Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Untimely Demise (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=22981)

wade 08-14-2014 10:48 AM

Untimely Demise

Surface H20 72 fwiw.. I guess it goes without saying, especially now in peak season, but it was truly another beautiful & productive day @ the Jewel yesterday.:reel::yt: Get out there you guys & girls before the weekend if you can manage it..With most boats enjoying the stellar action offshore, I had it mostly to myself (That is until my next report..:doh:)Winds held down 4-8 till lunch then lightly gusted, although I was off the water and on the road home by then..Maybe hooky is in order for some ‘hook time’ if you ‘catch’ my ‘drift’.. L.i.m.i.t.s…M.o.u.s.e.. I don’t think this will interest very many here, but for the couple people that might find this GoPro footage entertaining, have a go.. Dave you gotta give me your new number man Ill float you these points, haven’t been able to reach you the last few..Go home stacked next round with your enormous gas bill..:ack2:
With these traveling Rats crawling all over the place, you know there is literally a giant mass underneath..
Extremely hungry kids are snapping at multiple offerings live or :jig: & even blind casts on turds with trebles ..1/8 day the end of this week really can bring home the bacon..With sixty two release karma points intact, I set off for the bigger one running underneath the transients.
It wasn’t long before I found my good mark....................................
:reel::yt:

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/500/yt.png

(Watch In HD)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mAyYPUpftU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5-20 08-14-2014 11:16 AM

Cool. :)

Scoot 08-14-2014 12:13 PM

Awesome vid

Thanks for the motivation

FISH11 08-14-2014 12:16 PM

Another awesome video Wade. Thanks for sharing.

blitzburgh 08-14-2014 01:05 PM

Some great footage on the release :cheers1:

bigbarrels 08-14-2014 01:18 PM

very nice:cheers1:

wade 08-14-2014 01:31 PM

Building up karma points also comes with a price around these parts..
NOTHING is free.
Some locations you have to deal with regular Sharks devouring your hard earned catch mid fight, while at other times your letting Pelagics take you straight into the deep with the ‘coast is clear’ so to speak.. Yesterday while working a hundred to one twenty contour lines, I got brought once again this week into the Nw shoulder section of the kelp with this powerful YT. 65# Spectra did its job with the quickness and we were back & off to the races!..With a nice bow wake building & powerful head shakes in tow & almost dislodging the rooftop-mouth hook set, we are now headed in the right direction. Just before color, I see the small brown beast charging in circles trying to get a hold of my prize. Several failed attempts and I put my Sealine out of gear for safe measure at a few critical lunges.. Once decked the hook practically fell out. Tight lines is an understatement..Tension, tension, tension.. Chase em’ down & never go slack. Im sure if my good ol’ trusty friend Knothead was in the same position yesterday, this would have turned out much much different, but the Gopro was a rollin’, and i thought I’d share with you some of the typical LJ antics.

So in fine Fish-Natzi fashion, I will leave all you Pinnipeds a farewell :the_finger:“No Fish For You!”:the_finger:
At least not mine.
Today that is..
:yt::eating:

(Watch In HD)
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Uoy2hKpHC1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jsunmkly 08-14-2014 02:09 PM

That's a sad looking yellowtail.
By sad I mean look at its expression!!
Great catch there

Big Wave Dave 08-14-2014 02:20 PM

Way to go Cap'n

Fish n Jeep 08-14-2014 02:43 PM

Great Vid! I finally have some time off of work next week. Looking forward to hitting the water as much as possible, and learning. This is even more motivation. Thanks Wade!

salty pirate 08-14-2014 04:06 PM

Sic movie Wade! And thanks for the report. I almost lost one that way on Monday.

blitzburgh 08-14-2014 04:21 PM

HAHAHAHA "You get nothing! You lose! GOOD DAY SIR!" classic :D

cesar74 08-14-2014 04:26 PM

Lol! Thanks for posting such great video/ report.

GregAndrew 08-14-2014 04:26 PM

Great video. I love the classic movie scenes and keeping fish away from thieves.

Widgeon 08-14-2014 06:38 PM

Good times.
Wish I had a chance to get out there mud week.

battleborn 08-14-2014 07:11 PM

well. done. Karma does come around…and it was your turn to collect.

PAL 08-14-2014 07:16 PM

I give that video :the_finger: up. Nice job Wade.

Apex 08-14-2014 07:47 PM

Classic :luxhello:

tattuna 08-14-2014 08:18 PM

Cool videos and nice shirt!

maui jim 08-14-2014 08:24 PM

Great video Capt`n..
I cant wait to get back on the water, the video makes me more jones`n for fishin`