Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Wahoo Trials (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=27575)

Chuck D 11-07-2015 05:56 PM

Wahoo Trials

Disclaimer***
There are no actual fish caught in this video. There is also adult language used more then once.
3 Wahoo
1 Manta Ray and 1 unknown large unknown, maybe a Marlin, good times

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f7dlqXoMP9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EastLosYaker 11-07-2015 06:25 PM

Bummer bro! Love me some Arrested Development though!

619-SWIM-DOG 11-07-2015 07:00 PM

Nice video chuck you will have your shot at an Ono in no time.

LEEZO 11-07-2015 07:20 PM

good efforts on those wahoos! thanks for the share. If anyone sees sunflower seeds out there Chuck is nearby.

Cbad Mike 11-07-2015 08:36 PM

Nice video Chuck!
I'm gonna start using sun flower seeds for bait too.

fishing md 11-08-2015 06:05 AM

That sucks! Does this mean I don't have to make a wahoo AVATAR?

Iceman 11-08-2015 10:16 AM

Drove me crazy that I could not spend more time chasing those unicorns!.........it ain't over just yet.

Deamon 11-08-2015 10:36 AM

Dang it ChuckieD!!!

Cadillyak 11-08-2015 03:06 PM

Closer than 99% of the kayak population.

makobob 11-08-2015 07:16 PM

Nice video Chuck. You baiting with SF seeds OR chumming?? Tight Lines Amigo.

blitzburgh 11-10-2015 06:02 AM

Nice video Chuck!

sculpins4bait 11-10-2015 06:53 AM

Any chance you'll give us bums some knowledge?? Marauder? Live bait? Did they break u off or shook the hook? We're u using wire? Cool vid I'd rate that pg13 compared to when I lose em.

Smthtnnr 11-10-2015 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculpins4bait (Post 247085)
Any chance you'll give us bums some knowledge?? Marauder? Live bait? Did they break u off or shook the hook? We're u using wire? Cool vid I'd rate that pg13 compared to when I lose em.

You must be a badass.

Sick video Chuck!

Chuck D 11-10-2015 07:44 AM

All fish were caught with a purple marauder and a large pink rapala. The wind definitely helped get the yak to the speed I needed with the marauder, I am sure pure peddling all day would be quite the workout, but feasible. It seems all fish shook the hook so what I found is that especially with wahoo constant pressure is needed at all times and pumping the rod is discouraged. The first two I followed them with the yak, big mistake, shook the hook. I should have let them pull me and keep constant pressure. The others I just did not set the hook and they were gone, of course the manta ray had a wonderful hook set and it just dragged me around for 2 hours. It was fun, but long days and no fish. Good knowledge gained though, maybe next time.

ctfphoto 11-10-2015 07:54 AM

Wow, amazing effort, time on the water I guess.

Nice meeting out there and I really like your AI and the sail really seems to help ease the leg cramps :D

summers in kuwait 11-10-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck D (Post 247091)
All fish were caught with a purple marauder and a large pink rapala. The wind definitely helped get the yak to the speed I needed with the marauder, I am sure pure peddling all day would be quite the workout, but feasible. It seems all fish shook the hook so what I found is that especially with wahoo constant pressure is needed at all times and pumping the rod is discouraged. The first two I followed them with the yak, big mistake, shook the hook. I should have let them pull me and keep constant pressure. The others I just did not set the hook and they were gone, of course the manta ray had a wonderful hook set and it just dragged me around for 2 hours. It was fun, but long days and no fish. Good knowledge gained though, maybe next time.

Great post Chuck. Thanks for share the stoke and knowledge.

The real question is:

David or Spitz seeds?
:)

steveooo 11-10-2015 09:19 AM

Chuck D!

Those mantas are a trip. Saw a bunch of them jumping near the domes a couple weeks back. Huge guys that would leave craters in the ocean when they landed. Sounded like they were bombing Pendleton, but it was just the big manta belly flops.

I think we'll get a few more shots at 'em in kayak range.

sculpins4bait 11-10-2015 01:54 PM

Thanks man I appreciate the tips. I'm not a wahoo badass as I've never hooked one but I want to be and I got my purple marauder ready!