Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Countyline 3/19 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28547)

goletaslim 03-20-2016 08:16 PM

Countyline 3/19

I witnessed a brutal launch attempt Saturday morning. The sabiki was loaded on a rod during the launch and when the gentleman washed ashore after taking on a large wave he had a couple hooks in his hand and arm with the rod still secured to his bait tank.

Other than a couple of flesh wounds and a bruised ego he seemed to be in good spirits before I took on the surf.

DON'T LAUNCH OR LAND WITH HOOKS RIGGED UP!!!!

County line has always been a tricky spot to launch from, it is a great surf spot after all.

On to the fishing.

Mediocre day of fishing. Some rock fish and a ling is all I managed to bring up. All caught on the yoyo setup. Bait was dealers choice. Macs and sardines everywhere. Boiling on the surface, giant balls mid column yet I couldn't manage a solid strike on the live stuff.

Current was strong, water color was a dark deep green, and water temp around 61.

The whales were steadily cruising around, always an entertaining experience.

Be safe out there.

jorluivil 03-20-2016 08:20 PM

saw the video, it was posted by someone on our Facebook page last night. All I can say is that I'm glad he's OK.

BADASS 03-20-2016 08:23 PM

D.I.Y pvc sabiki rod a must...

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

2-Stix 03-20-2016 08:58 PM

I saw you all launching. There was 6 of us total at Leo...nothing to report there. Slow.

Hye 03-20-2016 10:56 PM

Im still at the beach house at las Flores beach until the end of the month. Contact me if you wanna fish here. No public beach access for miles. Calico bass fishing is hot. Will need to have surf launching and beaching experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-Stix 03-21-2016 10:38 AM

I'm on dad duty this weekend, and the next I will be down south getting a line wet. Thanks for the invite. Hook some toads!

radastaff 03-21-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hye (Post 256425)
Im still at the beach house at las Flores beach until the end of the month. Contact me if you wanna fish here. No public beach access for miles. Calico bass fishing is hot. Will need to have surf launching and beaching experience.

I like that vacant lot just north of moonshadows
got clobbered there once against the rock and broke a rod
good times

a cool spot
cool of you to invite

P

Hye 03-21-2016 06:59 PM

Yeah, fishing along moonshadows is good. That whole area is good. Not many people ever fish it. These wealthy people here hoard some of the nicest beaches in Malibu. Offer is open to who ever wants a easy accessible launch. Weather was awesome today until late afternoon. Wind picked up a little.

goletaslim 03-21-2016 08:09 PM

Hye

I really wish I had the time before this weekend. Thanks for the offer!!!

domtesta27 03-22-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hye (Post 256518)
Yeah, fishing along moonshadows is good. That whole area is good. Not many people ever fish it. These wealthy people here hoard some of the nicest beaches in Malibu. Offer is open to who ever wants a easy accessible launch. Weather was awesome today until late afternoon. Wind picked up a little.

Planning on going out tomorrow morning out of Leo, swell looks good let me know if you feel like doin some fishin!

Hye 03-22-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domtesta27 (Post 256578)
Planning on going out tomorrow morning out of Leo, swell looks good let me know if you feel like doin some fishin!

Tomorrow is the only day out of the week I won't be fishing. If you can fish Thursday you should join me. Easy steps to walk down to beach from the house I'm at. We can fish Leo anytime. I'm out of here at the end of month. Waves and wind did pick up today. Not much wind in the am tho.

domtesta27 03-22-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hye (Post 256595)
Tomorrow is the only day out of the week I won't be fishing. If you can fish Thursday you should join me. Easy steps to walk down to beach from the house I'm at. We can fish Leo anytime. I'm out of here at the end of month. Waves and wind did pick up today. Not much wind in the am tho.

Unfortunately tomorrow is my only free day this week, I'll be back in the old biz suit by Thursday morning. Maybe on sunday?

Hye 03-22-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domtesta27 (Post 256596)
Unfortunately tomorrow is my only free day this week, I'll be back in the old biz suit by Thursday morning. Maybe on sunday?

Sunday will work. Will have guests around noon. If you are OK with beaching by noon that will work well.

domtesta27 03-22-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hye (Post 256595)

Yea that wind looks narly today, I turned on the county Line live webcam and there were 4 or 5 windsurfers tearin it up!

domtesta27 03-22-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hye (Post 256609)
Sunday will work. Will have guests around noon. If you are OK with beaching by noon that will work well.

Yea I don't mind.

alanw 03-22-2016 07:29 PM

That looked brutal, think I'll look into a Sabiki rod.

Silbaugh4liberty 03-23-2016 07:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Exactly why I got a sibiki rod. Their kinda bulky, but I rather avoid sticking myself. Nice job on the fish!! Be glad it was sibiki hooks and not a treble from a popper!!!

:doh:

cell128 03-24-2016 04:06 AM

Hey that picture looks familiar Kevin 😂
I been eye balling a new boat lately
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ceruleandrms 03-24-2016 05:48 AM

I remember that picture too! Oh wait!! I took it!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

ceruleandrms 03-24-2016 07:28 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ffcc4766e4.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk