Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   3 days at Irvine Lake 11-4,5,6, 2011 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=11862)

Trident 15 11-07-2011 08:21 AM

3 days at Irvine Lake 11-4,5,6, 2011

Now i know you guys do mostly saltwater but i just had 3 great days at Irvine Lake and wanted to give a little report.

Had a blast trolling Fri,Sat and Sunday man those troll stops are fun.
Got a 4 hr window on Friday between rain storms , made 4 passes up to Dam and back had Many hookups and boated limit Easily , then it started raining , but in waders and splash top i was Totally dry and warm no problems.

Sat. Not a cloud in the sky, flat water, no wind, but lots of boats wow !
it took 5 passes to dam and back and limited out, today Lots of hookups for 5 in boat Hmmm.

Sunday 6:30 Flat Glass Mirror water BUT dark clouds and rain comming, i made 1 pass to Dam and back had Many hookups boated 4 , Met up with a friend on a Kayak went back out got 1 more within 5 minutes and the conditions turned UGLY , wind, whitecaps , rain, got a call from wife with a message from Campground Security GET your trailer out , Before dirt road road becomes unuseable its mostly clay and when wet turns to snot.

So i put it into high gear and high paddled it back:paddleersmilie: , just in time too it was raining pretty good put kayak in trailer and just got backed out with trailer in slippery goo Just made it.

So if you get a chance give the Vine a try you got 5 Months left :) Limits were Easy I used CD5 Rapalas in Firetiger , Owner Mira shad in hot pink Thomas Bouyants, anything in hot colors worked , i trolled 2 rods , 1 flatlined and 1 weighted both worked equally well, speed was between 1.5 and 2.0 and it was Very easy to go too fast with my Trident so my HDS 5 combo showing speed on the sonar screen really helped, BTW the lake is chock full of fish all over west arm the sonar had big arches, should be a good season :reel: Man i cant wait till next trip.

Bob.......................

ful-rac 11-07-2011 09:19 AM

Sweet thanks for the report! :luxhello: Im going to be camping out there often this winter and will alsso be out there for three days too in a couple of weeks. I cant wait its going to be soo much fun! Good job on the limits, i love that place!

Tony.

yani 11-07-2011 09:22 AM

thanks for the report Bob, sounds like
you had a blast. It's been years since
I've fish the Vine. But your report has
inspired me!

blitzburgh 11-07-2011 09:38 AM

Nice work Bob!:luxhello: Wish I could have made the run with you guys. Next time!

StinkyMatt 11-07-2011 09:41 AM

Irvine Fri?

If the rains didn't completely destroy the water.......

Anyone up for Irvine on Friday?

Hunter (The 80's Man) 11-07-2011 01:02 PM

I can do it next friday if you want to hold off a week. maybe we could plan for then and get a group together.

Anthony179 11-07-2011 01:10 PM

any pics. cant wait to get out. always did good on the float tube.

RedSledTeam 11-07-2011 03:01 PM

Did you take any pictures Bob? Nice story and thanks for the report.

Trident 15 11-09-2011 06:47 AM

Sorry no pics this time , brought camera but tore trailer apart and couldnt find it, still havent found it, hmmmmmmmmmm must be getting old.:(

O well wanted a Go Pro anyways, this might be the time :D

Bob........