good but..it wasn't worth it! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=23475)

Deamon 10-03-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadx (Post 208088)
Greg, i think you need to invite me to every outing you go on(killing white bass, halibut and yellowtail) to ensure you have a buddy incase you go unconscious.

seriously Please invite me!

Yeah right RDX, get in line pal...cutting is not allowed. Jim

jorluivil 10-03-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadx (Post 208088)
Greg, i think you need to invite me to every outing you go on(killing white bass, halibut and yellowtail) to ensure you have a buddy incase you go unconscious.

seriously Please invite me!

I used to think I was crazy when I fished twice a week, then I met Greg:D

lowprofile 10-04-2014 04:16 AM

You gonna hit the local pool and practice deck ups?

Dane101 10-04-2014 08:20 AM

Maybe you should add weight to a lower (second rung) on your ladder.Just a couple ounce's of lead.Then it will hang down straight.

lowprofile 10-04-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane101 (Post 208153)
Maybe add weight to a lower second rung.Just a couple ounce's of lead.Then it will hang down straight.

or re enter from the side where you have the most leverage and two big ass handles to pull yourself up.

I like how there was no mention of the Diver who helped out. he kept you calm and stabilized your boat while you slinked your way up the back. who knows what would have happened if you didn't have that PFD on. Btw, the foam vests won't choke you and some act as a fishing vest to store pliers, knifes, lights etc.

johnnyblaze2009 10-04-2014 07:01 PM

Is it possible to show how you have the rope to flip your PA back over and the ladder system you came up with. It would help when trying to explain this to my dad who has flipped his before. Thanks in advance and I'm glad your ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

johnnyblaze2009 10-04-2014 07:07 PM

I must have skipped page 2. I seen the ladder. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

svendawg 10-05-2014 10:42 PM

Glad your safe

Just got back from trout fishing at Convict Lake for a week and read about your incident.
I'm glad your OK. Getting back into a PA can be a challange for us BIG boys. Your post and the video will be a good learning experience for those that are less prepared than you were.

MITCHELL 10-06-2014 01:45 AM

Glad you made it back save....I spear fish along with fishing in my kayak, dive fins are my safety feature. There on the back of my kayak at all times if I go into the water there the first things I put on. No problem getting back in any kayak with dive fins.i am a big boy to 265 worst scenario I'll swim in....

jorluivil 10-06-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowprofile (Post 208156)
or re enter from the side where you have the most leverage and two big ass handles to pull yourself up.

I like how there was no mention of the Diver who helped out. he kept you calm and stabilized your boat while you slinked your way up the back. who knows what would have happened if you didn't have that PFD on. Btw, the foam vests won't choke you and some act as a fishing vest to store pliers, knifes, lights etc.

What video were you watching?:cool:

Tony had his PA flipped over before Rick the diver showed up to the scene. Also, who do you think recovered all of the stuff that was floating around? It wasn't Nemo. As far as PFD's go, Tony wears that PFD for a reason.

lowprofile 10-07-2014 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 208311)
What video were you watching?:cool:

Tony had his PA flipped over before Rick the diver showed up to the scene. Also, who do you think recovered all of the stuff that was floating around? It wasn't Nemo. As far as PFD's go, Tony wears that PFD for a reason.

uh, the one posted in the other thread with the guy almost capsizing his kayak, again.