Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Newport (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=27302)

Dee84cali 10-09-2015 11:14 AM

Newport

Launched at 7 from kids beach,stopped at the bait barge got some chovies and a few sardines only for them to die within ten minutes in our paddle (used aerator) lesson learned, need a bait tank.. The only 2 chovies we where able to use that where live caught caught a Bonita and barracuda Ended the day in the harbor, got a few bites and a great time.. *thanks hunter pa for letting me barrow your kayak and some equipment

ROSSOLY 10-09-2015 11:27 AM

Thanks for the report, I'm going out tomorrow.

Where abouts did you hook up with the bonito? TIA

Dee84cali 10-09-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROSSOLY (Post 244255)
Thanks for the report, I'm going out tomorrow.

Where abouts did you hook up with the bonito? TIA

Right by the buoy

Harry Hill 10-09-2015 02:12 PM

I made my first salt water excursion today, launched from Coast Guard Beach with Amish Ed, stayed in the harbor casting soft baits for spotties. We caught mostly small spotties, I caught two that were just a bit short so nothing came home for dinner. I fell getting out of my kayak because of my new knees, Ed looked at me and said," you aren't ready for La Jolla" that was really funny. Thanks Ed for showing me around. I had a school of little barracuda attack my bait right below the boat, they were fun to watch even though I didn't hook any of them. I also fought what looked like a corvina for a couple of minutes before he came off the hook.

ROSSOLY 10-09-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 244270)
I made my first salt water excursion today, launched from Coast Guard Beach with Amish Ed, stayed in the harbor casting soft baits for spotties. We caught mostly small spotties, I caught two that were just a bit short so nothing came home for dinner. I fell getting out of my kayak because of my new knees, Ed looked at me and said," you aren't ready for La Jolla" that was really funny. Thanks Ed for showing me around. I had a school of little barracuda attack my bait right below the boat, they were fun to watch even though I didn't hook any of them. I also fought what looked like a corvina for a couple of minutes before he came off the hook.

Welcome to the salt water. Sounds like this is the first of many trips.

Hunters Pa 10-09-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee84cali (Post 244254)
Launched at 7 from kids beach,stopped at the bait barge got some chovies and a few sardines only for them to die within ten minutes in our paddle (used aerator) lesson learned, need a bait tank.. The only 2 chovies we where able to use that where live caught caught a Bonita and barracuda Ended the day in the harbor, got a few bites and a great time.. *thanks hunter pa for letting me barrow your kayak and some equipment

You are very welcome. Glad you could get your brother out. Now we need to make you a bait tank

octico 10-15-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 244270)

Ed's a great guy to fish with. Glad you has a good time.

carbonbass 10-16-2015 07:25 AM

next time drag the dead ones around on the bottom near pilings for the flat kind!

Harry Hill 10-16-2015 07:55 AM

where is the baby beach?