Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GONZAGA Open Invite (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29297)

makobob 06-09-2016 04:26 PM

GONZAGA Open Invite

Leaving 24 June and returning 2 July. On 23 June I turn 68 and on 24 June I go to Baja. I plan on getting the toilet installed and working this trip.
Trip is open to anyone wishing to come, just post. Plan on serving dinner one night in camp or at restaurant. Hope to see you there. Expect it to be HOT!!!!

Dannowar 06-09-2016 04:28 PM

Well I can't very well miss your birthday....I'm in for now...

SDROB 06-09-2016 04:43 PM

I'm in! Sign me up...

DanaPT 06-09-2016 07:36 PM

This seems like a killer trip. I can't take you up on your offer now, but hope too soon. I will also do what I can to help you make perfect your fisherman's paradise.

makobob 06-09-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaPT (Post 263048)
This seems like a killer trip. I can't take you up on your offer now, but hope too soon. I will also do what I can to help you make perfect your fisherman's paradise.

The paradise will be left to BWE so you all can enjoy it. Hope to see you soon.

Harry Hill 06-09-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 263050)
The paradise will be left to BWE so you all can enjoy it. Hope to see you soon.

what all is needed to go into Mexico now? Passport and ID? Do you get your Mexican fishing license when you cross the border?

Dannowar 06-10-2016 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 263052)
what all is needed to go into Mexico now? Passport and ID? Do you get your Mexican fishing license when you cross the border?

Got mine at Dana landing.

farreola 06-10-2016 07:45 AM

count me in!!!

Baja_Traveler 06-10-2016 03:12 PM

Cheaper to get your mexico fishing license direct from Conapesca up on 5th near Balboa Park. That way you don't pay service charges that the landings tack on.
Just go I5 to the Laurel Street off ramp right next to the airport. Go up the hill toward Balboa Park and take a right on 4th (one way). Take a left on Kalmia and find a place to park. Conapesca is on the east side of 5th and Kalmia in the corner building. Look it up on Yelp - I took a picture of it last year.

Baja Arizona 06-10-2016 08:44 PM

Makobob -

Four of us will be northbound, returning from Bahia de Los Angeles. We are planning on a return stop at Gonzaga Bay on PM 24th/ AM 25th.

Our itinerary (somewhat loose) looks like this:
Monday June 20th - Depart early AM and cross border at Mexicali, fish Punta Final (Gonzaga Bay) PM.
21st - Punta Final AM - Travel to Bahia de Los Angeles, camp Punta gringa
22nd - Fish Bahia de Los Angeles, Isla Coronado (Isla Smith).
23rd - Same as 22nd, possibly begin return to Gonzaga Bay (depending on fishing conditions
24th - Return to Gonzaga Bay, fish either AM and PM or just PM, depending on return time.
25th - Fish Gonzaga Bay AM - Return to the States via Mexicali.

We'd like to hook up with you guys on the evening of the 24th, and AM 25th if there is an opportunity.

Also, not intending to hijack this thread, but if anybody else is interested in joining us on this trip you are welcome to come along. Like Makobob said, plan on it being HOT (and probably really humid).

Makobob - Happy Birthday!

Sivak 06-13-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 263052)

I just bought mine last week here in San Felipe
Fatboy's Bar & Pizzeria, I know what you are thinking... Yes this guy sells them and his service fee is like $1.00. I think mine was $40 or $41 total for a year license.
https://goo.gl/maps/qqKMTiJUEYH2

The actual "fish and game" place is here, directly across the street from the bank (Banacomer) in a yellow 2 story building on the first floor. The guy was nowhere to be found so we got ours at Fatboy's
https://goo.gl/maps/S8dhE2qDKCK2

makobob 06-13-2016 01:27 PM

Just come on down. I am NORTH of Gonzaga Bay by about 8 miles. So from where you are head north to kn 134, look on your right for sing Campo Truistica turn right on good dirt road, follow to small restrauant on your left, about 1/2 mile. At restaurant just in front turn left, then right then left past planted driveway, look left I will be 1st place on your left. Feel free to join us, lot's of room. Tight Lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja Arizona (Post 263158)
Makobob -

Four of us will be northbound, returning from Bahia de Los Angeles. We are planning on a return stop at Gonzaga Bay on PM 24th/ AM 25th.

Our itinerary (somewhat loose) looks like this:
Monday June 20th - Depart early AM and cross border at Mexicali, fish Punta Final (Gonzaga Bay) PM.
21st - Punta Final AM - Travel to Bahia de Los Angeles, camp Punta gringa
22nd - Fish Bahia de Los Angeles, Isla Coronado (Isla Smith).
23rd - Same as 22nd, possibly begin return to Gonzaga Bay (depending on fishing conditions
24th - Return to Gonzaga Bay, fish either AM and PM or just PM, depending on return time.
25th - Fish Gonzaga Bay AM - Return to the States via Mexicali.

We'd like to hook up with you guys on the evening of the 24th, and AM 25th if there is an opportunity.

Also, not intending to hijack this thread, but if anybody else is interested in joining us on this trip you are welcome to come along. Like Makobob said, plan on it being HOT (and probably really humid).

Makobob - Happy Birthday!

makobob 06-14-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 263036)
Leaving 24 June and returning 2 July. On 23 June I turn 68 and on 24 June I go to Baja. I plan on getting the toilet installed and working this trip.
Trip is open to anyone wishing to come, just post. Plan on serving dinner one night in camp or at restaurant. Hope to see you there. Expect it to be HOT!!!!

NEW at camp, Vaccum Sealer with bags, GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker/Grill and outdoor solar lighting. Camp is coming together!!! Hope to see you there. Tight Lines.

makobob 06-19-2016 04:50 PM

Weather update

Fri 24th afternoon 14 mph 95 degrees
Sat Less ten 10 mph 95 degrees
Sun SAME
Mon SAME
Tues SAME
WED SAME
Thur ???
Fri ???
Sat Home

Looks like a HOT week, fishing should be just as HOT. Remember your hats , sun block and shades. Tight Lines.

makobob 06-20-2016 01:44 PM

Cooking

Fri Mako Restaurant
Sat
Sun SDROB CHICKEN
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thur Mako SHRIMP
Fri

Post up guy's.

Corvina 06-28-2016 07:03 PM

I'm going with Dave Sivak on Thursday 30th till Tuesday 5th. A question, how far does the tide go out?