Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OTW Report LJ 6/9 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31281)

stevie951 06-09-2017 06:46 AM

OTW Report LJ 6/9

1 Attachment(s)
Unloaded with a barrage of other yakkers at the launch.. launched at grey ligh.. 1.5 foote... note.. while writing, and paddling this a dog comes up ... I'm just off the point... 5 sec sleigh ride then picked clean.. hook and line retrieved whole... launched to 1.5 footers to ankle slappers... minimal current but the swells are somewhat ripping... PB hooked onto something big and lost it about an hour ago while I wasmaking bait... nothing else since.. generally easy today, mixed bag of greens n Spanish on two hook sabiki with 1 oz egg Weight on end.... 3 lines in water today easy .. not a parking lot but the crowds starting to arrive for the show so to speak .... time to hook a fresh one on the fly!

pok 06-09-2017 08:01 AM

Love the real time report, thanks!

undrH2Ohntr 06-09-2017 08:02 AM

Nice...how does the water look? clean or dirty?
Thanks.

Croaker Dave 06-09-2017 08:21 AM

Good luck!

blitzburgh 06-09-2017 09:20 AM

Get some! :luxhello:

Steve Max 06-09-2017 09:39 AM

That is so cool. How are the winds? Hope you can find that PB again. Fish on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceman 06-09-2017 10:27 AM

Nice! back in the day we called that "Fresh off the horn" :luxhello:

ctfphoto 06-09-2017 11:24 AM

No birds and no yellow that I saw today, very slow.

Almost sank.

Hobie Outbacks rear hatch is really a stupid idea!!!

Got to go buy some silicone.

Geno Machino 06-09-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfphoto (Post 280872)

Almost sank.

Happened to myself also, out in front of O'side. Luckily I had my hand pump and another yakker to shadow me all the way in to the launch. Glad your ok Chris! Btw, I immediately got a new o-ring and sold my Outback. Bought a Rev 13 from Andy - been happy ever since. Thanks for the report Stevoo, sorry you lost that mystery fish. 😣

Geno

MrPukaShell 06-09-2017 12:48 PM

Good Luck

stevie951 06-09-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undrH2Ohntr (Post 280860)
Nice...how does the water look? clean or dirty?
Thanks.

Water was generally clean, not too mixed up but visibility was still poor, no visible surface kelp, and it's been a month or to since last trip to the jewel, suprisingly no snags on kelp this time.. Dragged my trap rig around on a 3 way swivel with 6 oz torpedo sinker with out any issues all day, not one snag.. Now if only the fish would have cooperated..

As to the winds, about 6-8knots i'd say, nothing too bad at all... I was on 16 most of the day and towards around 11 or 12 the CG mentioned the fact that a small craft advisory had been placed into effect... wonder where i was picking that frequency up from :eek::confused:

undrH2Ohntr 06-09-2017 02:24 PM

Supposed to blow pretty decent this weekend.

DanaYakAngler 06-09-2017 02:41 PM

pro angler

Quote:

Almost sank.

Has anyone had this issue with the pro angler?

ctfphoto 06-09-2017 02:58 PM

"Glad your ok Chris! Btw, I immediately got a new o-ring and sold my Outback."

Thanks Geno. I thought the issue was the "O" ring as well, until I filled up my yak at home with water. The "O" ring was not leaking. It was flowing like a hose between the whole latch unit and the kayak itself. I will need to unscrew the unit and silicon it and reattach. BTW I love the outback. I sail with it because it is so stable

"Has anyone had this issue with the pro angler? "

I have not heard of any issues ... The Outback has it in a different (BAD) place.

TJones 06-10-2017 02:47 PM

Good for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by pok (Post 280859)
Love the real time report, thanks!

Real time update . :notworthy:

TJones 06-10-2017 02:50 PM

Did I miss something?

Quote:

Almost sank.

What happened ?

TJones 06-10-2017 02:53 PM

Is the back end dragging in water?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfphoto (Post 280889)
"Glad your ok Chris! Btw, I immediately got a new o-ring and sold my Outback."

Thanks Geno. I thought the issue was the "O" ring as well, until I filled up my yak at home with water. The "O" ring was not leaking. It was flowing like a hose between the whole latch unit and the kayak itself. I will need to unscrew the unit and silicon it and reattach. BTW I love the outback. I sail with it because it is so stable

"Has anyone had this issue with the pro angler? "

I have not heard of any issues ... The Outback has it in a different (BAD) place.

I know someone that had this issue. Not as extreme as your case, but None the less a newer style outback that had a rear end that was dipping . My bad for going off topic . :D