Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New guy soon to hit the water (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=18614)

Yakly 06-25-2013 04:26 PM

New guy soon to hit the water

Hey all, new guy here....

I just purchased a x-factor from OEX and hoping I can meet up with some of you guys for an intro to kayak fishing. I've been looking for a loooong time and finally pulled the trigger.

Oex is setting everything up for me so hopefully I'll be hitting the bay ( not ready for the open water) soon. Still purchasing a few items that I need but I'll get there. Just picked a few reels and sticks for the bay. All I had is big stuff for the big water so I figured I'd pick up some lighter stuff.

I've been filling the forums for sometime and trying to pickup as much as I can.

Well, that's my intro so hopefully a few of you guys will bite so I'm not trying to figure it out on my own. I see a lot of you guys have been willing to meet up to teach us new guys..... Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help.

BillzBaitz 06-25-2013 06:36 PM

Welcome aboard.. Im still new at this but there is a thread where some guys are meeting up at Tidelands byt he Coronado Bridge on Friday.. Its a great place to fish if you are just starting out..

Wish I could go but I have truck transmission issues and dont think she would make it back..

Yakly 06-25-2013 06:44 PM

Thanks for the info but I don't think my yak will be ready. Hopefully it will be ready by next weekend but Ill keep watching the post for opportunities. And bummer about the tranny problems.....

BillzBaitz 06-25-2013 06:45 PM

Thanks.. She was good truck so no complaints..

easyday 06-25-2013 10:21 PM

Hey I have an x factor as well and I love it. Im no pro by any means but im always up for meeting up and fishing. Let me know when and where.

vincentek9 06-25-2013 10:28 PM

newport harbor (newport) and alamitos bay (long beach) are two decent bays to try out fishing. both have lots of spotted bay bass. open water fishing is not scary as long as you keep an eye out on the swells, wakes, and dont go out on a windy day.

Yakly 06-26-2013 04:59 AM

Thanks guys.... As soon as I get my ride I'm definitely hitting the bays. I'll keep you guys posted and hopefully get a chance to meet yoy guys.

And I've heard and seen on here that both of those places are pretty good spots.

salty pirate 06-26-2013 05:43 AM

hey yakly, I live in Temecula too. if you want to stop by and check out my rigs or talk fishin hit me up.
vail lake is a great place to fish that is close by.

Raskal311 06-26-2013 06:13 AM

People including myself are always looking for someone to fish with.... Post of who's going where pops up near the end of the week if the weather looks good.

Yakly 06-26-2013 06:34 AM

Good to hear guys... I was hoping there was someone in Temecula that I could hookup with. Never been to Vail but looking forward to it. I saw that Diamond Valley doesn't allow sit on tops but whatever.

Salty Pirate, I'll definitely hit you up..

solyluna 06-26-2013 07:33 PM

can you post some pics of your set up
im working on a new x too
are you going to install trolling motor ?

BillzBaitz 06-26-2013 07:54 PM

solyluna welcome to the board and keep in mind if you add any kind of motor you have to register with the state..

Yakly 06-27-2013 09:27 AM

I just called OEX this morning, they said it should be in tomorrow and they'll start working on it. No, no trolling motor, I don't want to have to pay any additional fees to the state.

As soon as they get it all setup I'll post pics. Just the norm though with the front compartment being turned into a live well.

Yakly 07-04-2013 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes!!!!!! I picked her up bright and early this morning!!! To bad the bay is absolutely horrible today with swarms of people.

Got a few small things I wanna do but she's ready to go..... Hopefully get to fish with some of you guys soon....

Yakly 07-04-2013 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another....

Yakly 07-04-2013 01:22 PM

Sorry for the air soft gun, I swear kids never pick up their toys!!!!!:mad:

FlyFishinYakr 07-04-2013 04:34 PM

Sweet lookin' ride. :D
Bet you can't wait to get on the water! :reel:
FFY

CKallday71 07-04-2013 04:41 PM

I want to mount a holster to the side of my Outback for my Airsoft Glock pistol to plink the water dogs! Wonder if F&G would be cranky about that.

Kidding of course!

I did see some guys on a private boat in La Jolla yesterday with a paintball gun they were shooting at a big bull water dog.

momo fish 07-04-2013 10:25 PM

what is that white circle on left side of kayak?

nice kayak, have same color but stealth...did you get the ff from west marine sale?

steveooo 07-04-2013 10:34 PM

Nice looking yak. Looks ready to kill some fish :reeling: